2 hours ago, dizman said:

Hah I've thought about it, there's even a group of guys that import them and convert them to LHD. http://lefthandutes.com/

considering they sell left hand drive SS sedans stateside this would be an easy conversion for them. The Commodores platform was designed to be ambidextrous in that respect. So im sure the ute is no different. 

Go for it! :D

Edited by spanner

Something a little different.. Dick Johnson's Bathurst 1000 qualifying lap crash in 1983.

my family and I were there that year for the top ten shootout and we saw the car after it was returned to the pit area. What a mess! This car was friggin awesome! it had such a powerful track presence! The monster of the grid! Such a shame it ended up being destroyed. Miraculously Dick still competed the race in a similar car purchased from another team and hastily repainted overnight to the same color scheme and fitted with his own engine. Lining up on the grid with the fresh paint on the car still wet! But his race was plagued with troubles and Dick described the of the car as "handles like a pig"! He retired only a few hours into the race. A year he would dearly like to forget.