What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These just out. While not as good as the original OVA adaptaion of the novels, it wasn't too shabby. Will take a while to get used to the voices and character designs.

38 minutes ago, Marzan said:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These just out. While not as good as the original OVA adaptaion of the novels, it wasn't too shabby. Will take a while to get used to the voices and character designs.

Good to hear, now just have to wait to get home and watch it myself. Just found the ep on crunchyroll.

Not watching it yet but I will be watching Stein's Gate 0, the first one was in my top ten of anime, which is quite a trick considering it is a massive talk fest.  Looking forward to seeing where the time/parallel change pops in on this version - Stein's Gate is one of those films where remakes would be a good idea. 

I felt like some 80's anime schlock the other day so I rewatched MD Geist and Death Force. I forgot how good some of the music in part 1 was and the ending of part 2 still makes me laugh. It's super silly but if someone ever releases it on bluray I'd probably buy it.

On 08-04-2018 at 11:12 PM, Dynaman said:

Not watching it yet but I will be watching Stein's Gate 0, the first one was in my top ten of anime, which is quite a trick considering it is a massive talk fest.  Looking forward to seeing where the time/parallel change pops in on this version - Stein's Gate is one of those films where remakes would be a good idea. 

Is it out already? 

I cannot remember a season like this one. There is literally something for every taste and a lot of it is very good.

Space opera- LOGH Die Neue These

Mecha (and a continuation of an oldie but goodie) Full Metal Panic 3

Dystopian sci fi- Steins Gate 0

Big shounen action or game visual novel adaptations- My Hero Academia 3, SAO Gun Gale Online, Persona 5

Ecchi- Shokugeki no Soma, HighSchool DxD Hero and Cutie Honey Universe .

Sports/sci fi anime with old school look and feel- Megalobox

Samurai Western set in the snow of Hokkaido- Golden Kamuy (shame about the modest production values because the manga is awesome).

I almost dont have the time to watch all this. Will have to prioritize.

So just an update on the my/friends' watchlist for this season:

Group:
Rage of Bahmut: Virgin Soul
Gun Gale Online
Death March of a Parallel World
My Hero Academia 3
Darling in Franxx

Also started a watch of Violet Evergarden with my room mate as a test of how well our feels can hold. She's already starting to crack two eps in, but I have prior rl experience in this kind of thing.

Personal:
LoGH: Die Neu These
Heavy Object (rewatch)
Panty and Stocking (rewatch)

Megalobox is great even though it’s a bit of the same old Rocky with anime flair. I really dig the look and feel of this one.

Violet evergarden was one of those same old stories where the writers think the audience is mentally deficient. The animation is great, but seriously holding out important information from the main character for over half the show just seems lazy. It’s also extremely cruel to put some one through that, and all the other characters know what happened but are supposed to be nice by not telling her the truth. I guess they thought there was no story worth our time here when they made this show.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

Violet evergarden was one of those same old stories where the writers think the audience is mentally deficient. The animation is great, but seriously holding out important information from the main character for over half the show just seems lazy. It’s also extremely cruel to put some one through that, and all the other characters know what happened but are supposed to be nice by not telling her the truth. I guess they thought there was no story worth our time here when they made this show.

I find this highly ironic considering the subject. It be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I'm really enjoying most of what I'm watching this season, which isn't helping my backlog at all: 

Steins;Gate 0
LotGH Die Neue These
GGO Alternative
Darling in the Franxx (the last episode = :blink:)
FMP! Invisible Victory (I really need to recap the old FMP! episodes. There's so much I've forgotten.)

20 hours ago, dizman said:

I'm surprised it was a popular enough series to get a pachinko machine. BSP was a fun show, I hope we get a sequel or another movie some day.

I agree..   the movie was pretty good as well.     They did leave the ending wide open considering Marika is just starting her senior year when the movie ends.

As for Pachinko machines.. they have many anime theme'd ones..   and I have several.. this and CR Fever Haruhi Suzumiya were my latest.

36 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Started Darling in the Franxx.  Episode one art reminds me of Diebuster and Kill la Kill and the male/female positive/negative thing kinda reminds me of Aquarion.    I’ll give it a shot.  

That's pretty accurate for the series as a whole. Enjoy the ride.

15 hours ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

English dubbed or Japanese on the 2199

It was dubbed?    We are talking about the recent Remake correct?       Last I heard funimation has the rights to release it,   since the original license holder failed miserably at it.

Just finished Star Drivers and it’s a really underrated show from 2010. 

Darling the Franxx is still the best show so far imho this year. 

Best episode this year though is ep 23 of Garo Vanishing lines

i cannot Recommend Garo enough. 

8 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

It was dubbed?    We are talking about the recent Remake correct?       Last I heard funimation has the rights to release it,   since the original license holder failed miserably at it.

Crunchyroll has the dub,  the 1st box set subbed and dubbed is being released July 31th.  I mean the remake 2199 (2012) not Star Blazers.

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

11 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Yeah could easily have a second season with what happened at the end.

They did a movie that opened with ten minutes of new stuff before turning into a two-hour clip episode.

It raised SO MANY QUESTIONS in those ten minutes.

I am finally going through Amazon's anime catalogue since they dissolved Strike.

Watched Eromanga Sensei..  and I had mixed feelings about it..  on one hand it had a pretty high creep factor.. on the other Kuroneko made a brief cameo.. so meh

Just finished rewatching Saekano.. I really enjoyed this one..  yes they use all the standard tropes and they make fun of themselves doing it.   The strength in this series is the character interactions..  onwards towards Season 2.

I'm four episodes into Violet Evergarden...

Having seen and enjoyed Saikano Heiki Kanojo, my first impression is that this anime is something of the flip side of that one. I took to the character development straight away (I love that in all good shows), and seeing Violet take to her mission to learn to live freely. It's gripping and emotional, and one of my favorites this season. Recommended.

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

I'm four episodes into Violet Evergarden...

Having seen and enjoyed Saikano Heiki Kanojo, my first impression is that this anime is something of the flip side of that one. I took to the character development straight away (I love that in all good shows), and seeing Violet take to her mission to learn to live freely. It's gripping and emotional, and one of my favorites this season. Recommended.

I finished Violet Evergarden last week, certainly won't spoil it for you how it ends. 

The animation alone is watching it, the attention to detail gives this anime additional bonus points!