What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

• 2 weeks later...

My son was watching Tokyo Ghoul so I started watching it and its quite good.. Still watching Erased which is proving excellent!

How old's your kid?! Last I remember Tokyo Ghoul was extremely violent/graphic even for anime standards.

• 2 weeks later...

My guilty pleasure, and pretty much favorite, anime of this season ended early. Konosuba had 10 episodes, but they let the fans know at the end of the episode that a season 2 is in the works. Yay!

Also, Gate season 2 is getting pretty interesting. At first, it seemed like the show was a big orgy of wizards, wenches, and war machines. But this season has really started focusing on the politics and environment of the clash between two very different cultures. Looks like the season finale is next week and I don't really think they will wrap things up very nicely. We might be seeing a season 3 coming down the pike.

• 2 weeks later...

So its that time again... another Anime Boston another haul for me that puts me into anime over load for the next few months. Here's what I got.

Dragonar Academy

Coffin Princess Chaika

Ladies VS Butlers

Turn A Gundam

Lord Marksman and Vanadis

Heaven's Lost Property(both seasons)

Super Dimensional Century Orguss

Since I'm still on vacation I've already breezed through Chaika. The only bad thing I can say about it is I'm not happy that Sentai is dragging their feet on bringing out the second season. Other than that everything about it has been stellar, it really is one of the best shows of the last five years or so.

I'm only halfway through Ladies VS Butlers, but its actually been a while since an anime comedy actually got a laugh out of me like this has. I'm actually liking the main character as he's less of whipped limp noodle around the ladies and more of a decent guy sometimes caught in some bad looking situations but a limit to the BS he will take.

I've been dabbling with Orguss watching episodes here and there, and its definately pure 80s mecha goodness. Its going to take a while to get through, but the highlight so far was watching Kei pondering the girlfriends he left behind and then realizing he most likely just admitted to banging the bridge bunnies and Minmay. :p

I can also kind of see why this didn't get picked for Robotech like the other shows did. While the character designs and some of the mecha look like they might fit, this show is pretty much straight up a super robot show so far and its tone just wouldn't have worked.

Finally I just started watching Turn A Gundam. This is my first time even though I've heard quite a few good things about it. I like the art so far and the setting is interesting. I've heard some detractors complain its boring and doesn't have a lot of battles or major action but I'm actually okay with that. Everything thing else has indicated its a well thought out show with a deliberate pace and I like that. I don't need beam spam mecha fests to keep me entertained. :)

Loved Chaika (+1). Extremely underappreciated show. I thought the series ended on a good point and didn't need a second season. I was not aware that there was something in production. Shocking truth!

I actually liked Ladies vs. Butlers!, even though I'm not a huge fan of blatant fanservice. Character development went well, but it was too short a series. I wanted to see how interpersonal relationships would continue to develop.

Loved Chaika (+1). Extremely underappreciated show. I thought the series ended on a good point and didn't need a second season. I was not aware that there was something in production. Shocking truth!

I actually liked Ladies vs. Butlers!, even though I'm not a huge fan of blatant fanservice. Character development went well, but it was too short a series. I wanted to see how interpersonal relationships would continue to develop.

What I meant by second season of Chaika was actually the second cour "Avenging Battle" part. So far Sentai has only released the first 12 episodes.

How old's your kid?! Last I remember Tokyo Ghoul was extremely violent/graphic even for anime standards.

hey sorry for the delayed reply.. my son just turned 15. He's seen plenty of gory violent stuff in the past so i think Tokyo Ghoul really isn't that bad.. Even if i didn't want him to watch it, he sees plenty of stuff with his friends at school anyways so it would just be a losing up hill battle for me to attempt to forbid it. He's happy which means im happy!

hey sorry for the delayed reply.. my son just turned 15. He's seen plenty of gory violent stuff in the past so i think Tokyo Ghoul really isn't that bad.. Even if i didn't want him to watch it, he sees plenty of stuff with his friends at school anyways so it would just be a losing up hill battle for me to attempt to forbid it. He's happy which means im happy!

Oh, 15 is more than old enough. I thought he was like 7 or 8 or something like that.

Just started watching my shows of choice for spring season:

-Macross Delta (yaaaas)

-Space Patrol Luluco

-Ace Attorney

Still waiting on premieres for Kiznaiver and Twin Star Exorcists, though.

And of course, working through my Crunchyroll queue and catching up with older shows. Almost done with One-Punch Man; started Your Lie in April (bracing myself for FEELS galore); and still chugging through Macross 7. I'd like to start Psycho-Pass soon, but that probably won't happen until I have more free time this summer lol

Just started watching my shows of choice for spring season:

-Macross Delta (yaaaas)

Christ it's stared already, The one thing I'm not looking forward to with delta is keeping up with everything.

Oh, 15 is more than old enough. I thought he was like 7 or 8 or something like that.

he's quite mature for his age too! his mum banned him from watching Deadpool <_< but when we watched it, it was no big deal at all :rolleyes:

Like I said, the stuff he watches and talks about with his friends at school is something you cant keep tabs on anyways! He's a good kid! :)

The new season has gotten of to a pretty decent start. On top of Macross Delta, we've got a couple of other pretty entertaining series.

JoJo- Diamond is Unbreakable (More Jojo is always welcome)

Joker Game- (A seinen anime about spies in 1930's Japan? Yes please)

Kabaneri is good... amazing first chapter.

The production values are absolutely insane. Film level even. Mikimoto's character designs are absolutely superb. The story

to be honest is a bit generic. Heck it's almost Attack on Titan, just exchange giants with zombies and give it a steampunk feel. Nevertheless it's one entertaining watch