What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

The most recent non-Macross/non-80's mecha show that I watched was "Attack on Titan".

It had a little bit of the "why can't Shinji Ikari stop freaking out and attack" feel at the beginning, but then things get going at a nice clip.

It really is a trip. I can't help but think that this is the anime/mecha genre answer to the zombie phenomenon over here in the US.

Anyways I liked it, want more, want to see where the story goes.

Has anyone started watching Netflix's Seven Deadly Sins?

Just noticed it last night. Gonna give it a try.

My gf started watching it on a whim and the first episode was pretty good. It has a lot of similarity to Akame ga Kill, minus the ultra-dark and semi-gory parts. At least, that's from the first episode. I think we'll go ahead and continue watching this series with anticipation.

wanted to buy it, but apparently, winners go to the permanent collection. i've passed along my interest to the artist. hope to commission a smaller one - in gashapon scale ;)

liking Sakurako-san thus far. it's a nice, light whodunit show along the same vein as the excellent Hyouka and Gosick. we'll see if it reaches those heights.

One Punch Man continues to crack me up, though the last two eps were weaker by comparison.

Heavy Object continues to be fun. while it does seem that they've adopted a monster-of-the-week format (or more accurately, monster-every-3-or-4-eps) they're throwing in enough twists to keep things interesting, and the banter is enjoyable.

Utawarerumono is a slice-of-life show in a fantasy setting. not much happening, but a relaxing way to pass the time.

K: Return of Kings might finally get interesting after the latest ep. it's been all flash but little substance so far. Seri Awashima is probably why i even bother. hope they make a PVC of her.

of the "twin" shows Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, the latter is proving more interesting as there is more of a rock-paper-scissors "logic" in the fights as compared to the i'll-powerup-and-overwhelm-everything which the former sometimes reverts to.

i thought Taimadou Gakuen 35 would be a gritty squad story (or at least head in that direction) given some of the gore elements in the first episodes. now it seems like it will be about resolving the past/issues/mystery of each of the female harem one arc after another. such a waste.

only recently started to watch Iron-blooded Orphans. i'm not a Gundam fan, but this show is ticking all the right boxes for me.

i like the premise and setting of Owari no Seraph but the pacing is approaching Bleach levels. hopefully it doesn't get to a Naruto crawl. i'll keep watching because i think the fights can be awesome, and the hint of conspiracy is there.

Noragami just keeps dishing it out. the first half wrapped up very satisfyingly and was well paced throughout. it doesn't let up with the start of the next half and immediately builds on the mythology with hints of more to come. still a hair ahead of Owarimonogatari as my fave this season, but the reappearance of Shinobu in this next arc will handily change that.

I absolutely loved Robot Carnival!

It's so good. The opening story and the one by Yasuomi Umetsu (Presence I think it's called) are absolutely awesome. Beautiful hand drawn animation and art. When anime in the 80's had a high budget it really shows.

I also just watched Pet Shop of Horrors. A bit of a hit and miss that one. Not much horror at all to be honest.

On the rebroadcast of STEINS;GATE, the contents of the episode 23 has changed and the story succeeds to the different one.

I will watch the whole stories in this New Year's holiday and get ready for "Steins;Gate 0."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-02/steins-gate-anime-rebroadcast-takes-different-route/.96014

On the rebroadcast of STEINS;GATE, the contents of the episode 23 has changed and the story succeeds to the different one.

I will watch the whole stories in this New Year's holiday and get ready for "Steins;Gate 0."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-02/steins-gate-anime-rebroadcast-takes-different-route/.96014

And being Stein's Gate there is everything right with that happening!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i mentioned it on the dedicated thread: jojo's story arch part 4 is coming out april 2016, announced @ jumpfest this past weekend

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...