1/72 VF-4 Resin Model Kit Pre-Order

Valk009

So, my weekend will be occupied with getting the kit's mold ready and maybe also start making all those clear vacuum formed canopies!

Details on payment of the kit have beem PM'ed to each one of the interested parties. If by any chance I missed one from the list, just give me a PM!

No pics of the project as the silicone molds are not much to see or write home about!

Latest updates, the mold has been cut and kits will be pourred and pulled out on a daily basis now, first batch of kits will go out mid to end of the week!

HI!

What you think about these schema? I want the 70’s Tomcat paint style, the scorpion’s where taken from the VF-11B decals, just as a test :D

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks

post-1890-0-28101600-1308847387_thumb.gif

Edited by joscasle

HI!

What you think about these schema? I want the 70’s Tomcat paint style, the scorpion’s where taken from the VF-11B decals, just as a test :D

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks

I'm not sure that that scheme and those tail markings to together, to be honest. The '70s-style Tomcats had very bright and colorful markings that covered the entire tail, the ones the VF-11B came with are low-vis markings and would fit late-80s/90s/2000s Tomcats much better then the high-vis schemes.

As an example, here are some VF-4s I did a while ago, in this case SVF-103 Jolly Rogers. I have it in high-vis markings on the CAG bird and two different low-vis schemes for the squadron CO and line birds.

http://talos56.deviantart.com/gallery/7626781?offset=0#/d23kzn9

I think that either an overall-grey scheme like the VF-4s above, a variant of the tactical paint scheme F-14s had starting in the 1980s, or something like this would be best.

Thanks for your suggestions, those VF-11 marks I just use them as test, you are right the F-14's from the 70's use bright markings.

I really like your VF-103 schemas

I think a low-vis VF-4 with those tail markings would be neat to see, especially something like one of those TPS schemes I linked to. Alternatively, go with '70s Tomcat tail markings, though you might have to go with 1/100 scale ones or get creative because of the shape of the VF-4's tail.

Thanks, I think the SVF-103 VF-4s came out well. I wanted to do something different then Skull Squadron (which I did with the canon Flashback 2012 markings), so I went real-world VF-103 with it. I did one inspired by VF-84's pre-Jolly Rogers days (when they were called Vagabonds) too. http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/Talos5/VF-4%20Lightning%20III%20Colored/FB2012Skulls.png

Oh dear, now I have to decide how I'm gonna paint it...and if I should build it in flight, or gear down.

Decisions, decisions... :D

If i say i already have the Repttu model and buy Andy's VD-4 just to have both versions - in flight and gear down - you'll be very angry ? ;)

Just to let you know what a super guy Valk009 is here is a picture of mine bought from the last build run.

post-3178-0-41472500-1309544080_thumb.jpg

Still not built but great :), as you can see the same boxes decals and build etc

P.S sorry about the grainy picture but all my stuff is in storage so only had my phone and crappy light.

Edited by big F

Ahh...those CDRom instructions included with the second run of the kit! the latest one will have paper instructions instead as I ran out of those mini CDRoms and they are now near impossible to find, unless you go for the DVDRom options!

As with latest updates, another batch of kits will go out early next week and hoepfully all orders will be sent out by the end of the week.

The casting has been little delayed because of the rain and humid weather, which even with the vacuum chamber for casting will result more than acceptable bubbles. So, I usually need to dehumidify the room and cool it down with air con before the casting process, which slows down the number of kits being able to be pulled out of the mold each day!

Got mine today! Haven't looked at all the parts but from what I saw was nice & clean. Great detail too! Thanks again, Valk009!