What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Keep trolling, and you'll go on block with DG99

I take offense to your statement as I posted my opinion before on this same series regarding its subtitles vs dubbed without backlash, see below link for evidence.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41294&page=2#entry1134813

Edited by TangledThorns

I take offense to your statement as I posted my opinion before on this same series regarding its subtitles vs dubbed without backlash, see below link for evidence.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41294&page=2#entry1134813

I find your lack of talking about KanÇolle now disturbing.

I find your lack of talking about KanÇolle now disturbing.

I haven't actually watched the first episode yet but the snippets I've seen make it look amazing

KantaiCollection-Episode1-Omake-3_zpssia

Edited by anime52k8

I agree Cross Ange is indeed getting good :-)

I would also add the following for 2014;

Aldnoah Zero (my top 3 anime of 2014)!!

Fate Unlimited blade works (the art and animations is very high quality)

Amagi (is one of the funniest series of 2014)

No Cross Ange? It's getting surprisingly good.

I'll have to check it out, thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_Ange

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Be warned the first clutch of episodes are SO over the top in their lewdness that preview audiences were laughing. But it calms down after a bit and then the story starts going in some intriguing directions.

so what you're saying is that it's good in a legitimate this is a well done/interesting show kind of way and not in a I can't stop watching this train wreck sort of way.

Edited by anime52k8

so what you're saying is that it's good in a legitimate this is a well done/interesting show kind of way and not in a I can't stop watching this train wreck sort of way.

Yup, polar opposite of Valvrave.

No, it's still a trainwreck. It just wrecked so hard and so fast that people are confused by the aftermath.

I'm not convinced they aren't making the whole thing up as they go along. Every week someone asks "okay, so what are we writing this time?" and the response is always "I dunno."

No, it's still a trainwreck. It just wrecked so hard and so fast that people are confused by the aftermath.

I'm not convinced they aren't making the whole thing up as they go along. Every week someone asks "okay, so what are we writing this time?" and the response is always "I dunno."

I don't think so... They've completely thrown out the setting and the formula for the early episodes, but it's all in the service of explaining the backstory, and answering questions like "Where do the dragons come from?" It's exciting (for me) to see the story veer into directions I never saw coming, at least for now. Again, they could still cock it up by the end, but currently at least, I'm glad I'm watching and I look forward to each new episode.

It's still miles behind Shirobako, but I think it's genuinely good right now.

The only thing that has genuinely surprised me about Cross Ange so far is that

Ange's evil brother has already bought the farm. I kind of expected him to be final boss (or at least make it to last couple of episodes

Edited by Marzan

Yeah. Cross Ange still delivers quite a few cringe-worthy/laugh-out-loud moments, most of them focusing on Ange's own character development. She is often a parody of herself. And the latest episode was a great example of this.

Yup, it's definately nore Strike Witches than Arpeggio or Girlz Und Pandzer, but I'm cool with it.

It's hard for me to get into KanColle for two reasons: I liked Arpeggio a lot and I'm not familiar with KanColle the game. I'm sticking with it, though. The first episode was very confusing. The second episode helped me out because I wasn't dumped into the middle of another epic battle and that gave me time to catch up/adjust.

I haven't seen Strike Witches or Girls... and I think that puts me at a disadvantage with this type of story.

Would love it if that bath-bomb bucket of insta-heal were a real thing. I was reminded of Spirited Away when watching that scene.

He was humping a succubus when he authorized the attack on Arsenal. A succubus who fled the boat when they wrecked his shiznit.

Oh, that one, yeah, I get it now, LOL.

Anyone else watching Death Parade? Madhouse once again doing some quality work.

Part of Kancolle's fun like Strike Witches is seeing the little historical references sprinkled throughout the show. For example the reason Shimakaze's clothes are so skimpy and she likes running faster than everyone else is due to her ship namesake being striped of armor and outfitted with a experimental boiler system that made her the fastest destroyer of the war. Kongo's obsession with tea(not sure if this was shown yet) is a reference to the fact that unlike her sister ships she was built in the UK not in Japan. Her sister ship's the Kirishima, Hiei, and Haruna all have slightly different armaments and attire in the anime based on when they were historically upgraded from battlecruisers to fast battleships with different plans.

Oh, that one, yeah, I get it now, LOL.

Anyone else watching Death Parade? Madhouse once again doing some quality work.

I think I love Death Parade. I wasn't sure if Death Billiards needed a sequel, but so far, I really like what they're doing.

That said, the opening weirds me out. The dissonance between it and the rest of the show is just so strong.

I just finished watching No Game No Life. Loved it. It's like Code Geass if Geass had been more about fun and less about melodrama.

And I'm starting to watch Dirty Pair. It's been on my "to watch" list forever. For those who don't know, it was really popular with several of the people involved in Star Trek TNG. Which kind of gives an indication of how long it's been on my to-watch list.

Anyway, has anyone seen Amagi Brilliant Park? I've heard it's from a lot of the same staff as Full Metal Panic, and has a similar tone and sense of humor.

Haven't watched any new anime since Macross Frontier, there's seriously been nothing that even looked remotely interesting to me.

However, I've finally decided to give Knights or Sidonia and Argevollen a try.

Graham

I'd go with Sidonia first. Tons of fun and it's shorter too.

Part of Kancolle's fun like Strike Witches is seeing the little historical references sprinkled throughout the show. For example the reason Shimakaze's clothes are so skimpy and she likes running faster than everyone else is due to her ship namesake being striped of armor and outfitted with a experimental boiler system that made her the fastest destroyer of the war. Kongo's obsession with tea(not sure if this was shown yet) is a reference to the fact that unlike her sister ships she was built in the UK not in Japan. Her sister ship's the Kirishima, Hiei, and Haruna all have slightly different armaments and attire in the anime based on when they were historically upgraded from battlecruisers to fast battleships with different plans.

Yep thats right, and its these little things that make me enjoy it so much more.

Don't expect much from Argevollen. I got through 5 episodes and completely lost interest. There are so many other previous series that have already done what Argevollen was doing. I also think the MC was completely retarded. The supporting cast looked promising, though.

Part of Kancolle's fun like Strike Witches is seeing the little historical references sprinkled throughout the show. ... Kongo's obsession with tea(not sure if this was shown yet) is a reference to the fact that unlike her sister ships she was built in the UK not in Japan.

So THAT'S why Arpeggio's Kongo drank so much tea!

I thought it was an odd quirk to assign such a standoffish and "mechanical" character, but as a historical homage, it makes sense.