What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Finished season one of Ikki Tousen, and moving on to IT Dragon Destiny. Why are all female incarnations of Wu and Shu leaders so...toroi? That said, at least Ryubi is more grounded and believable than Hakufu.

Also finished Blood C. Much ado about nothing--that's all I can say about those twelve episodes. It's more of an elaborate and long teaser for the movie than anything else. Still, it was good in that nearly everything was resolved neatly. Can't wait for the movie.

Watched GitS 2 - Innocence for the nth time. Still found it weird watching Batou spouting philosophy and all. Strangely, the vintage cars actually fit in with the setting of the movie. Not bad, but not quite as good as the first movie.

Just started watching Zone of the Enders the anime series. Is it really as "comdedy-ish" as the first leads me to believe? I love Z.O.E. games and enjoyed I Dolo but this seems a lot less serious.

It is pretty comedey-ish for the most part, but it does get more serious towards the end and ties in surprisingly well with I-Dolo.

Finished "Heroic Age". Can warmly recommend it to anyone who likes their space opera with a dash of mecha and romance. Oh, and awesome soundtrack.

I found it to be surprisely good as well. Age really delivered when it counts. It is like Gunbuster mixed in with Banner of the Stars.

Just finished watching the first episode of "Total Eclipse". It looks like it's going to be a pretty good mecha vs aliens show, at least to me. We haven't gotten a really good look at the aliens yet, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be seeing them in the second episode.

I just started watching High School of the Dead. The "fan service" is funny. It kind of reminds me of the service in anime shows like Gunbuster and Dangaio but far more obvious.

Just started watching Zone of the Enders the anime series. Is it really as "comdedy-ish" as the first leads me to believe? I love Z.O.E. games and enjoyed I Dolo but this seems a lot less serious.

The comedy doesn't really ever stop. I cant even remember what parts are worth watching.

Watched batman year:one (has Bryan Cranston in it), zetman and Hellsing ultimae vol. 9

I started Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne . I was expecting a generic circa 2012 fan service show with some mech a elements but thus far I'm surprised as to how well the show balances mech, comedy, and other contemporary tropes.

... and Madoka Kyouno is just such a good upbeat and upstanding girl !

If Total Eclipse continues to be like the second episode, the show just may be up there with my favorites.

While the first episode was a bit light on the mecha action, the second more than makes up for it.

We finally get a good look at the aliens in this series. They're kind of reminiscent of the bugs in the Starship Troopers film or the aliens in Blue Gender with there being a few different classes of aliens.

Even though the one promotional picture shows two female characters, there is also a male protagonist that has yet to be introduced, but going from the second episode, we'll likely see him in the third.

I also really like the mecha designs for the show. They actually look like they'd belong in an Armored Core or Front Mission game.

If Total Eclipse continues to be like the second episode, the show just may be up there with my favorites.

While the first episode was a bit light on the mecha action, the second more than makes up for it.

We finally get a good look at the aliens in this series. They're kind of reminiscent of the bugs in the Starship Troopers film or the aliens in Blue Gender with there being a few different classes of aliens.

Even though the one promotional picture shows two female characters, there is also a male protagonist that has yet to be introduced, but going from the second episode, we'll likely see him in the third.

I also really like the mecha designs for the show. They actually look like they'd belong in an Armored Core or Front Mission game.

Checked out the first 2 episodes yesterday. The first one felt a lot like a homage to Gunbuster with the classic teenage girls coming of age through combat storyline, but the second episode, OMG, that was totally unexpected

You kind of expect the classic formula of the 'kids saving the day showing the adults how it's done' and instead they are almost wiped out entirely. And the euthanasia scene was pretty gruesome stuff. Definitely not for kids.

Think this show might be a keeper this season.

Watching "Trigun" right now. A really nifty and light hearted series, and I especially like cowboy-esque series like this one. Part of the reason why I was drawn to it and Gun X Sword as well. Really liking the english dubbing for Trigun as well, it's nice to watch a series without having to constantly read subtitles in a while.

Might check out "Cowboy Bebop" after this since people say that it's just as fun and with the same cowboy themes. Anyone got insight into this?

Cowboy Bebop is a MUST SEE for anyone remotely interested in anime. The term "masterpiece" has been used to refer to this series by many critics and fans alike. The dubbing was top-notch, the music is 100% Yoko Kanno, and it was directed by Macross Plus co-director Shinichiro Watnabe. What more do you need to know before you're convinced you must watch?!? It's been noted that fans of Cowboy Bebop also enjoyed Trigun and vice-versa. Sounds like you've got more than your share of incentive to check it out! :D

While it's confimed to have the dub, I'm not touching it unless it's also got subtitles. Awesome prospect though.

Awesome news! If it's got subtitles I might really be tempted despite the outrageous price tag.

Watching "Trigun" right now. A really nifty and light hearted series, and I especially like cowboy-esque series like this one. Part of the reason why I was drawn to it and Gun X Sword as well. Really liking the english dubbing for Trigun as well, it's nice to watch a series without having to constantly read subtitles in a while.

Might check out "Cowboy Bebop" after this since people say that it's just as fun and with the same cowboy themes. Anyone got insight into this?

I don't know how far along you are with trigun, but I can assure you that it gets better and better as you go along. Some real surprises along the way.

And Bebop lives up to the hype as well.

I finished the 1st season of Rinne no Lagrange... I'm so glad I didn't pass on this show after all. It really blends everything well. Not too serious, not too lighthearted. It reminds me of a lite-version of RahXephon for some reason. Don't like the transforming mechs too much.... but the Nendo/Egg-plane version of Vox Aura is absolutely adorable!

10191946a.jpg

Muv Luv Total Eclipse has now in episode 3 reached its core narrative, and has a bit of a Macross Plus, Stardust Memory feel to it, (development of a new mecha, fighter jocks going at each other). I'm really pleasantly surprised about this series.

Well I installed the Manga app onto my 360 recently, and was suprised to see StarBlazers on it. When I saw the secondary titles for them I thought that they were movies. Imagine how pleased I was when I clicked on Iscander and found that it was the complete seres. Then I clicked on the other two folders and found that Manga has finally released Space Battleship Yamato season 3 here in the States under the title "The Bolar Wars".

From what I've seen of Iscander, it's the original American Dub that I know and love, though I would've loved to see a dubbing of the original Japanese script translation. Maybe I was about seven at the time, but I never noticed that IQ-9 was such an arrogant S.O.B. when I originally saw the series. And the enemy knowing exacly the name of the force they're fighting with alomst no inlel, well I chalk that up to the American writers trying to cater to a young audience.

I'm also happy to announce that Manga is also airing both Yamato movies directly translated (I have to check to see if they're subbed or dubbed, though).

Other Manga items of note: They have the remake of the original Ghost in the Shell OVA (it's probable a director's cut), both Stand Alone Complex movies (I'm guessing The Laughing Man is a summary of the first series) and the entire Stand Stand Alone Complex series. They haven't released 2nd. Gig as of yet, though.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Other Manga items of note: They have the remake of the original Ghost in the Shell OVA (it's probable a director's cut), both Stand Alone Complex movies (I'm guessing The Laughing Man is a summary of the first series) and the entire Stand Stand Alone Complex series. They haven't released 2nd. Gig as of yet, though.

Remake? As in a new anime based on the original plot?

-Yamato 3/Star Blazers Bolar wars has been on TV, VHS, DVD, and Streaming in the U.S. liooong before being on Xbox Live, so I'm not sure what the "finally" was about.

-GitS was a movie, not an OVA.

-Laughing man was a movie cut down of Stand Alone Complex

-Individual Eleven was a movie clip down of Second Gig.

-Solid State Society was an original movie follow up.

This has been your friendly neighborhood wanzer-correction.

Watch the series. Yes the laughing man ova is just a recap movie. but with out the side story episodes you 'll be missing out on a lot.