What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Yeah its friggin great - trying to do only a couple episodes a day - up thru ep10 now. Really no bad eps so far though one was pretty goofy. Sigh... will be hard on my pocketbook - never bought any of the merch for this since not seeing it but now want VF-25 kits etc.

at least you're going to be looking for kits and not toys :D:p;)

Looked into those two suggestions. Looks great! I'll get started on them soon.

Thanks!

Update: I started watching Re:Zero and WOW. I'm 4 eps in and everything is just quality anime here. I'm going to have to work hard to NOT binge watch this anime. Great suggestion!

Edited by frothymug

anyone seen Under the Dog?

I'm wondering If I should pick up a copy, since I declined to support it's fundraising campaign....

anyone seen Under the Dog?

I'm wondering If I should pick up a copy, since I declined to support it's fundraising campaign....

Yeah, some of us here backed the Kickstarter.

It's fine as an pilot or appetizer for a TV series or film. The animation and music are pretty good and I like the characters.They changed some of the staff along the line, so the promised storyline is not there (the whole terrorists in Tokyo 2020 thing). So the story is a bit on the conventional side.

• 2 weeks later...

New season starting soon. Nothing that looks too exciting with the exception of the second part of Gundam IBO.

Might check out the new Madhouse anime, "All Out". Not very often you get a rugby themed show!

Luger 1951 looks interesting too.

Izetta The Last Witch is really Good so far. www.Working also seems to be a worthy follow up.

Friggin loved Izetta. Gorgeous art, animation and music and a cool as heck WW2 setting.

Gundam IBO delivered in it's start of the second season too.

Binge watched second and final seasons of Assassination Classroom yesterday. Enjoyed it greatly, but ep 24 brought a tear or two. Started Psycho Pass last night: only two eps in, but I'm digging it so far. Feels like GiTS blended with Minority Report. Good stuff.

So far only Izetta is looking promising.

Still watching Jojo but at this point, I feel that I am heavily invested in the Jojo line that I still watch it. The part just looks really safe to the protagonist and I feel that the characters was no way in any way to be part of any danger.

So far only Izetta is looking promising.

Still watching Jojo but at this point, I feel that I am heavily invested in the Jojo line that I still watch it. The part just looks really safe to the protagonist and I feel that the characters was no way in any way to be part of any danger.

Diamond is Forever has a completely different feel for me than the first 2 seasons (which I preferred). I get the feeling that when the creator made the first two, he had been watching Indiana Jones or the like. With this season, I feel like he was watching Twin Peaks.

It is definitely fun, it's just... meandered a lot as they shuffled from one seemingly pointless bit of nonsense to the other. Whether it's Joseph Joestar opening up a vein to find an invisible baby or Rohan playing the most dramatic game of Rock-Paper-Scissors ever, it is consistently awesome and inane in equal measures. The italian restaurant episode is still the best, though.

Anyone seen Drifters today? It was a ton of fun. A lot like Hellsing back in the day.

Read the manga back in the day, but the releases are way too slow.

Been waiting the past few years to get an anime release. What is going to suck is that we will be in for a Very long wait for an S2 once S1 is over.

Drifters and Gundam IBO S2 are my must watch for winter 2016. I'll give a few other shows a shot, but nothing else really stands out.

I cannot believe I've gone great part of my adult life without having watched the greatness that is Legend of Black Heaven. This show is like Macross 7's long lost cousin.

You should have watched that when Frontier was announced, for shame!

I just finished watching Girls und Panzer and the movie.. was cute! loved the effects and details of the tanks! quite impressed actually!

The Girls und Panzer movie is full of awesomeness. Mizushima and Studio Actas really went big-time for this movie. 2-hours long and something like 75% is action-packed tank battles. Not to mention the animation quality and detail that went in.

I was particularly impressed with the interior shot of the C-5M (both the cargo hold and the cockpit).

GUP%20C-5%20cockpit%2002_zpsie91gxpf.jpg

RL%20C-5%20cockpit_zpsfttstvk5.jpg

GUP%20C-5%20cargo_zps3jgdhtym.jpg

RL%20C-5%20cargo_zps57ushonh.jpg

The Girls und Panzer movie is full of awesomeness. Mizushima and Studio Actas really went big-time for this movie. 2-hours long and something like 75% is action-packed tank battles. Not to mention the animation quality and detail that went in.

I was particularly impressed with the interior shot of the C-5M (both the cargo hold and the cockpit).

GUP%20C-5%20cockpit%2002_zpsie91gxpf.jpg

RL%20C-5%20cockpit_zpsfttstvk5.jpg

GUP%20C-5%20cargo_zps3jgdhtym.jpg

RL%20C-5%20cargo_zps57ushonh.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised with the movie as some anime movies of the series are often a bit disappointing.. *cough Macross Frontier cough*

Plenty of awesome tank action and the detail was mighty impressive! B))

In fact I liked the anime so much so that it might just influence a purchase of some kind! have to wait and see how that pans out.. :ph34r:

I cannot believe I've gone great part of my adult life without having watched the greatness that is Legend of Black Heaven. This show is like Macross 7's long lost cousin.

Black Heaven is pretty excellent. I still listen to Cautionary Warning all the time. The ending song is just kind of out there though :)

The only thing that really bugs me about the show is I really have no empathy/sympathy for Oji's wife Yoshiko. Their relationship is toxic and she's a huge b*tch to him all the time but she is somehow the love of his life?

Black Heaven is pretty excellent. I still listen to Cautionary Warning all the time. The ending song is just kind of out there though :)

The only thing that really bugs me about the show is I really have no empathy/sympathy for Oji's wife Yoshiko. Their relationship is toxic and she's a huge b*tch to him all the time but she is somehow the love of his life?

TBH, I think their relationship is pretty representative of many marriages/families. I don't want to grossly overgeneralize, but I think women think less about the past than guys and do less dwelling on "the glory days" than men do. She was completely caught up in being a doting wife and mother while he was going on a full midlife crisis., going out drinking with a total hottie like Yuki.

Having said that, throwing out a guys Gibson Flying V in korina wood is a total bitch move! Unexcusable.

Cautionary Warning is on total rotation in my playlists right now and I donwloaded UFO's Greatest Hit's album to hear more of Mr. Schenker's manic riffs :drinks: