Jump to content

What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Ancient Magus Bride.. I am waaay behind in this series still on the first season (episode 8 ) but I like what I see so far.

Not really a spoiler, but the first two episodes of season two are... abit out of tune. Hoping it's not a tread, but season one is good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Focslain said:

On a side note: Violet Evergarden is on Amazon, not netflix. Which is on my watch list, but have to wait for a binge watch with my room mate since I'll be using her prime account.

Is it? I'm unable to find Violet Evergarden on US Amazon or Netflix, and I read that certain territories are not getting simulcast streaming with Japan.

I do have Garden of Sinners on my Prime watchlist, though.

I've also caught up with some other new-to-me series from previous seasons:

  • Land of the Lustrous
  • Inuyashiki: Last Hero (thanks for the recommendation @Marzan)
  • Food Wars: The Third Plate
  • Knights and Magic
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a listing for violet evergaden being released here in March for Netflix. I tried checking for it on Netflix and all I got from the search were related titles and that was no help. The release must be different by region as to when and how to watch

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, technoblue said:

Is it? I'm unable to find Violet Evergarden on US Amazon or Netflix, and I read that certain territories are not getting simulcast streaming with Japan.

I do have Garden of Sinners on my Prime watchlist, though.

I've also caught up with some other new-to-me series from previous seasons:

  • Land of the Lustrous
  • Inuyashiki: Last Hero (thanks for the recommendation @Marzan)
  • Food Wars: The Third Plate
  • Knights and Magic

 

If your going to watch Garden of Sinners do yourself a favor and watch it in the correct order..  not the sequential.    I made that mistake at first and was WTF? 

Great series some movies better then others..

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Focslain said:

On a side note: Violet Evergarden is on Amazon, not netflix. Which is on my watch list, but have to wait for a binge watch with my room mate since I'll be using her prime account.

Interesting.. My *cough* source has the Netflix logo plastered right as the series starts..  I would double check what your friend has.. assuming your in the US..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Interesting.. My *cough* source has the Netflix logo plastered right as the series starts..  I would double check what your friend has.. assuming your in the US..

No, I was wrong. I even had the wrong series in my brain at the time. For some reason I had Land of Lustrous as Violet Evergarden. 

My apologizes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

If your going to watch Garden of Sinners do yourself a favor and watch it in the correct order..  not the sequential.    I made that mistake at first and was WTF? 

Great series some movies better then others..

Oh! Good to know, thanks. I thought there was a reason for the wonky time line, but if it can be watched in chronological order then that should be fun too.

34 minutes ago, Focslain said:

No, I was wrong. I even had the wrong series in my brain at the time. For some reason I had Land of Lustrous as Violet Evergarden. 

My apologizes.

No worries, and thanks for reporting back. For my part, I thought I was missing something obvious about the US situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On a more topic related line, seems that my group has solidified our weekly viewing:

Monday - Made in Abyss (only to ep 4 and already seeing the decent into the darkness)

Thrusday - Ancient Magus Bride season 2, Overlord season 2, Junji Ito Collection and Darling in Franxx

AMB seems off beat as I mentioned earlier, hope it rights itself soon. Overlord is looking good, I could have done with out the lizardman mating call though. Junji is meh for me, but horror was not really that scary or appealing to me. Darling is well, Trigger doing what Trigger does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Oh! Good to know, thanks. I thought there was a reason for the wonky time line, but if it can be watched in chronological order then that should be fun too.

No worries, and thanks for reporting back. For my part, I thought I was missing something obvious about the US situation.

I believe the correct order is 2,4,3,1,5,6,7

You can watch it either way.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watched Godzilla on Netflix last night, I LOVED it! I'm a Godzilla superfan/whore anyway, I love anything related to the Big G so I knew I would love it, but yeah, it was good. I'm still not a huge fan of the CG cell shaded look, but it worked, and it looked good overall. A bit slow at times, but that describes literally every Godzilla movie ever, the ending was what really got me hyped, plus I REALLY dig this design for Godzilla, it looks like he's become one with the Earth itself, like he's a massive tangible part of it. I'm very glad I grabbed the MonsterArts figure of this design, and I am really looking forward to part 2 with Mecha-G, and the inevitable MonsterArts figure of that as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is there a new run of Cardcaptor Sakura or something? Not my thing, but I keep seeing new-looking images around the web and she's in the same outfit in each one. I'm curious.

Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19487

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally done with Knight's & Magic. I don't like how the narrator spoils future events, though. And it seems stuff goes too smoothly for the MC. I like the mecha though :D

Now I like slice and life, but Ancient Magus' Bride was just too slow for me. Do things get more exciting in the later episodes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Anybody watching anime with their toddler? Can you recommend anime on Netflix or Amazon I can watch with my three year daughter that I could enjoy too? I can only handle so much Trolls and Bolt in a day, lol.

Do they have Robotech? That's what I watched when I was three. (That and Voltron.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Do they have Robotech? That's what I watched when I was three. (That and Voltron.)

Yes, they do offer it.  Great show.  

Edited by treiz
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hachi said:

Finally done with Knight's & Magic. I don't like how the narrator spoils future events, though. And it seems stuff goes too smoothly for the MC. I like the mecha though :D

Now I like slice and life, but Ancient Magus' Bride was just too slow for me. Do things get more exciting in the later episodes?

Magus Bride doesn't really speed up as it's more of a nice walk in the park speed throughout the series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I am watching Shakugan no Shana III and it is great, the twist and turns are amazing.

Shakugan no Shana is on my list of Favorite anime series...   the problem with the 3rd season was the disconnect between the end of the 2nd Season and what happens at the start of the 3rd..   It's definately worth reading up on.. they jump around alot in the anime and leave some major plot elements out which makes the 3rd season seem really weak in comparison.   Read the LN's seriously.. and the ending will make sense then!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Shakugan no Shana is on my list of Favorite anime series...   the problem with the 3rd season was the disconnect between the end of the 2nd Season and what happens at the start of the 3rd..   It's definately worth reading up on.. they jump around alot in the anime and leave some major plot elements out which makes the 3rd season seem really weak in comparison.   Read the LN's seriously.. and the ending will make sense then!

 

 

 

I would if I could find it in English to read.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Good picks! Though she lost interest in both :/ Probably because she prefers shows with animals and/or kids. Oh well, lol.

Voltron has Pidge, the space mice, and the robot lions! That's kids and animals!

...

Thundercats? It is SORT OF like anime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Anybody watching anime with their toddler? Can you recommend anime on Netflix or Amazon I can watch with my three year daughter that I could enjoy too? I can only handle so much Trolls and Bolt in a day, lol.

Kemono Friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 7:57 AM, TangledThorns said:

Anybody watching anime with their toddler? Can you recommend anime on Netflix or Amazon I can watch with my three year daughter that I could enjoy too? I can only handle so much Trolls and Bolt in a day, lol.

Oshiri Tantei  (Butt Detective)  

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-31/toei-animation-creates-net-anime-based-on-butt-detective-children-books/.116826

 

I think that is out this season and it's based on children books..  seems legit!  ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2018 at 3:40 AM, Focslain said:

Magus Bride doesn't really speed up as it's more of a nice walk in the park speed throughout the series.

It feels like they all speak so slowly I get sleepy lol

I guess I'll go watch something else then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 11:21 PM, TangledThorns said:

Good picks! Though she lost interest in both :/ Probably because she prefers shows with animals and/or kids. Oh well, lol.

You could try Backyardigans. They're all singing but there's a story to it. Not sure if it's still on Netflix though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...