What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

agreed, those three. Erased in particular.

Ajin hasn't aired yet but the synopsis seems interesting.

oh, and Macross Delta too ;)

Ajin, is that one done by the same guys that did Sidonia? I cannot find it streaming anywhere? Is it on Netflix too?

I finally twisted my own arm and watched One Punch Man. Such a fun show to watch! I laughed a lot and the over-the-top action scenes brought a big smile to my face. I especially loved how the bad guys rarely got a chance to monologue before someone got punched in the face, regardless of who was fighting. It's almost as if they were making fun of DBZ in a way...

Great show. Will recommend.

I'll be looking out for Gate season 2, Luck & Logic, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, and Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo this season.

I was looking at Schwarzes Marken, but I am not sure if I will be missing much from knowing nothing about Muv-Luv. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

All you need to know about Muv-Luv alternative universe is that during the height of the cold war in the 60s the Apollo mission landed on the moon and discovered an aggresive alien species called the BETA. After several failed expeditions by the west and the eastern Soviet bloc to stop them on the moon the BETA invade the earth and overrun a large chunk of it. From here the East and West are forced into an uneasy alliance to save all of humanity.

short version: cold war politics with mecha loosely based on real life fighter aircraft piloted by mostly busty girls fighting bug eyed monster brains shooting lasers, albino H.R.Giger crabs, and human eating eyeless Rodger the aliens. ;)

If you haven't seen the first two seasons of Muv-Luv Alternative:Total Eclipse don't worry as even though they take place in the same universe Schwarz Marken taked place much earlier in the time line and there aren't really any characters that overlap.

Edited by renegadeleader1

short version: cold war politics with mecha loosely based on real life fighter aircraft piloted by mostly busty girls fighting bug eyed monster brains shooting lasers, albino H.R.Giger crabs, and human eating eyeless Rodger the aliens. ;)

I think you forgot the most important detail. Piloted by busty girls in skintight jumpsuits.

And really, that one detail makes all the difference.

Cool! Thanks for the quick synopsis.

Just watched the first episode of Luck & Logic and I'm interested to see what comes next. It has elements of several shows I've seen, but it still has a unique feel to it. I see a heavy influence from stuff like Campione!, Irregular at Magic High School, and Soul Eater. The male MC seems to be a likeable guy with no signs of emotional baggage and demonstrates a high level of competency right out of the gate. I hope that his female counterpart also delivers on as many levels in the episodes to come.

Ajin, is that one done by the same guys that did Sidonia? I cannot find it streaming anywhere? Is it on Netflix too?

sorry, i have no idea.

also not aware if it's the same Sidonia guys.

i rarely look at the production company details. though i probably should.

i noticed that a number of OP/ED this season are in a similar musical style as Pscyho-pass and Tokyo Ghoul.

guess i'll look into that.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys have been really quiet these past couple of weeks.

I'm following 5 shows this season, but my guilty pleasure is Konosuba. I look forward to this show every week, while the others can wait until I have some more free time. Guaranteed laughs each week and I don't get amused terribly often. :) I haven't laughed this much since I watched Amagi Brilliant Park.

Trying to make sense of Evangelion 3.33. I keep having to stop and take anti-motion sickness 'meds, due to the crazy animation sequences but I'm glad 3.33 is finally in my hands...

Trying to make sense of Evangelion 3.33. I keep having to stop and take anti-motion sickness 'meds, due to the crazy animation sequences but I'm glad 3.33 is finally in my hands...

It's a stunning film, makes me excited and terrified for the experience that will be 3.0+1.

so eva rebuild popping up made me curious about the 3+0 +1 (or 4.0) release date. At this point, it is VERY optimistic to even see it on 2016. Realistically, we are looking at 2017 release date. And here I thought having to wait until 2015 was very long back then :p

2017 release date for the last Evangion film? You're an optimist I see :D

Top 2 shows this season are definitely Erased and Shouwa. Gundam IBO is the best ongoing from the previous seasonMy guilty pleasures have been the shorts Please Tell Me Gyaruko.chan (bless you Japan) and Ojisan and Marshmallow. Short and funny both of them.

Been binge-watching Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Now I see why everyone's been longing for a BD remaster. DVD quality's not too bad, but the series deserves the Blu-ray treatment.

Also discovered Mezzo DSA. The animation quality holds up pretty well for an anime from the early 2000's. Love the over-the-top action scenes.

At the same time, trying to catch up on Durarara, starting from the 1st season. I'm only 3 episodes in, but it's surprising how little screen time Celty's got. Even more surprised that she doesn't seem to be the star of the show.

Celty is the central (relatively) figure in the current season. isn't she just adorable?

She looks certifiably huggable in that nekomimi crash helmet (can't wait for the figma figure)! In that case, I'm gonna burn through the next 2 seasons to see more Celty. Which isn't to say that the other characters aren't interesting, but Celty just steals the show.

BTW, I just finished the first season of Assassination Classroom. Didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

I needed something old school to balance out all the new stuff I'm watching so I picked up Argentosoma. The first episode gave me the impression of the series being sort of a lovechild of Evangelion/Infinite Ryvius. MC is one seriously angsty dude.

After an extended hiatus from watching anime, I've decided to pick Space Dandy. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and while i'm only 6 episodes in, I can honestly say that the Dandy did not disappoint, baby.

If you're looking for an escape from reality, Space Dandy is definitely it! Take it with a grain of salt, maybe some shrooms

If you're looking for an escape from reality, Space Dandy is definitely it! Take it with a grain of salt, maybe some shrooms

What are you talking about? Space Dandy is hard Sci-Fi with serious theoretical physics.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash has gotten pretty powerful. It's generally a very slow-moving show, but sh*t just got real.

If you haven't seen it yet, it's got a very slice-of-life feel, despite being a fantasy RPG-style show. There's a lot of exposition and character building throughout most of the episodes, but what really makes it stand out is the art and music. A-1 pictures continues to impress me with the level of production they put into so many of their shows. The art style is fairly unique and the music always invokes the right atmosphere and mood for much of the series.

It's not much for action-seekers, but it still is worth watching if you feel like relaxing to a slower-paced show. If you're appreciate character development, this show will not disappoint. There's lots of eye- and ear-candy for fans of those art styles.