What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

If you can wait for the next season or you want to follow the manga (which produces 5 questions everytime they answer 1 or 2, of course I may be exagerrating) after finishing the episode, Attack on the Titan gets my vote.

This. Amazing anime. I could not handle the thought of waiting until they produced season2, so I went straight from the anime to the manga, as soon as I figured out where to pick it up.

I feel like the narrative has stalled a little, but just got surprised with a big twist in Ch 62. Hopefully it'll roar back into full action soon.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Cross Ange is incredible for every reason why!

Also loving Parasyte, though I hope it raises Aya Hirano's popularity back high enough to get us some more Haruhi.

Valvrave had a better theme song, though.

True.

The one thing that Cross Ange has going for it, though, is that the dragons are designed by Kazutaka Miyatake. I wish they showed them off more.

Ange also has transforming jetbikes. Which is pretty much the only thing cooler than transforming motorcycles.

So that's two things going for it.

That said, you know the show is bad when even the main character is talking about it.

Yeah, the mecha's pretty cool (I kinda wish Miyatake had designed THOSE as well, but I'm not sure "sleek transforming jetbike" is really his bag...).

And yeah, the next episode previews always made me think that the writing staff KNOWS they could be making a better show.

I just don't understand Cross ange. It's trying to be all violent and gut-punch dramatic, but they also want to be cheesecake fan-service, it just doesn't jive together.

Edited by anime52k8

I think it's pretty awful (or, at least, it doesn't work for me), but the robots and (especially) the dragons are cool.

However, while I can totally understand and sympathize with someone dropping the series in disgust after THAT scene in episode 1, the amount of additional reasons people (elsewhere, not on MW) are coming up with to hate this show is ludicrous. My favorite so far was an "article" calling it racist.

Yep, racist. Against, I assume, Muggles.

That said, the overly eager attempts to defend THAT scene also bug the hell out of me, so I guess there's no winning.

The only defense that *I* can mount (and it's weak) is that, for the first few episodes at least, the show seemed to be going for a "trashy '70s women-in-prison flick" vibe, and that's the sort of thing that happens in those movies (cf. the evil lesbian commander in ep. 2).

I take it as this. I like fanservice, I like mecha, and I like tongue in cheek Foxy Brown styled action drama's. The next ep previews show they are 100% just making what they're they're making.

As for the examinatuon scene at the end of the first ep, that was a totally in story with what was going on.

This must be the first discussion I've ever seen on Cross Ange where people are not complaining about the 'fanservice'. Kudos to you guys!

I did two post now complaining about forced nudity. The only thing that allows me to keep watching are:

1. Transforming Mecha

2. Those Giant Dragons

THAT scene was a cheap way to be edgy and transitional. But Cross Ange is not the only anime this season guilty of taking that route to attract an audience. The question is, would the story be the same without those explicit scenes? As another example, when Crunchyroll showed a preview of Terra Formars uncensored, I asked myself the same question. It turns out the story didn't change at all. In Terra Formars case, the only thing that changed was the flow of animation.

If these shows were less explicit to begin with or, at the least subtle, they would still spark the imagination. Alas, I haven't seen any evidence indicating that either show wants its audience to think. Keith's tongue-in-cheek fanservice comment seems appropriate to me.

I keep watching Cross Ange because after those first horrible episodes, the show developed a better sense of humor and I'm curious about where its headed. At first, I thought it was a deconstruction of the Magical Girl genre with robots! Now I have no idea. Anyway, I'm sticking with it for now...

I just got the Queen's Blade Beautiful Fighters OVA. This series goes a long way toward bridging the events of the second season and the beginning of QB: Rebellion. For example the first episode alone we see...

The reason why Queen Claudette is destroying the ruling noble families. At the end of the second season Lord Vance united the noble families to overthrow Queen Aldra. When Leina won he back off and the other nobles saw this as a betrayal so they sacked Vance castle, took Elena hostage and planned to execute her. This is what caused Claudette to destroy the nobles in Rebellion when she took Leina's place.

The episode also takes place from Elena's point of view so we get a little more insight into what makes her tick, why she's obsessed with her sister to the point of creepiness, and in a small scene we see why Nyx hates her. As Leina and Elena grew apart Leina took on a favorite servant who was Nyx's mother. Elena had Nyx(who she already had been tormenting) and her mother fired from Vance service and black marked so they couldn't find work. Nyx's mother died from starvation/sickness and Nyx on the verge of death found the demon staff Funikura in a cave and set out seeking revenge.

Low and behold, two mangas I thoroughly enjoy are currently getting the anime treatment, and I started watching them both recently. Both Terra Formars, and the absolute classic Parasyte are now both anime, and they're both pretty damn good! Both are also quite unfortunately censored, especially Terra Formars, like it's ridiculous how cut up that anime is, entire scenes end up getting completely cut up to the point that you just look at black for 10-30 seconds at a time, which is why I went ahead and signed up for Crunchyroll, they're the only streaming website online to get uncensored Terra Formars episodes.

The most interesting thing for me as an AGK manga reader, is that the anime's story has finally diverted significantly from the manga, which means we might get an anime original ending (since the manga is still ongoing and still some ways before finishing). I look forward to see how they do this. Only thing for sure is that the casualty rate will be high.

I started watching No Game, No Life to see what all the fuss was about. The first episode is certainly interesting, with some nice art too.

Sword Art Online - If ever your friend tells you how the good this is, Ignore him for a week, if he still insist on making you watching this show, ignore him for another month.

If you must really watch this show, just watch the first arc and after that, Imagine that the show really has finished.

Sword Art Online - If ever your friend tells you how the good this is, Ignore him for a week, if he still insist on making you watching this show, ignore him for another month.

If you must really watch this show, just watch the first arc and after that, Imagine that the show really has finished.

Alas, this is true. Even the second season has the same problem. It's as if they have enough of a story to finish the first act, and then they write the second act while playing World of Warcraft.

hehehe i'm developing a dependence on cross ange...

I must admit I looke forward to it each week much more than I do with SAO or Fate. Strange that.

I finished No Game No Life and was pretty underwhelmed after I'd read about it. Nice art and interesting premise, but it unfortunately suffers from the Gary Stu/Mary Sue syndrome that's popping up more often in todays anime market.

I must admit I looke forward to it each week much more than I do with SAO or Fate. Strange that.

I finished No Game No Life and was pretty underwhelmed after I'd read about it. Nice art and interesting premise, but it unfortunately suffers from the Gary Stu/Mary Sue syndrome that's popping up more often in todays anime market.

Hehehe I binge-watched eps 1-7! That brother-sister thing did kinda creep me out in NGNL (and code geass)...

Hehehe I binge-watched eps 1-7! That brother-sister thing did kinda creep me out in NGNL (and code geass)...

I keep telling contemporary anime fans that 20 years from now people are going to look at all the sibling love/imouto stuff released in the last 5,6 years or so and ask "What the hell where people thinking in those days?"