What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

17 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

No they did not

:( sadface.

Anyways, I've been thinking about checking out Citrus since talk on the internet makes it sound like the be-all end-all of yuri anime. anyone have any opinions?

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Anyways, I've been thinking about checking out Citrus since talk on the internet makes it sound like the be-all end-all of yuri anime. anyone have any opinions?

I am enjoying Citrus, i would watch it and I am not a fan of yuri anime.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

On 1/29/2018 at 4:07 PM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Anyone following the Live action version of Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)?     I caught the first episode on Netflix,  has potential.

Ending is a bit weak, up to that point though, it's pretty good.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:26 AM, anime52k8 said:

I didn't like it. May I suggest something else? How about Sangatsu no Lion? (March Comes in Like a Lion) It's not yuri but has a much, much better story. It's the only series I'm religiously following this year.

So recently started on Darling in the Franxx. I am not that impressed with the first episode. But I got the itch to rewatch Guren Lagann, which I'll do if the next 2 episodes still fail to make an impression on me.

On 2/4/2018 at 4:49 PM, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Franxx reminds me more of Evangelion more then anything else...  it's like a mix of Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann, and Evangelion..       good times B))

Pretty entertaining series, while not being as good as any of the 3 you mentioned. At least until episode four that is.

I just caught up on Ancient Magus Bride (ep. 17)

I am still really liking it.. the tone did sorta change in the 2nd season but it's not detrimental to it.

When the 2nd Season OP started I swear to god.. first thing that popped into my head was Macross Frontier..

34 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I just caught up on Ancient Magus Bride (ep. 17)

I am still really liking it.. the tone did sorta change in the 2nd season but it's not detrimental to it.

When the 2nd Season OP started I swear to god.. first thing that popped into my head was Macross Frontier..

Considering it's May'n singing, not at all surprising.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished watching House of Five Leaves, I got into it cause I stumbled on its interesting style and figured 12 episodes isn't too long. Pretty good series, I'd recommend it if you are into good characters and can take a slow place.

I got about 3 episodes in to B the beginning or maybe it’s supposed to be read as before the beginning on Netflix. It’s an alright show with nothing super new to offer, but a way to pass time without being disappointed. I was a little surprised that the end theme sounded kinda like a generic Megadeth guitar rhythm only to find out that it’s actually Marty Friedman on guitar. I know he has had some solo stuff lately and the instrumentals are actually pretty good.

Anyone watching Grancrest Senki? Things really took a dark turn in yesterdays chapter.

And Darling in the Franxx really is retreading some Evangelion territory. The dividing line between the girls and boys was straight out of Asuka/Shinji's relationship.

Finished B and liked the show more each episode. I originally only liked it as a time waster, but ended up getting hooked on the twists and turns and explanations of why just about every character does what they do without feeling like being slammed with too many flashbacks.

23 hours ago, isamu said:

My friend was telling to go watch a show called "Another". Says it's ridiculously good. Has anyone here seen it?

ahh Another..  overall it's worth the watch.. I don't really consider this horror though.. and to be honest the end gets pretty silly.

But yea I agree with @JB0

1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

ahh Another..  overall it's worth the watch.. I don't really consider this horror though.. and to be honest the end gets pretty silly.

But yea I agree with @JB0

Yeah, the run to the end gets comically over-the-top.

The early episodes are fantastic, though. The first three episodes just build up this tension, a sort of ominous cloud hanging over everything. And when it stops being tension and becomes action,  they relish the opportunity to draw the results with a quite astonishing level of detail.

I really kind of think it goes to hell with the field trip, but I have zero regrets about watching the thing.

I just make sure people know not to  get too attached to any of the characters when I introduce them to it.

(I also make sure not to mention what is special about the umbrella.)

I just finished Kiddy Girl-And..  very meh sequel.     Some characters from Kiddy Grade carry over.. but the plot never really gets off the ground.    I enjoyed Kiddy Grade back in 2003, and looking back on that probably with nostalgia colored glasses.

No real payoff in the ending.. and very flat characters with no development beyond the halfway point of the series.

So meh..

April's around the corner, 2 more weeks, and I've actually got a list of stuff to check out this season.   Ignoring the movies these caught my eye.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2018/spring

Boku No Hero Season 3

Steins Gate 0

Shokugeki No Soma Season 3

SAO A: Gun Gale

FMP Invisible

Captain Tsubasa

Shiyan Pin Jiating

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu

Gundam Build Divers

The alternative plots for Steins;Gate and SAO are intriguing, and more FMP is good news.

I'll have to tune in once streaming is available locally, and check out the other spring titles.

I'm way behind, though. -_-

• Just finished Food Wars Season 3
  • Just started Grimoire of Zero
  • Keeping up with Darling in the Franxx

At this rate, my "to watch" list won't be getting any shorter. :lol:

Edited by technoblue