Petition for more Low Vis Valks

SirCampbell

So many Custom decals have been released for the low vis 1/48 Yamato since it's release. Most of the best (those from Takatoys, Anasazi37, etc) have been released well after all the stores have sold out. Finding them on ebay is really hard as well :unsure:

If you would like to see Yamato produce more Low Vis Valks, please post here. Speak your mind and proclaim your love for these highly customizable toys :lol:

Wouldn't it be great to have low vis 1/48 VF-1S's, J's, and other future models? Yes, indeed ;)

I for one would like to see more Low Viz Valks released. Only in the A series though. On one hand, you'll get a lot of happy MWer's that missed out on the Low Viz finally have their second chance due to maybe say financial reasons or lack of interest at the time of release, and on the other hand you'll get a lot of pissed off MWers that would say that the value of their already purchased low vizes has dropped due to it being more widely available if Yamato were to release a second production run.

Good point, that would be great. I also sgree on the military colors (that's what attracted me to the low vis in the first place).

Also, just to keep the value of our "limited edition" low vis in tact, hopefully Yamato can vary a mass production low vis just enough to keep us proud owners of present low vis happy.

I personally don´t care what camouflage colour scheme they use as long as it´s decent and believable.

What attracted me to the Low-vis (long after it dissapeared from shops ) was the cool looking pilot and the lack of canon colour scheme , so if they re-release the LV I plead Yamato to make the same (or improved) pilot figure. :lol:;)

Edited by Aegis!

I seriously doubt Yamato would re-issue the 1/48 Low Vis cos it was a limited item, if i didnt remembered wrongly an estimate of 5000 pieces for produced for worldwide consumption unlike the VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Hikaru. Dun get me wrong, im simply love the low vis but yet got the chance and opportunity to have one in my procession yet. It be nice of Yamato to re-issue the Low Vis but then again it wun a limited item of they do that.

Cheers

I would like to see more Low Viz, but i still dont care...i wanna see this bad baby made!!!

-Jin

Bullet_Proof.jpg

That's got to be the biggest pipe dream in MacrossWorld. Including mine. Even if someone was to customize it, I don't know the chance it would be recastable. There would be some serious engineering needed to have it come apart to where a serious knowledgable recaster would take up the effort. As for Yamato making it... I'm just not sure they would. It'll be costly and the customer's price on it would be horrendous in return. Not to mention it's a custom design by a fan and completely non canon...

I know the Low-Viz wasn't canon when it was made but a paint scheme, especially one with no special pattern, is easier to bring out than a whole new specialized mold.

Yeah, I'd still be the first to order one though if this dream does come true, because that thing is just too BADASS to say the least.

I managed to score two low-vis VF-1As. The first I paid regular price for, the second a little bit more on evilBay. Before my case of 1/48 fever had manifested itself completely, I actually considered passing on this one. I have no idea why.

I don't think collector's would be too upset if there were a re-release, given that Yamato pulled a similar move with the 1/60 CF. Murphy's Law of Collecting states that as soon as you buy something limited at an inflated price, a general release is announced. I wouldn't hold my breath for another low-vis, but if they released an S or J model, I'd probably pick it up right away. Another A would probably be too much of the same thing unless they did a completely new scheme.

I must say though, that this is interesting. One half of Macross World is saying, "I'm sick of VF-1s." and the other half seems to be saying, "Give me more VF-1s whether they're pink, camouflaged, or mauve." :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

Hey OE... I don't understand... There are people that offer perfectly good decals, or maybe just one, Anasazi...

If you meant along with the valks then I guess for you meant for free, which would make more sense as a request from the consumers, wouldn't make sense for Yamato to offer though. :unsure:

But you're right they do look better with decals.

Hey OE... I don't understand... There are people that offer perfectly good decals, or maybe just one, Anasazi...

If you meant along with the valks then I guess for you meant for free, which would make more sense as a request from the consumers, wouldn't make sense for Yamato to offer though. :unsure:

But you're right they do look better with decals.

:D

Yep, I was referring to waterslide decals that will come with the toy, instead of the usual stickers.

Anasazi and Takatoys do excellent work on their decals, and I say major props to them, however, there are some guys here, like me, that cannot afford and extra $35 for 1/48 decals, so I was hoping Yamato [may] pity us fools and give use decals. :D

That Rusty Valk looks pretty good. ;) More variants would be great. Montarvillois had a great idea by not adding any markings to the Valk. Just imagine a Military-colored Valk with no squad markings on it, just begging for endless customizing. :D

Makes my mouth water (and my wallet ache... just imagine how many could be bought and customized :blink: )

Damn right we need more low vis!

Perhaps a slight variation so that some the limited edition "investors" don't gripe.

1 question.... What price would be reasonable for a limited edition one?

Would $180 (total) be a reasonable price? or is that a rip off? ;)

Considering the low-vis 1A was a "limited edition" and was the same price as any other 1/48 Valk without FAST packs, then I'd say yes: anything over $135 would be a rip-off.

well, guys ....esp singapore macross fans....... if u wanna look for the low viz,

u can go to action city at plaza singapura to look.. cos the last time i was there (about one mth ago)

there was still about 4-5 pieces left....... they retail at SGD$219.90....

Good luck! :D

The stands are great! I will order one daddy long legs and 1 standard stand.

about the low vis,....here at downtown sydney, a model shop is selling one for AU$ 328.00!!!!!!!!! What a ripper! No bloody way i am buying that!!!!

Its still cheaper to order 1 via HLJ or any other online shop.

WTF?! Tell that guy to go shove his head up his ass, thats extortion! What a wanker! :angry:

blech, one low vis is enough.

I didn't grow up watching the adventures of Bulky Lee.

Word.

I know for sure I'd rather have 1/48 VF-1 Macross valks like these -

Cannon Fodder

SuperOstrich

Elintseeker

GBP armor

VF-1D

Max & Milia 1J's

Max DYRL 1S

I could go on all day...