What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Never saw G Gundam... was the windmill blade at least able to chew armour? :lol:

post-692-0-31894500-1336149780.jpg

The Canadian Lumber Gundam rocked the dual axes. Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia!

post-692-0-91506700-1336149786.jpg

You've a right to be proud. K-On! rocks!

In other news, Disney has announced a release date of May 22nd for Secret World of Arrietty, Castle in the Sky, and Whisper of the Heart on Blu-Ray.

Edited by Penguin

You've a right to be proud. K-On! rocks!

In other news, Disney has announced a release date of May 22nd for Secret World of Arrietty, Castle in the Sky, and Whisper of the Heart on Blu-Ray.

22nd? Thought it was the 25th, either way, Laupta & Whisper of the Heart are coming out with it

Anybody watching
Jormungand
? For some reason, it reminds me of something between a cross of Lord of War and Black Lagoon.

Also watching Zetman and Nyarko-san.

By the waym anybody watching AKB0048? Pop Idols + Mecha + Soji Kawamori = ?????

I'm a little late, but I just started watching "Eden of the East". Such a refined and smooth story, with awesome animation, that I had to hold myself back from finishing the whole 11 episode span in a single night. Although a short series with only 11 episodes and 2 follow-up movies, really really captivating.

I'm a little late, but I just started watching "Eden of the East". Such a refined and smooth story, with awesome animation, that I had to hold myself back from finishing the whole 11 episode span in a single night. Although a short series with only 11 episodes and 2 follow-up movies, really really captivating.

May want to check out The Irresponsible Captain Tylor when you're done.

Finished watching Tears to Tiara, Glass Maiden(crystal blaze), and Geo Armor Kishin Corps. I can recommend all three with a high recommendation to Kishin Corps. Very Raiders of the Lost Ark with mecha feel.

Started watching Night Raid, but I am a little uneasy and apprehensive considering what I know about the time frame in real life. I really hope this doesn't glorify the Kwantung army, and what they did to the Chinese. Apart from that it kinda reminds me of a Japanese X-men.

Just watched the movie Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku (The Recollections of a Certain Pilot). The story was pretty simplistic and the characterization could have used some work, but not a bad film. The visuals were outstanding and I loved the airplanes. Given the nature of this board, I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about much, if at all.

Started with Guilty Crown. Lovely animation, but the story feels it's borrowed bits and pieces from other Anime formulas.

Also into Fate Zero. And Loving it. :wub: Rider and Archer are such intriguingly refreshing characters.

Edited by Omegablue

Haha.......I read that as 'Tuna Gundam".........LOL! :p

Graham

Ha ha. Yeah I keep writing Turna as one word when in fact it's Turn A. Just finished it actually and I enjoyed the series immensely after getting used to the decidedly Un-Gundamlike setting and designs. I actually really got into some of the characters and was holding my breath at the last 2 chapters

thinking OMG who is Tomino gonna kill but was pleasantly surprised when the casualty ratio was kept to a minimum

. I though the series did a good job at conveying the 'war is hell' message from Gundam but with less angst than other series. Can really recommend it.

Watched Macross Frontier for the first time over the last week or so (I know I'm behind the times). Overall I enjoyed the show, but I sort of felt like the music thing was way more in your face than the other Macross things I've viewed, but I haven't seen 7. But the characters were likeable, the story was decently unique while still being familiar and I loved all the references to the previous series. I especially enjoyed all the ties to Macross Zero, which I think has ultimately become my favorite of the bunch.

So having finished that up, I started Linebarrels of Iron since I'm in mecha mode. Not really sure what to make of this one, I dig the mecha design, the combat, most of the characters and the story is getting stronger as we move along. All that said, the main character sucks imo. I'm....6 or 7 episodes in now and he's only gotten marginally more tolerable, so I'm hoping he changes pretty drastically as we move on.

Whether I finish Linebarrels or not, I am on the hunt for more decent mecha anime. I've seen some of the big ones like the pre-seed Gundam series, Gurren Lagann and a few others, but I know there are people here way more dialed into anime than I. So I'd appreciate suggestions if anyone has any.

Watched Adeu Galaxy Express and it really doesn't follow the same lines as Galaxy Express,, I didn't care for it at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Adieu was full of win.

Watching XXX Holic for the second time (first time on Animax Latin America, before it turned into a 'for chicks and gay people only' channel :p called Sony Spin) I liked it so much I'm watching Holic Kei next.

BTW It's maybe because I'm latin but I think the latin dub is the best of all for anime.

I have no idea what you're talking about, Adieu was full of win.

I liked the first way better and I guess my expectation was high. The second was over the top shoot em up, trains talking to each other about whos the boss, psychedelic light shows, etc....

Just watched ep1 of AKB0048 and egads the first 10mins is hilarious. Not to mention the fact that the planet they are on is called 'Rankastar' lol!

Ranka is just like Kawamori-san's daughter. And in Aquelion EVOL, Sazanka said "Kira!" lol VA is Nakajima-san.

Nadia is now re-broadcast. I watched it about 20 years ago, but still it is fun. The battles between the submarines are so great.

Kikuko Inoue's voice sounds so younger in Nadia. She played Grace in MF.

Anno made it from the idea of Laputa and, of course 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. He succeeded.

Yamakan made Fractal from the idea of Nadia, but he failed.

I also like to watch Sakamichi no Apollon.

Edited by antibiotictab

I recently marathoned all of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. What a dark and fairly disturbing, but pretty damn good take on the whole magical girl concept the show turned out to be. The show starts out in typical magical girl fashion, but totally takes a turn into the darkness at the end of the third episode.

Just watched ep1 of AKB0048 and egads the first 10mins is hilarious. Not to mention the fact that the planet they are on is called 'Rankastar' lol!

Noticed that. Also if you change Nagisa's hair color to green, you get Ranka. BTW, her VA sounds like a ringer for Nakajima.

I finally watched the Ideon films. A Contact is just a recap of most of the series and Be Invoked which starts off at the end of the series.

Be Invoked was truly grand and epic in scale.

Big on ideas like karma, rebirth and definitely influenced by Childhoods End. Since I knew of it's reputation as one the most clear examples of Tomino's 'kill em all' phase I was not surprised at the death toll, but seeing a little girl being decapitated and a pregnant woman being shot in the face was still very unexpected. Having said, it has one the most uplifting endings I've ever seen, which I find hard to explain but there it is.

Edited by Marzan