What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

How could I forget Inferno Cop? The laughter. The explosions. The music. It was a blast. Literally.

Done. Thanks for the recommendation, Keith!

Kawaii update...I think this half-hour short gave me a cuteness overload. I bought the Blu-ray direct and will be waiting patiently for episode 2.

I had the exact same reaction.

Nice. Mikasa... Mikasa. She just happens to look like the beauty queen from my highschool. Makes it that much more devastating.

Kiss Dum Planet Engage. I watched the first spastic episode and I don't have high hopes for the remainder of the series. Some one please tell me it gets better and less truncated?

Why did the the what anime are you watching thread turn into a meme thread? Also how could Natsuru impregnate himself?

Anyway, up to episode 19 in Captain Earth. Not going to lie, between the sluggish pacing, mediocre protagonists, and low amounts of action I now understand why people call it boring. At least Puck is acting like a well rounded villain, I see potential in him.

I got some good old school anime on the way from Rightstuf with Space Adventure Cobra and Cat's Eye. Should be here in a day or two. Until then I'll keep watching Cobra on their offical youtube channel. I guess the best way to describe it is Space James Bond meets Lupin with artwork that would look right at home in Heavy Metal magazine.

I got some good old school anime on the way from Rightstuf with Space Adventure Cobra and Cat's Eye. Should be here in a day or two. Until then I'll keep watching Cobra on their offical youtube channel. I guess the best way to describe it is Space James Bond meets Lupin with artwork that would look right at home in Heavy Metal magazine.

Space Adventure Cobra has one of my favorite opening songs!

Freezing is beyond stupid. I want the half-hour of my life I wasted on it back.

I guess if you're a fan of cheap anime action gimmicks that really don't show any action but plenty of really nice panty shot stills, this one is for you. Jeebus... even Sekirei had a better plot and fight scenes...

Freezing is beyond stupid. I want the half-hour of my life I wasted on it back.

I guess if you're a fan of cheap anime action gimmicks that really don't show any action but plenty of really nice panty shot stills, this one is for you. Jeebus... even Sekirei had a better plot and fight scenes...

You lasted only one episode? It gets better, a lot better.

I lost interest before the first episode was over...

Freezing was ehhh... It was okay. It was good enough to get a second season, which took the story in a slightly different direction with some better character interaction. I still wouldn't recommend it, though.

I've watched a few episodes of Planetes and any space buff should enjoy it. Also currently trying to keep up with SAO2, Log Horizon, Akame ga Kill, and Chaika season 2.

In a way, the concept in Freezing was a good start. Human beings using alien technology implanted inside female combatants to fight off alien invaders. It is actually like a high-tech version of Claymore. Both are similar in terms of the girls being ranked and each person has a special skill which is then attached to their name, like Phantom Miria in Claymore and Arnett the Slashing Trickster in Freezing. In both shows, the implants inside their bodies could go out of control and consume the host turning them into the enemy.

Where Freezing falls short is that it tries too many comical and often ecchi gigs along with shallow character development. Claymore took itself more seriously with better characters, like Clare and Teresa, with pretty cool fight scenes. Even the villains in Claymore had more depth like Ophelia or Priscilla. I thought season 1 of Freezing was entertaining to watch. But the second season really went off in a tangent that really didn't answer any questions from season 1. <_<

have some time on my hands right now so on top of the seasons simulcasts, I'm gonna have a crack at Blue Gender. I've read some good reviews on it so I hope it delivers.

Blue Gender is intense. Terra Formars reminds me a lot of BG in a number of ways...well, when you take away the cone of censorship.

Oh Cross Ange, I want to see someone buy the Astray shield, and SF's dual rifles!

I know, right? It's like they have left over models and designs from Gundam Seed and they're just putting them in there. Even the new male MC-kun looks like Jesus Kira.