Most of if was great!!!! "The American" was kind of annoying and the dead celebrity gag was just kinda weird, but minor wrinkles in an otherwise great show. Jeremy's smile in the opening sequence when James and Richard pull up and then when they smile back was work every single second of the wait. Got a little misty! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by derex3592

I just watched The Grand Tour! and i loved it!

The boys are back in business!

Most of if was great!!!! "The American" was kind of annoying and the dead celebrity gag was just kinda weird, but minor wrinkles in an otherwise great show. Jeremy's smile in the opening sequence when James and Richard pull up and then when they smile back was work every single second of the wait. Got a little misty! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I also just watched the first ep of The Grand Tour.. can't say it was awful but wasn't fantastic either. it was ok I guess. Was it better than Top Gear? hmmm I dunno.. I stopped watching Top Gear a fair while ago other than skipping through the new eps with the new crew which I must say aren't any better and TGT kinda felt like a lot of the same. Some stuff coming across awfully scripted, some more so than others. But I got a couple of laughs out of it so it wasn't all bad.

I'll see how I feel and maybe watch the next ep.

Repainted the worn-away lettering on my engine cover, and pinstriped the molded-in-but-unpainted stripes to match how the others were. (3800's had red accents, supercharged 3800's had red stripes---but the V8's have unpainted raised stripes????). The V8's even have factory red calipers----I guess the brakes used up all the "red accent paint budget").

So, here's my engine cover----basically stock lettering color combined with the striping color that all other versions have:

(The lettering is silver, not white---just looks white on camera)

post-16-0-10711600-1479706416_thumb.jpeg

yeah that's kinda how I want mine done but I was thinking of doing the red bits in the body color.. heron white. My only worry is that it would look a bit tacky or cheesy.

my cousin got his HSV engine cover re-painted by a body shop and it looked ok for a while then the paint started to go funny. Maybe from the heat or not properly prepped before paint.

so what you reckon about the red side things looking with white?

I liked the new GT episode. I almost spoiled it... but i'll wait until more people get to see it.

They did warn on episode 1 that last week's episode was not car-focused, and it was evident when only one car was tested. Too much focus was on the trio's misadventures in the Jordan training exercise, which felt too scripted compared to their past adventures.

Also, killing off guest celebrities (even fake ones) is getting old. Yes, we get that The Grand Tour cannot have their own version of "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" due to logistic and copyright issues, so just move on with other parts of the show.

I can't say I'll miss the show, as Clarkson/Hammond/May have always been more entertaining. But hopefully, BBC will re-hire Tiff and Vicki to salvage what's left of Top Gear.

Tiff Needell's Fifth Gear Has Been Cancelled

Meanwhile, as dropping pianos on Morris Marinas seems to be a BBC trademark, The Grand Tour has a more sensible car to wreck.

The Grand Tour Is Leaving Crashed Priuses All Over the World

Meh, i enjoy watching the silly trio. I loved ep 2. A combination of The edge of tomorrow and Groundhog day. I loved it, and while they are escaping they still managed to review the Audi S8. So far to me it is 3 out of 3. It is a comedy show, and a chemistry thing. They just get a kick out of making it, and i get a kick out of watching it.

3 middle aged men falling over a lot. I'm silly and I enjoy the simple things in life.

Oh, and BTW, R O C K E T :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO0Uu_Zv8lk

Edited by vlenhoff