What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

I'm not sure I understood anything you wrote here ( I should probably mention I'm not into VN's) but I'll take your word that I shouldn't fear and let Archer entertain me :)

Just saying Rin won't be starring as of next episode, but this entire season is all about Archer regardless of who the official star is, and Archer is always awesome. It's one of the rules of the Grail War: The Archer servant must be the coolest.

Except, of course, this one.

Nope. Opinion is not reality.

I appreciate your opinion, but I don't agree with it. Ohta brings outrageous physical and emotional comedy to Patlabor. His characterization is impulsive, but he is generally a good cop and has good motives. In the series and the movies, his outrageous tone is often delivered as slapstick. He is not written as a twisted or corrupt person, although he can be annoying.

Revy is a broken character surviving in a broken world. She does joke at times, but the comedy in Black Lagoon is dark. Revy's character is a true nihilist. She doesn't believe in anything or in any one. For her to do something, she has tp see value in it---some kind of personal gain or return. Most of the time, her motive in each episode is to complete her job as efficiently as possible.

As for your generalization of episode 6...???

Wikipedia isn't the best source, but it is a fair source if you are not trolling me about Nietzsche:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

I'm not even going to entertain the notion that Revy is somehow worse than Nazi's, that has to be the single most igmorant (new word invented for this occasion) thing DG has ever said, and that's sayimg a lot.

In othee news, Cross Ange Bishoujo SEED is already much better than Valvrave. Let's hope it stays that way. Terraformers is also shaping up nicely.

Things Ohta and Revy have in common:

-They are humans with mouths that talk and have no physical handicaps

-They are violently in love with weapons

-Love violence

-Have zero regards to human safety

-Have no problem putting their coworkers in danger

-Are told by their superiors not to go to far

-Are obnoxious as hell

-Use no anger management

-Suck at comedy

Same character to me.

Anyway, earlier I watched Otaku no Video because I have not seen a Gainax anime in a while and I can safely say this is probably their worst anime (which is saying something). Bad pacing, bad jokes, bad music, boring characters, those dumb otaku portrait documentaries constantly stop the story for no reason (yes, chase after some random guy at night just to interview him!), and the ending comes out of left field so hard it felt like they were insulting the audience on purpose. The only good thing to come from this junk is the art style, which is not saying much considering most anime can accomplish that much.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Anyway, earlier I watched Otaku no Video because I have not seen a Gainax anime in a while and I can safely say this is probably their worst anime (which is saying something). Bad pacing, bad jokes, bad music, boring characters, those dumb otaku portrait documentaries constantly stop the story for no reason (yes, chase after some random guy at night just to interview him!), and the ending comes out of left field so hard it felt like they were insulting the audience on purpose. The only good thing to come from this junk is the art style, which is not saying much considering most anime can accomplish that much.

Obviously, you missed the whole point of the anime. Maybe it's because you're too young to understand, but it's a parody on otakus and otaku lifestyle. Particularly that of the 1980's generation (just look at how many Macross references there were).

Oh well. I guess I fell for that troll bait fair and square. Back on topic...

Watched first episode of the new Fate series. It's allright, but not as awesome as the franchise fanboys make it to be. It's definitely better to have Rin as protagonist than Shirou "People die if they are killed" Emiya.

I somehow missed that this was a thing. I enjoyed the art and story of Fate/zero more than Fate/stay night and have been wondering how Fate/stay would work if the camera moved slightly to focus away from Saber and Shiro Emiya to one of the other players. I'll need to add UBW to my queue. Thank you for the review, Marzan!

Why don't you guys just ignore him and his useless opinions... the fact that you supply him with responses gives him the idea that it matters and encourages more out of him... and no... negative opinions that go against popular ones is not trolling. If this was a thread for one show or series of shows and he was still watching it after a couple of episodes after stating that it was bad, then it'd be trolling. But it's a thread about different anime.

I'm not even going to entertain the notion that Revy is somehow worse than Nazi's, that has to be the single most igmorant (new word invented for this occasion) thing DG has ever said, and that's sayimg a lot.

In othee news, Cross Ange Bishoujo SEED is already much better than Valvrave. Let's hope it stays that way. Terraformers is also shaping up nicely.

Cross Ange really has got the internet on fire with THAT final scene. I really didn't expect to see that. And yeah, the amount this series takes from SEED is astounding. There's bits from the credits that are almost identical!

My only issue with Terraformars is the censoring. While I understand why they do it, making 3/4 of a screen black for the purpose of censoring is a bit too much. At one point I felt like was listening to Terraformars and not watching it.

Cross Ange really has got the internet on fire with THAT final scene. I really didn't expect to see that. And yeah, the amount this series takes from SEED is astounding. There's bits from the credits that are almost identical!

My only issue with Terraformars is the censoring. While I understand why they do it, making 3/4 of a screen black for the purpose of censoring is a bit too much. At one point I felt like was listening to Terraformars and not watching it.

So I found out what everyone is going on about with Cross Ange and... DAMN.... Just DAMN. Where the show goes from here will make or break the show. This thing has a very good shot and being a very dark and gritty character study of humanities indifference toward each other. I hope it stays on that path and doesn't fall into one of those disturbing shows that make you question your humanity or good taste. Edited by renegadeleader1

Yesterday I watched Captain Earth up to episode 6, nothing particularly great although for a series about space robot fighting it sure is lacking. It does have a super adorable mascot thought.

That's about how far I lasted with Captain Earth. I don't think it's necessarily bad though; just not my thing. Plus, the brother-sister-semi-incestuous-duo was getting on my nerves.

I watched the Fate/stay UTW prologue tonight and thought it was well done.

Revisiting the beginning of this story from Rin and Archer's perspective is a nice twist. I also appreciate the advantage Ufotable has over Studio Deen with their ability to bridge the gap between this version of Fate/stay and Fate/zero. Rin gets some early character development and it isn't spoon fed to us in drawn out, extended monologues. IMO, even the annoyed version of Rin from Deen's series was a stronger and more driven character than Shiro and this time Ufotable puts her front and center. That said, we are missing a few important developments while following Rin on her first day.

The limited perspective also forces her into becoming a narrator of sorts for the audience. I found that a little taxing a couple times. Anyone who has seen the Deen series may also find those moments repetitive. Oh well.

Stuff that stood out in the prologue:

• The scenes with the archery club.
  • The art and special effects, but moreso the art.
  • All the servant introductions: Archer, Lancer, Saber---fun stuff.

Madhouse has once again delivered a quality adaption with Parasyte (Kiseeiju). Real good stuff and uncensored for once (thank you Madhouse). They updated the character designs and technology in the story a bit, and changed some thing chronologically, but the story follows the manga pretty closely. And it's a 2 cour so there'll be 24 episodes of goodness.

Shingeki No Bahamut had a pretty interesting first episode. Story is set in a fantasy world with dragon, demons and mercenaries, with gorgeous animation and some pretty ballsy character designs. In an era where MC’s look almost all alike, it’s refreshing to have a guy in his 20’s with a ginger afro as the protagonist.

Because Kill La Kill was such a favorite of mine, :p I thought I would give Trigger another go this season.

The first episode of When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace has an interesting premise. It's hard to describe since I haven't read the light novel series, but based on what I've seen of the anime I think it is a good mix of the first season of Heroes and Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, where the love isn't as obvious and all of the delusions turn out to be real. The show is quite the diversion from Kill La Kill, but Trigger's talent for introducing ridiculous events and rolling with them is front and center.

For instance, there is one scene in particular where the students are "caught" practicing and...well...I'll say no more...

My verdict for now is *promising*. This one has my attention.

I want Inferno Cop on blu-ray sooo bad!

I believe the expression is "quoted for truth"

The soundtrack is fantastic too. All those songs in bad German are amazing

Absolutely. Man, is there any part of Inferno Cop that ISN'T fantastic?

(Answer: animation frame count)

And Inferno Cop. Best anime ever.

A YouTube original series.

How could I forget Inferno Cop? The laughter. The explosions. The music. It was a blast. Literally.

Do yourself a favor, if you hqven't already, watch Little Witch Academia (it's on Crunchyroll), super high benchmark animation from Trigger.

Done. Thanks for the recommendation, Keith!

Kawaii update...I think this half-hour short gave me a cuteness overload. I bought the Blu-ray direct and will be waiting patiently for episode 2.

Edited by technoblue

Just finished Black Lagoon and holy crap the second half of the series picked itself up very nicely! Seeing Revy getting the snot beaten out of her helped as did Roberta, why the hell couldn't she be the main female lead instead? She is far better Revy and is not a complete monster. No idea why the last episode had to preview vampire children, but oh well, I'll see Second Barrage down the line. Captain Earth is also starting to pick up pace now that Tiltsgang members are having their memories return via telepathic kissing (they just had to make the female villain bisexual for fan service, didn't they?).

I'm continuing with Dougram and I'm about roughly half way through. If there's any complaint I have its the "magic fore arms" that seem to be able to block any shot. I can't complain too much since both sides seem to do it quite a bit making it seem less of a character shield thing. Overall I'm still enjoying it big time.