What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Black Lagoon is exactly the kind of action packed series I wanted to watch. And when the assortment of bad guys includes nazis and drug dealing nuns I really cannot complain. And have I mentioned that I really like Revy's choice of wardrobe?

I believe there are 5 to 6 Black Lagoon OVAs. They are about 3 minutes each, but are very hilarious and twisted.

You have not seen anything my friend untill you have watched the AIKa series(agent aika in the US) or its spinoff Najica blitz tactics. 300% more panty shots, 100% better plots, and 90% less lolicon. Another plus is studio fantasia the creator of both series has a love for classic cold war aircraft and WWII military vehicles. The main badguys ship in AIKa is a salvaged and modfied Bismarck battleship!

Thanks for the recommendation - I have Najica on my shelf and will crack it open.

I know its old, but I just saw 'Sword of the Stranger' for the first time yesterday. Highly recommended!

Yeah, this was a great movie. Awesome visuals and terrific fight scenes. I really liked the ending too.

Just watched Redline & First Squad. Redline totalyly delivered on everything it promised. First Squad on the other hand didn't have the WWII combat its trailer promised. Protip: Select "short version" if you want to watch it in Japanese. Selecting "Long Version" only gives you the Russian & English option, and has bad live action fake "expert" bits that add absolutely nothing.

Finished Sacred Blacksmith, and all I can say is I need more. This current trend of series that just stop instead of actually having an end is annoying. Still, I enjoyed it a lot. The whole demonsword concept is refreshing. Sure there have been living swords before but, none that I can recall transforming to human and back at will.

Also finished Mazinkaiser SKL and I didn't like it as much as the first Mazinkaiser. Kinda like how I prefer 80s hair rock to 90's deathmetal which the two series seem to represent.

Also finished Mazinkaiser SKL and I didn't like it as much as the first Mazinkaiser. Kinda like how I prefer 80s hair rock to 90's deathmetal which the two series seem to represent.

That's a pretty good analysis of SKL, though to be fair, this is the first non-main cast related Mazinger we've had since Great, which still had ties iwth the main storyline. It was still fun though.

Started watching Naruto for the first time. I can see why it's such a huge success. The whole ninja universe is very well designed and intricate, with fights between ninjas relying heavily on deception and subterfuge. Animation holds up well even after all these years, and the characters are very likeable.

I started and finished watching Tiger and Bunny actually very good.I wasn't expecting much most animes are good don't get me wrong but whenever they tackle this subject it is always very campy like go nagai. With this i had just the right amount of fun and action to keep the characters interesting to people who have seen super heroes. I don't want to give away too much but it leaves enough open and creates enough to keep you interested. I feel for Japan and even the us this kind of show reinvents some aspects of the genere . ifeel other movies have explored the concepts but this series hit upon other aspects that super heroes could be like in real life and even some of the limitations that can be imposed. It is a good watch and very fun if you just want to be entertained.

4.jpg

the series can be modern or.....

523800.jpg

Very Retro.

tigerbunny_ep07_newslong.jpg

thumb_big_wide_f78ac699be38fe0433bc33ef99ba1f81.jpg

tiger-and-bunny-cast-wallpaper.jpg

Finished watching Black Lagoon (Roberta's Blood Trail and the omakes included) and had a rip-roaring good time with it. Roberta has made sure that I never again criticize 'maidos' in anime. Ever!

Thanks to all who recommended Black Lagoon. I hope the mangaka writes some more of this fine series so we get another season.

I started watching Fate/Stay Night and I have to say that I'm not too impressed so far.

I'm watching Tiger & Bunny, which is pretty good, Aquarion Evol, which is cheesy and stooopid, and Rinne no Lagrange which is surprisingly really enjoyable so far. Also, Maison Ikkoku is on reruns and that's excellent. :)

Edit -- Oh, and Guilty Crown, too, which is so f#$%ing incomprehensible that I totally forgot about it. :p

Edited by Renato

Just watched Castle In The Sky (Laputa) and to be honest I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as some of the other ghibli films likeCastle of Cagliostro, Porco Rosso, or Spirited Away.

Depends which version you watched (2003 vs. 2010 US release) and if it was dub or sub. I've heard the English dub (from either release) changes some key phrases from the original Japanese dub and the voice actors (Anna Paquinn & James Van Der Beek) sound older. The 2010 version has 'dub-titles' which follow the English dub instead of the Japanese dub. The background music gets amped up too.

Laputa is one of my favorites because it's pure adventure and has some cool designs. It can be a little goofy (especially the pirates), but has a good story and is a less dark than Nausicaa. Nothing can touch Spirited Away.

Just got done watching Spice and Wolf, which is actually pretty good. Some of the plot is a little complicated for smaller children, the it's an interesting story. I recommend it. Also watching Tactics, which is about 8 years old, but it's OK so far. As I have the day off, I'm going to try to watch Dragonar as well. I haven't seen much of it, just bits and pieces, but I wanna give it a shot. I like the mecha in it.

Mason Ikkoku by Rumiko Takahashi I looked at the series she has now some of the better things I've been giving a chance but this one stood out. I feel most of the anime these days that comes out of Japan is becoming too hormone based and the need for a good romance is becoming hard to come by there is no sense of drama some times so I sometimes look at older series for the more human approach to things. I am a bonified computer junkie I do almost everything on my laptop a computer or write on something and there aret times I forget there are other people at the other end of these messages so this one is for the people out there. It is a bit crazy but it reminds me of carefree times going to school and see insane roomates where I live if you want a good laugh this is it.

MIMCDIB.JPG%5Banimepaper.net%5Dpicture-box-anime-maison-ikkoku-happy-face-128118-pmlpikachu-medium-1fc0d163.jpg4935108631_af492ddf12.jpgMaison-Ikkoku-Episode-89.jpg

I highly recommend this as a good watch for any anime fan.

Edited by leading edge

Just watched Castle In The Sky (Laputa) and to be honest I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as some of the other ghibli films likeCastle of Cagliostro, Porco Rosso, or Spirited Away.

Everyone's tastes are different. I'm a lifelong Studio Ghibli fan, since the release of Nausicaa, and on reflection I think Laputa happens to be my favourite Miyazaki movie.

I saw Arrietty recently, and am sad to say that it would have to be my least favourite, since I enjoyed Ponyo so much. From an art direction perspective, Ponyo was simply wonderful, even if the story was more directed at children. I really hope Miyazaki returns to some more adult fare before he really retires.

Edited by PetarB

Dude I was at Comic con when Miyazaki was there it was totally unexpected he came on his own with his translator to unveil Ponyo he gave out tickets to see the Movie so good in theaters dude. Miyazaki was there to send it off for the first time in San Diego. Honestly Ponyo is so hopeful I really hope he does a lot more he is getting pretty old. Also dude give the Castle of Cagliostro a chance great fun to watch even today.

Mason Ikkoku by Rumiko Takahashi I looked at the series she has now some of the better things I've been giving a chance but this one stood out. I feel most of the anime these days that comes out of Japan is becoming too hormone based and the need for a good romance is becoming hard to come by there is no sense of drama some times so I sometimes look at older series for the more human approach to things. I am a bonified computer junkie I do almost everything on my laptop a computer or write on something and there aret times I forget there are other people at the other end of these messages so this one is for the people out there. It is a bit crazy but it reminds me of carefree times going to school and see insane roomates where I live if you want a good laugh this is it.

I highly recommend this as a good watch for any anime fan.

Yeah I watched it about a year and a half ago and it really blows most of the current 'romance' stuff out of the water. There's a lot of filler episodes in MI, but the last 20 episodes or so are some of the some of the most heart warming stuff I've ever watched.

When Kyoko finally accepts Godai's proposal while her dad is passed out drunk on Godai's back is just an unforgettable moment.

Myself I'm about to finish Fate Stay which could have been so much better with better dialogue and direction. But finish it I must since I really wanna watch Fate Zero which looks far more impressive.

Edited by Marzan

I 'll take you up on fate stay zero sounds interesting. Also yeah Rumiko Takahashi seems to add those episodes to get people to watch seems to be a waste sometimes and other times it seems to smooth out other episodes. I' can't say I like everything she writes but at least she isn't clamp( sorry but I feel some of their works manufacture emotions instead of bringing them out).

I 'll take you up on fate stay zero sounds interesting.

I've only seen the first episode (which is a double episode) and that one was really good. I don't know if the rest of the 12 episodes are as good, but so far the reviews I've read are pretty convincing.