What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Flew out to San Fran over the weekend to attend the North American premiere of Girls Und Panzer Der Film. Its a pretty damn good entertaining movie. Very action packed and well paced. I loved the little references and injokes the film made to things like World of Tanks and war movies like 1941. One thing that did kind of take me by surprise was how much the movie lampooned the old imperial war era mentality with Chi Ha Tan Academy and their suicide charges.

Want to see the Girls und Panzer film, seen clips from it.

Currently going thru Kuromokuro on Netflix while I wait for more eps of Kiejo! and Brave Strike to collect.

Also looking to try and binge thru Macross 7 and it's movies later.

3 Gatsu no Lion (March comes in like a lion) is a pretty interesting series. Strange, I'd never thought I'd get into a series about a shogi player, but there's so much more to the story than shogi.

An unexpected little gem this season is To Be Hero. A weird mix between the absurdity of Space Dandy, the scatological humour of Panty and Stocking, with a tiny budget and the most catchy ED tune ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been watching Giant Gorg on Crunchyroll for the last few weeks and am a bit over half done. It has a mix of a kids feel like Scooby Doo but with people getting shot in the face and a giant robot buddy. I love this show. It has that nice hand drawn look with beautiful hand painted backgrounds. I think it's 80s anime at it's best.

I'm half-way through flip-flappers, which is a fun ride. And I binged all the way through the second season of Ajin. I must say that Sato makes for one twisted version of Hannibal from the A-Team (I love it when a plan comes together).

I'm slowly finishing up other series like Iron Blooded Orphans and the last of Durarara. These had strong beginnings but then started to drag on.

Izetta is next on my list of anime that I missed, and I'm also going to be following the Fate/Grand Order OVAs.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Was it Inhumanoids or something like that? If it's the show I'm thinking of it was one of those marvel shows with animation outsourced to Japan about a team that had to battle gory monster from the earths core.

Lol, it was a pretty messed up show for kids if you ask me.  Gagoyle, the character above, ate people and you could watch them getting digested in acid in his transparent stomach.

I think there was also a creature that trapped people in it's ribcage. I think it came on Sunday mornings and had some really crazy gruesome moments and like peter said above it was a kids show and oddly enough for Americans. 

I really miss those gross out days as a kid.

6 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Inhumanoids was the only cartoon that actually scared me as a kid. Little did I know it was basically channeling Lovecraft.

Spiral Zone terrified me. In fairness, I don't recall ever seeing Inhumanoids.

7 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Just watched the Cowboy Bebop movie and I had forgotten just how truly incredible that film is, looks like I will have to re-up my Netflix DVD option to watch the series again.

I would really consider trying to get my hands on the BD's. Funimation did a fantastic job with those.

Been in a Bubblegum Crisis mood lately. Watched the original OVA series, loved it. Watched Bubblegum Crash.... not too shabby.

So far I'm making my way through BGC 2040, At this point I am watching it to see how it all ends, it's not horrible but not that great either. The Kenichi Sonoda designs were way better IMO, especially Nene! :wub:

Fingers crossed, longshot hope for a Sound! Euphonium season 3. :D

Edited by 505thAirborne

2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Been in a Bubblegum Crisis mood lately. Watched the original OVA series, loved it. Watched Bubblegum Crash.... not too shabby.

So far I making my way through BGC 2040, At this point I am watching it to see how it all ends, it's not horrible but not that great either. 

Fingers crossed, longshot hope for a Sound! Euphonium season 3. :D

Honestly the best part of 2040 is the revamped Nene. I love how she's both cute and competent now. Overall in the end it's not a bad show, but its not something to write home about.

6 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Honestly the best part of 2040 is the revamped Nene. I love how she's both cute and competent now. Overall in the end it's not a bad show, but its not something to write home about.

I like Nene in 2040, she's the most likable character in the show. Still I love it when Nene had pink hair. :D

Found this pic online. :p

8017977812_cc0c3829b3_b-001.jpg

18 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

As i recall, 2040 really picks up mid-way through. Solid anime, but not classic BGC.

On 10/01/2017 at 9:35 AM, JB0 said:

All I remember from looking up 2040 is that Priss's  singing is some godawful cats-in-a-trashcan wailing instead of anything resembling song. That alone was enough to turn me off the idea of watching it.

Reading this makes me not want to ever see it. I want to forevermore remember Priss singing the opening of Bubblegum Crisis.