What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

I've been watching Over the Garden Wall and Haikyuu.

Haikyuu is pretty good. A little over dramatic but reminds me of an 80's sports movie drawn out into episodes.

OTGW is pretty fun, though I wish it was scarier and less indie rock. It's like if Wes Anderson made adventure time.

I'm not touching the Prison School anime after wading into the manga. It was a little too extreme for my tastes and I couldn't finish it. That's trauma that I'd rather not revisit. :o

And I was bummed by the way Gate ended its first season too. I was expecting more of a cliffhanger...

...involving the JSDF stationed around the gate, the Dark Elf envoy, and the wounded dragon. Although it has the potential to be a repetitive "elf" story if Itami simply returns to save the day, I looking forward to see how certain JSDF members resolve things while he was away from the team doing "diplomat" work.

But, instead, the story got caught up in exposition and didn't really go anywhere. It felt like a whimper instead of a shout. I'm still willing to give it a chance, though. I'll be tuning in when it returns in January.

Edited by technoblue

Good, because there has been little to no conflict. I think it would have been a much better story if the JSDF wasn't so overwhelmingly powerful compared to the empire's troops. Maybe if the author had implemented magic-users as their weakness, there would have been much more parity in the conflict.

Watching Prison School.

Hana and Kiyoshi seem to get into the most ridiculously awkward situations ever. :blink:

Those 2 have the most fantastic chemistry imaginable. It surpasses reason.

The new season is pretty meh so far. I thought Heavy Object might be more interesting but I was a bit underwhelmed. Young Black Jack was ok though.

In a couple of hours the new Monogatari series will come to save the season though.

Those 2 have the most fantastic chemistry imaginable. It surpasses reason.

Hana, Kiyoshi and Chiyo are probably the most insane and complicated love triangle this season. Hana is crazy dangerous, like Anna from Shimoneta. One serves sliced mushrooms, another serves cookies with love.

post-7534-0-21831100-1443943830_thumb.jpg

I'm a little slow on getting to new releases, mostly waiting on them to hit Netflix or Hulu, etc...

Watched the first 3 discs of Stein's Gate - slowest first 11 episodes I think I have ever slogged through and then episode 12 happens. I watched all of disc 3 in one sitting (7 episodes) and will most likely do the same with disc 4.

I'm a little slow on getting to new releases, mostly waiting on them to hit Netflix or Hulu, etc...

Watched the first 3 discs of Stein's Gate - slowest first 11 episodes I think I have ever slogged through and then episode 12 happens. I watched all of disc 3 in one sitting (7 episodes) and will most likely do the same with disc 4.

Nice. I've been watching Steins;Gate again on blu-ray. There are nuances in those first 11 episodes that I completely missed my first time through, but I do get what you mean about the slow build up. Boy, though, that build up is so worth it.

This season I've so far picked up

Owarimonogatari

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans

One Punch Man

Are certain keepers at this point. Bloody good all of them.

Sakurako

Heavy Object

Perfect Insider

Young Blackjack

I'm on the fence about. At least one or two will have to go at some point.

I don't see anything worth watching this season and last season was relatively dry. Maybe I'm just going off of Crunchyroll's lineup. Does anyone have a link to that one page that has all of the shows for a season with brief synopses?

Since it's football season, I have been quenching my midweek football thirst with some classic Eyeshield 21. Pretty good for such a low-budget show. Hiruma is one of my all-time favorite characters.

I don't see anything worth watching this season and last season was relatively dry. Maybe I'm just going off of Crunchyroll's lineup. Does anyone have a link to that one page that has all of the shows for a season with brief synopses?

Since it's football season, I have been quenching my midweek football thirst with some classic Eyeshield 21. Pretty good for such a low-budget show. Hiruma is one of my all-time favorite characters.

OWARIMONOGATARI & ONE PUNCH MAN!

Here you go, frothymug: http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

OWARIMONOGATARI & ONE PUNCH MAN!

I'm having a tough time getting into Owarimonogatari. I've only made it through the first episode, and that was a tough ride. I think my difficulty may be due to the fact that I'm not into Ouigi Oshino's character much at all, and it's hard focusing on the story when it revolves around her and Araragi so much.

BTW, I haven't spoiled myself with the manga on this, so I could be missing something obvious and important. ;)

Here you go, frothymug: http://myanimelist.net/anime/season

I'm having a tough time getting into Owarimonogatari. I've only made it through the first episode, and that was a tough ride. I think my difficulty may be due to the fact that I'm not into Ouigi Oshino's character much at all, and it's hard focusing on the story when it revolves around her and Araragi so much.

BTW, I haven't spoiled myself with the manga on this, so I could be missing something obvious and important. ;)

It's a light novel series, not manga, and you're missing someyhing incredibly major here.

Hint: These events have something to do with everything that happened in the second season, and Tsukimono. All of it incredibly connected.

It's a light novel series, not manga, and you're missing someyhing incredibly major here.

Hint: These events have something to do with everything that happened in the second season, and Tsukimono. All of it incredibly connected.

Thanks for the correction and the hint. I get manga, visual novels, and light novels confused. I have read a number of manga, but not too many light or visual novels.

Thanks for the correction and the hint. I get manga, visual novels, and light novels confused. I have read a number of manga, but not too many light or visual novels.

Just call it all "print" and you can never be wrong.

Well, maybe visual novels, but it's debatably a proper term.