• 2 weeks later...

I watched new top gear on Sunday.

Any criticisms? Other than chris evans and it being a bit flat in tone.

Oh and the lack of Jezza, Slow and Hamster...

I sensed no real chemistry. And they're definitely not as witty as the trio. Hopefully they find their footing and make a decent show. I think Matt Leblanc was a good choice. I have no idea who the Chris Evans guy is.

Either way I'm sure I'll love "the grand tour" as much as I do the old top gears.

Ditto A7

LOL @ Capt America. Brit Evans is overly excited, and shouty. Then He tries to throw blows at Jezza[catering], the successful re inventor of his world famous TG. I found no tension during the missions, and the looming script through their conversations made me worried. The Change of the TG of track spoils everything imho, and it is no longer a reference to older lap times. I do like the rallly theme though...

I wanted another good car show to watch, and i hoped Evans would do well. Heck Leblanc wasn't totally bad, an d at least he was relaxed.

So now it is the Grand Tour or nothing.

Amazon prime, here i come.

I don't know who the Top Gear Chris Evans is, but he came across as someone who was over-acting and being overtly loud. Matt LeBlanc did good though. He has charisma and the right tone for what the British Top Gear should be like.

I hope it gets better.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying Top Gear America. This season's episodes are pretty good.

Edited by Vifam7

I bought an A7, it's very nice, amazingly smooth but with plenty of pep and handling. Definitely a splurge but was fresh off a three year lease so I basically got it for half price with 25K miles on it, yay! The steering is definitely a little numb but I've acclimated. I drove the thing down to Home Depot the other day to pick some stuff up. It was late in the day and I parked in the contractors area which had no cars anywhere nearby and plenty of parking closer to the doors. After being in the store for about ten minutes I hear an announcement about a gray A7 and the owner being needed in the parking lot. No good. I go outside and there is a newer Volvo with back end damage. Turns out the couple that owned the Volvo parked at the pet food store just up the hill and when the husband hopped out he left the car in neutral and didn't apply the emergency brake. Then, while he shopped, his wife and their dogs drifted slowly down the hill, picking up speed, until the front of my car politely stopped them before they could crash into the Home Depot. Fortunately, the car still runs and the insurance will cover everything; still a bummer.

Edited by jenius