What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Dude its closer to Strike Witches than GuP or Arpeggio. The girls don armor based on historical warships similar to the Witches striker units. The girls don't ride around in or transform into warships.

Thanks for the headsup. I might drop it then.

Yup, Shiro Bako is holding incredibly strong. I hope they include a version of Kawamori when they start designing the fighters.

I noticed that on the side of one of the planes the staff was looking at, one of the pilots names was Shoji. I don't know if that was a reference to him or not.

From the new season: Jojo Stardust Crusaders is back. Yeah! The campiest show alive is going strong.

And the new show by Kurihara (him of Utena and Penguindrum fame) is out too. As expected, it's weird as heck but somehow i cannot help but be drawn into it.

Edited by Marzan

Gundam Build Fighters isn't as dumb as I thought it would be. It's way more fun than I expected.

I'm taking a break from Eureka 7 before I dive into the 2nd season because the 1st season finale was a giant bag of "HUH?"

Shirobako was another pleasant surprise for me, mostly because of the director. I'll probably be starting Denki-Gai soon. Still on the fence on picking up SAO II again- I made it about four episodes before I literally fell asleep.

Alnoah Zero is back! I'm so glad the new episode explained what happen ;)

I must admit I've disliked what they've done.

Not only did both Inaho and the princess survive but now he also has the power of Aldnoah? Agh...it just irks me that they didn't have the guts to really kill at least one of them off. It would have made for a more interesting story in the second season.

Cross Ange went on sale in Japan and is actually having decent sales.

The last episode really took it some new places.

That cockblock though.

Well, one of the reasons for the high sales was that the first edition came with a ticket to enter a raffle to go to an event with Nana Mizuki, which I think brought out many people who wouldn't ordinarily buy it, or would wait.

But yeah, the show itself is getting really good. One of my friends went to the opening event, where they screened the first couple of episodes before they aired, and said that the audience were laughing at how over-the-top the, uh, lewdness was. She was fully prepared to hate the show after that, but kept watching, and is now a pretty big fan. As she said, the staff has listened to the audience feedback, and has reacted accordingly.

I found a bunch of anime on Hulu that I've never had the chance to finish so now my life has a chance to be complete. Namely, I get to finally finish Martian Successor Nadesico and RahXephon- the dub versions since that's how I started them.

I could have finished them years ago if I watched the subs, but once I start a show one way, I have to finish it that way. That's my problem with the Evangelion rebuilds but, at this point, I'm close to just giving into the fansubs since I'm dying to see 3.33.

I tried putting on the dub of Samurai Champloo recently and it was just weird...

Edited by A_Man_and_a_Woman?!

I found a bunch of anime on Hulu that I've never had the chance to finish so now my life has a chance to be complete. Namely, I get to finally finish Martian Successor Nadesico and RahXephon- the dub versions since that's how I started them.

I could have finished them years ago if I watched the subs, but once I start a show one way, I have to finish it that way. That's my problem with the Evangelion rebuilds but, at this point, I'm close to just giving into the fansubs since I'm dying to see 3.33.

I tried putting on the dub of Samurai Champloo recently and it was just weird...

personally i hate dubs in anime, but if you really prefer it and thinking of fansubs, I suggest to wait until the last movie gets released.

You read Spanish, French or German? Rebuild 3.33 has been available in either one of those in both DvD and BD for a while now.

Not only did both Inaho and the princess survive but now he also has the power of Aldnoah? Agh...it just irks me that they didn't have the guts to really kill at least one of them off. It would have made for a more interesting story in the second season.

I originally felt the same way too, but we're talking about Gen Urobuchi....I think he will have some good stuff in store for us :-)

it does feel like a reset, but this time Nao is a bad@$$ with his new bionic eye...it relates to his personality even more now! :-) I do really like how that lined up.

Honestly,

I'm really glad they didn't kill Inaho. One of my IRL friends would have dropped the show if he'd stayed dead. In response to that ending we started calling the show The Inaho Show, because the show to that point had been about Inaho running around subverting mech anime tropes and generally being a badass by thinking his way out of situations. If they'd left him dead, they would essentially be forced to try and sell me on an entirely different show.

So rant against the writers all you want for that overdone cliffhanger, but imo there was only one way forward, and it was with Inaho alive.

Now, as for the princess, I'm intrigued by the idea of her being a vegetable that Count Sassybum is using to control Slaine. But the writers probably won't do that, so I will content myself with the inevitable explosion that will happen when hime finds out what Slaine has been doing in her name.

In other news, I just watched Knights of Sidonia. Right before going into it I saw some relatively negative reviews online, so I wasn't expecting much. I was quite pleased with what I got. Reminds me of a cross between Macross and Attack on Titan, or AoT and BSG. Looking forward to more.

Edited by MikeRoz

Wait, who didn't like Knights of Sidonia? Reminded me of a fleshed out (see what I did there) Megazone 23 Part 2.

You'd be surprised. Some people were really put off by the character designs and the use of 3D. Me, I loved it and cannot wait for the second season.

Honestly,

I'm really glad they didn't kill Inaho. One of my IRL friends would have dropped the show if he'd stayed dead. In response to that ending we started calling the show The Inaho Show, because the show to that point had been about Inaho running around subverting mech anime tropes and generally being a badass by thinking his way out of situations. If they'd left him dead, they would essentially be forced to try and sell me on an entirely different show.

So rant against the writers all you want for that overdone cliffhanger, but imo there was only one way forward, and it was with Inaho alive.

Now, as for the princess, I'm intrigued by the idea of her being a vegetable that Count Sassybum is using to control Slaine. But the writers probably won't do that, so I will content myself with the inevitable explosion that will happen when hime finds out what Slaine has been doing in her name.

In other news, I just watched Knights of Sidonia. Right before going into it I saw some relatively negative reviews online, so I wasn't expecting much. I was quite pleased with what I got. Reminds me of a cross between Macross and Attack on Titan, or AoT and BSG. Looking forward to more.

I don't rant, and specially not when it comes to something like a tv show. I just wished that the production/directors had not pulled that cliffhanger if they were't going to see it through. While you might be right about Inaho being necessary for the show to continue being what it is, I think they could have seen the princess off. It just smells of Aldnoah giving immortality which brings down Aldnoah Zero's 'serious mecha" show credentials IMO.

I actually think Aldnoah is probably [spoilers]nanomachine based, given what just happened.

Inaho & the princess on the other hand were just wearing plot armor. We still don't really know the level of Vers medical science, and she could well be a vegetable, but we'll see. I will at the very least buy that Inaho guaged the trajectory of the bullet, and adjusted his head accordingly to insure minimal brain damage. Plus, Big Boss did it.

I find that I agree with Marzan about Aldnoah Zero. At the very least, I was hoping to get one or two episodes of character development for the supporting cast before the writers jumped to the big reveal. For instance:

In the first post-Inaho confrontation the writers had an opportunity to shine some spotlight on Rayet and Inko. For a brief moment, I thought we were going to see them using their own tactics to protect the Deucalion (showing that the supporting cast can learn and adapt instead of being lead along like strays)...and then Orange appears. IMO, that was a wasted opportunity. The fact that Inaho is required for the United Forces of Earth to survive is a trope all its own, and one that I would still like to see the show break free of.

Heh, the dub version is slightly better than subbed. It also made more sense of what was going on in the storyline, plus my eyes could concentrate on the pretty anime instead of the subtitles :)

Keep trolling, and you'll go on block with DG99