What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

i readily admit that Cross Ange is a guilty pleasure, but looking forward to each ep? that'll be Log Horizon S2, Madan no Ou to Vanadis, and Hitsugi no Chaika S2.

Psycho Pass S2 has been great but for some reason i'm not as hooked as i was with S1. the story's interesting and the conspiracy is developing nicely (dare i compare to GitS?) but perhaps the narrative is not sufficiently propulsive to make we crave for the next ep. whether that is by the writer's design or not, we shall soon see.

strangely, i'm actually contemplating on leaving Psycho Pass for a while and let a handful of eps pile up. at the moment i would rather catch up with the shenanigans in Nanatsu no Taizai and Akame ga Kill.

SAOII has been so-so. i still like it, but i feel a bit disengaged.

epic eps this week:

1. Inou-Battle ep7. emphatic delivery by Hatoko VA + subdued BGM = sublime moment in anime. in my books at least, Hatoko's rant tops Nadeko Sengoku's when she flipped

2. awesome fights in Log Horizon S2 ep8. Akatsuki FTW!

3. great battles in Madan Vanadis ep8

i've just started on Guilty Crown. i hear it's pretty polarizing so i got curious. that and i was looking for more of Egoist (Psycho Pass ED). the soundtrack certainly does not disappoint and the visuals are stunning. for now at least, those are enough to compensate for a number of things that doesn't make sense.

i've just started on Guilty Crown. i hear it's pretty polarizing so i got curious. that and i was looking for more of Egoist (Psycho Pass ED). the soundtrack certainly does not disappoint and the visuals are stunning. for now at least, those are enough to compensate for a number of things that doesn't make sense.

Guilty Crown is great right up until the moment it isn't. By the end I was pissed off more than anything else.

strangely, i'm actually contemplating on leaving Psycho Pass for a while and let a handful of eps pile up. at the moment i would rather catch up with the shenanigans in Nanatsu no Taizai and Akame ga Kill.

Akame ga Kill seems to be heading for the anime original ending, so these last episodes should be pretty interesting IMO. I hope they come up with something good to end it.

On other matters, anyone else here a fan of the manga Blame! Well it's getting an anime adaption in a way that Kawamori would applaud. It's going to be a show-within the second season of Knights of Sidonia (Blame! and Sidonia are by the same mangaka). It's not a new idea, but it's kinda neat since I don't think Blame! would sell by itself too well in this anime market to be honest.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/11/23/video-blame-the-ancient-terminal-city-anime-preview

Edited by Marzan

So has nobody watched Gintama? Its a good series. no underlying plot but its funny and one of those you can watch real quick before you go to bed. 200 some episodes on crunchy roll too. It kinda goes through slight "morphs" as its trying to find its niche but I really enjoy it.

about halfway into Guilty Crown. been good so far. i'm trying hard not to anticipate when it'll go south.

so the name of the protagonist's father is OUMA KUROSU and a girl's singing can turn the tide of battle. hmm.. i'm trying to remember what was that other anime...

the soundtrack is reminiscent of Attack on Titan, in fact some songs seem to be patterned from it. or is it the other way around?

about halfway into Guilty Crown. been good so far. i'm trying hard not to anticipate when it'll go south.

so the name of the protagonist's father is OUMA KUROSU and a girl's singing can turn the tide of battle. hmm.. i'm trying to remember what was that other anime...

You're probably thinking of The Idolmaster. There's no shame in that.

Well, okay, there's actually a good deal of shame in that.

Seem to be watching a lot of Appleseed anime lately. Alpha sort of whetted my appetite for more post-apocalyptic gunfights, so I continued on with the 2004 CGI anime. Nice story, but the cel-shaded CG took a little getting used to. I might watch Ex Machina later.

So no one else is watching Shirobako...? IT'S REALLY GOOD!!

It's the one about the anime production club, right? I watched the first ten minutes and didn't get much into it, but so many people whose taste I respect are raving about it that I've put it on my to do list again.

It's the one about the anime production club, right? I watched the first ten minutes and didn't get much into it, but so many people whose taste I respect are raving about it that I've put it on my to do list again.

The first ten minutes of episode one are about an animation production club (and, yeah it looks like it's going to be a show about moe amateur animators). Then it jumps forward to (most of) them actually working in anime production.

The cast seems impossibly huge at first, but it gains focus pretty quickly, and it really gives an only-slightly romanticized account of what people who work in anime (on all levels, from directors to in-betweeners to voice actors) go through to bring out a series.

Plus, a lot of the characters are based on real people, and there's at least one that'll make you smile.

i'm up to date on Shirobako and yes, i would encourage folks to give it a try.

it's a bit of a rarity being a slice of life show that isn't about students (the entire cast are working professionals).

pretty interesting insights on the ins and outs of making an anime, including some discussions on 3D vs. hand drawn, and the characters are shown drinking actual beer rather than tea or softdrinks.

the last few episodes had a good dose of heartwarming moments.

Denki-gai no Honya-san is also another show currently airing where the cast are working folks (crew of a manga/anime shop in Akiba) and is quite hilarious at times.

i missed this one. can you let me know in spoilers? thanks

Episode 5...

"Saburo Kitano," creator of the "Kitano Circus" missile spam, who worked on the '80s show, "Chou Toukuu Youkan Majidas."

Plus Episode 6

with the 35th anniversary celebrations for "Space Exodus Idepon."

Also, there are plenty of shots of various areas around Tokyo (especially Kichijoji) that gave me the warm fuzzies.