What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Didn't think I would be watching much anime this time around but I guess I was wrong.

What I have been watching,

Fate/Zero

Guilty Crown

Ika Musume 2

Last Exile, the Silver Wings of Fam

Shakugan no Shana Final

Fate/Zero gives me just about everything that I wanted to see in Fate/Stay Night. Simple as that.

Guilty Crown is not all too impressive to me other than high production value from Production IG and well-incorporated cliches--Hey, hey, I've seen this somewhere! Not to mention, the character designs are by Redjuice who did a bit of Vocaloid artwork (Well-known for his "World is Mine" Miku). Music is also done by Supercell.

While I like what I see in Last Exile Fam, I have never watched the original Last Exile--I think I should remedy that soon. So, what references and allusions, if any, did I overlook in Fam?

Shana: loltwist.

Edited by shiroikaze

Definately check out the original Last Exile, though Fam seems to either take place before it. Theorizing aside from that would only go into spoiler territory, suffice it to say there aren't any hard links between the shows aside from style and the type of setting so far.

As for me, I'm just about done watching Rayearth, then I'll probably go into Oreimo and Clannad.

While I wait for customs to release my Sayonara no Tsubasa, I'm watching Steins Gate. The mad scientist characters cracks me up every time he opens his mouth. There should be more protagonists like him in anime and manga in general.

Definately check out the original Last Exile, though Fam seems to either take place before it. Theorizing aside from that would only go into spoiler territory, suffice it to say there aren't any hard links between the shows aside from style and the type of setting so far.

As for me, I'm just about done watching Rayearth, then I'll probably go into Oreimo and Clannad.

Fam takes place about two years after the end of the original series.

Exile either never left Earth or came back and its inhabitants are now living with the Earth natives (which apparently some of the Earth people aren't happy about).

Fam takes place about two years after the end of the original series.

Exile either never left Earth or came back and its inhabitants are now living with the Earth natives (which apparently some of the Earth people aren't happy about).

When did they confirm that?

I've already mentioned this a few pages back and it got buried, but figured it's worth another bump: Has anyone watched "Toradora!"?

Yeah, its your pretty standard high school comedy/romance were the two main characters decide to help each other out in order to hook up with the people they like. If you've watched a couple of these shows, you'll pretty much know how it will end from just seeing the first episode. It didn't really do much for me but I suppose I wasn't the target demographic.

The one show I did finish was Steins Gate and at least for me it totally lived up to the hype. It deals with time travel but does it better than other anime and refreshingly enough most of the principal characters are actually adults (well 18 at least but you get my point). There's a good mix of comedy and drama and couple of cliffhangers that just leave you tense all day. And the main character Okabe Rintarou is one of the best male characters in years.

I've already mentioned this a few pages back and it got buried, but figured it's worth another bump: Has anyone watched "Toradora!"?

I enjoyed it. The characters had depth and it was well plotted. If you're into more romance-oriented stuff, then it's well worth checking out.

Upto episode 84 of my Legend of the Galactic Heroes watch. The past few episodes were very painful to watch. Feels like i've lost a family member.

I know exactly what you mean man. Even after rewatching LOGH a couple of times, those episodes hurt every time.

I know exactly what you mean man. Even after rewatching LOGH a couple of times, those episodes hurt every time.

I'm interested to see now what the show will do in it's final stages. After that, i have the prequel material to watch. Will do so straight after i've finished.

Edited by shiroth

I'm interested to see now what the show will do in it's final stages. After that, i have the prequel material to watch. Will do so straight after i've finished.

Enjoy the last stretch of LOGH, they do manage to finish it off in style.

The prequels are a bit disappointing after the main series but a couple of them are still better than a lot of anime out there.

Just started watching Guilty Crown and it looks pretty cool. The openning song is AWESOME and I love the character designs!!!

I saw the trailer for this recently and it looked so good I thought it was a movie at first. So I watched the first episode today -- Not sure about the story yet but the visuals are great

Well, just finished Turn A Gundam.

Pretty damn good show, no question, my second Gundam favourite i would say.

But i'm really not a big fan of the 49/50 episodes format.

2 seasons of 24/25 or 26 episodes would have been a way better choice in my humble opinion cause writing tends to be a little more consistent and you often have less "useless" (if i dare say) episodes with this format.

Anyway, great anime.

(the epilogue kinda sucks though)

Edited by Castel

I saw the trailer for this recently and it looked so good I thought it was a movie at first. So I watched the first episode today -- Not sure about the story yet but the visuals are great

Got to see the first chapter of Guity Crown today with some friends and it reminded me a lot of the first episode of Code Geass. I'll be looking at the reviews to see if the story holds up and makes it a must see.

Fate Zero had a pretty impressive first episode too, but I haven't seen Fate Stay so i guess I'll have to wait on that one.

Well, just finished Turn A Gundam.

Pretty damn good show, no question, my second Gundam favourite i would say.

But i'm really not a big fan of the 49/50 episodes format.

2 seasons of 24/25 or 26 episodes would have been a way better choice in my humble opinion cause writing tends to be a little more consistent and you often have less "useless" (if i dare say) episodes with this format.

Anyway, great anime.

(the epilogue kinda sucks though)

Have had Turn a Gundam in my to watch list for about a year now, but the 50 episodes has kept me from starting it. Have the attention span of a baby right so anything over 40 episodes will have to wait.

Who else is watching Fate Zero? This series has some serious S-level battle sequences...

I'm five episodes in, and so far I feel it's much better than what the first couple episodes let on. It has its share of conventions you expect to see, but all that seems to get eclipsed by the main character himself and his interactions. To me, he feels really fleshed out.

Finally got to watch some Hetalia Axis Powers. At first I was quite amused but after a while it gets a bit repetitive. I have to give it to the producers though, they were not afraid to pull any punches when it comes to be politically 'incorrect'.

tried watching last exile fam. didn't quite like the first episode.

Watch at least the next couple more. It's like they had to get the fanservice out of their system in the first one, so if that's what turned you off, you needn't worry. In terms of story and visuals, I think it's doing quite well. Plus, if you're a fan of the original, then seeing the returning characters is pretty awesome.

Finally got to watch some Hetalia Axis Powers. At first I was quite amused but after a while it gets a bit repetitive. I have to give it to the producers though, they were not afraid to pull any punches when it comes to be politically 'incorrect'.

I think Hetalia was wasted potential. There's so much good political satire you could do with concept, but instead we get fangirl pandering slapstick.

You should check out Legend of Koizumi if you want something that isn't politically correct and is completely awesome.

Edited by JELEINEN

I've been watching Fam, but it seems like some of the backstory's lost to me. Not much is being explained so far; hell, I don't even know what an Exile is.

Do I necessarily have to watch Last Exile in order to understand Fam?

I wouldn't think it'd be required, but hard for me to say since I have seen it. I definitely recommend watching it, if you get the chance though.

The Exiles are giant colony ships that a large part of humanity used to leave Earth because of environmental degradation.

You should check out Legend of Koizumi if you want something that isn't politically correct and is completely awesome.

read the description on Wikipedia and have to say it sounds completely badass. Mahjong as battle and political tool. He he.

I wouldn't think it'd be required, but hard for me to say since I have seen it. I definitely recommend watching it, if you get the chance though.

The Exiles are giant colony ships that a large part of humanity used to leave Earth because of environmental degradation.

Thanks for the heads-up.

BTW, You wouldn't happen to know where I could watch Last Exile online, would you? It's a pretty old anime, and hard to track down.