What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 6:24 PM, Major Focker said:

Mahoutsukai no Yome -- do i need to watch the OVAs first before i start on the TV series?

They deal with Chise's backstory as an orphan in Japan, and they're great in their own right, so I'd recommend it.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:42 PM, kajnrig said:

Since this show came up sometime somewhere on these forums recently, this might be of interest to some of you:

https://shop.alltheanime.com/collections/specials/products/eureka-7-ultimate-edition-blu-ray

I'm gonna wait for the regular edition. The price of anime sets keeps on going upward and my salary isn't :p

Gatchaman is one of the greats from the 70's. Some of the stories are stupid, but easily forgivable due to the horrible ways the bad guys die. The music and animation for the time are just top notch. And the themes really stick in your head for a while.

Actually started watching Mahoutsukai no Yome because of the JUNNA opening. Staying because the show is amazing.

makes me happy that everyone really enjoys the op, and that everywhere I see people say something along the lines of “yo you liked that? Check this out” and it’s a Walküre video every time. Might be some good exposure ^_^

When I'm not watching one of this seasons shows (Magus Bride, Zodiac Wars, March comes in like a lion, BBB, Ballroom), I'm doing a rewatch of Nadia of the Blue water in glorious BD quality.

Gainax was absolutely god tier back in the day.

Not exactly anime, but I'm catching up on the past two seasons of BoJack Horseman, and... a few episodes ago, BoJack visits and ultimately takes care of his ailing, dementia-afflicted mother, and the messy relationship they have hits a bit too close to home.

This show, man. I don't know. Sometimes I want to burn it to the ground, and yet here we are, four seasons later.

Edited by kajnrig

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Not exactly anime, but I'm catching up on the past two seasons of BoJack Horseman, and... a few episodes ago, BoJack visits and ultimately takes care of his ailing, dementia-afflicted mother, and the messy relationship they have hits a bit too close to home.

This show, man. I don't know. Sometimes I want to burn it to the ground, and yet here we are, four seasons later.

My group binged this series while painting. I had already seen the Wisecrack summary which since I couldn't get past ep 3 on my first viewing gave me the know-how to survive the series. 

To quote my friend: "Man that episode was dark."

On 12/4/2017 at 6:55 PM, kajnrig said:

https://shop.alltheanime.com/collections/12-days-of-christmas/products/12-days-of-christmas-2017-day-4-claymore-ltd-collectors-ed-blu-ray

Limited time, Claymore Collector's Edition for 10 euros(?). Dunno if anyone here is a fan, but there you are.

i just wish they would release a figure of Theresa

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato: In the Name of Love  for the first time (hey I'm only 40 years old to the party).

Fantastic watch. What a poignant and sad finale to the Yamato story. not much of a crier, but must confess i teared up a bit towards the end there.

But I imagine they retconned the story for the S2, right?