Gah, ruined forever! (for me at least, now)

Personally, I can't think of a single car that had a large, low-mounted grille that I think looked good. I can however, think of many that had small, tapered front ends that looked awesome. (I do so love wedge-shaped cars)

Gah, ruined forever! (for me at least, now)

Personally, I can't think of a single car that had a large, low-mounted grille that I think looked good. I can however, think of many that had small, tapered front ends that looked awesome. (I do so love wedge-shaped cars)

This one ain't so bad

41491.jpg

Its Labor day, and I'm back at Hudson Speedway for what will likely be my last race of the year. The season is winding down and there aren't that many dates left on the schedule. Aside from the Halloween Howler at Star Speedway which can best be described as a demolition derby where laps count my division isn't running. The car count isn't too high because of the holiday so I might be able to make a podium spot with a little luck!

Without a doubt the scariest thing about driving a race car is that moment when you lose it in the turn, end up facing the wrong way and you see that one guy coming at you head on... It happened to me twice today. Thank god they missed. Started 8th, won't know where I finshed untill later in the week.

I also goofed and left an HGUC Nemo and G-GenerationsF SD Guncannon I had bought earlier in the trunk the entire race. :p

well it happened. my worst fear. I've had this car for about 7 or 8 years. was apart in the garage for about 4. got it back together about 4 months ago. haven't even put 3 tanks of gas through it. maybe drove it about six times and was rear ended. now the damage isn't bad but it will take a lot of work to fix it. not to mention paint that prob won't match. the fact its not going to be original anymore kills me. but I guess ill sell it and look for something else. :(

oh and fyi it was a 2002 last year when they quit making them and just turned 30k miles.

post-11570-0-34804900-1409845804_thumb.jpg

Edited by ErikElvis

I hit a deer doing 140 in my M3 just weeks after getting it (yeah I know stupid, but I was 23 so...). I was SO sad. The new camaro does look pretty darn great. Use this as an excuse to get it.

well it happened. my worst fear. I've had this car for about 7 or 8 years. was apart in the garage for about 4. got it back together about 4 months ago. haven't even put 3 tanks of gas through it. maybe drove it about six times and was rear ended. now the damage isn't bad but it will take a lot of work to fix it. not to mention paint that prob won't match. the fact its not going to be original anymore kills me. but I guess ill sell it and look for something else. :(

oh and fyi it was a 2002 last year when they quit making them and just turned 30k miles.

attachicon.gifphoto-26.JPG

That sux man! I had a white 2001 SS. It was a great car. Came from the factory without traction control for some reason...had some fun with it for sure! Still think that model was the best looking!

Sorry to hear that Erik Elvis. If I recognize the area correctly then it's one of the hazards of driving in S. FL, drivers down there are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Kind of on topic, some kid drove past me so past in a Challenger SRT8 I thought the doors on my Taurus SHO were going to fly off. Not that I was driving fast or zipping through traffic but the guy driving blew past me so fast I thought maybe we were in a race down the street and someone forgot to tell me.

-b.

This is Classic Motor Cars' Jaguar Mark 2, an 18-month resto-mod project commissioned by Jaguar Cars' director Ian Callum. The classic body is enhanced with a modern bumper and four louvers on each fender. It sits on 17-inch split-rim spoke wheels and is lowered by 30 mm. The entire mechanical system has been modernized with the Jaguar XK's 4.3 liter V8, 5-speed manual transmission, independent rear suspension and upgraded disc brakes.

2014-Classic-Motor-Cars-Jaguar-Mark-2-by

2014 Classic Motor Cars Jaguar Mark 2 by Callum

That sux man! I had a white 2001 SS. It was a great car. Came from the factory without traction control for some reason...had some fun with it for sure! Still think that model was the best looking!

Sorry to hear that Erik Elvis. If I recognize the area correctly then it's one of the hazards of driving in S. FL, drivers down there are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Kind of on topic, some kid drove past me so past in a Challenger SRT8 I thought the doors on my Taurus SHO were going to fly off. Not that I was driving fast or zipping through traffic but the guy driving blew past me so fast I thought maybe we were in a race down the street and someone forgot to tell me.

-b.

thanks guys. still devastated. put it in the garage and haven't looked since. KBIKE thats actually in delaware. ^_^

Chrysler has apparently just said: You know what. Fu*kit.

little-drummer-boy-o.gif

So what if it's a 4400 lb f'ing boat. The Camaro ZL-1 appears to be able to put up some very close numbers in terms of performance; but can't seem to get anywhere near the Hellcat in terms of presence on the street and sheer knuckle-dragging attitude, if the auto rags are to be believed...

Edited by reddsun1

thanks guys. still devastated. put it in the garage and haven't looked since. KBIKE thats actually in delaware. ^_^

Yeah, I'd be in the mood of hurry up and fix, or hurry up and sale - just so I start to get over my anger/frustration.

Delaware huh? LOL - I swear that looks just like a stretch of I-95 between Ft Lauderdale and Miami, shows what I know. :lol:

Chrysler has apparently just said: You know what. Fu*kit.

*snip*

So what if it's a 4400 lb f'ing boat. The Camaro ZL-1 appears to be able to put up some very close numbers in terms of performance; but can't seem to get anywhere near the Hellcat in terms of presence on the street and sheer knuckle-dragging attitude, if the auto rags are to be believed...

Truly. And again, I had to tip my hat to the SRT8's I've seen on the road - this however is just pure overkill.

-b.

Okay, how about this: stick that gen V LT-1 in the F-Type, and you've got yourself a winner. There is no arguing that Chevy makes some of the best N.A. small block engines ever. But the rest of the car(s) is/are sh*t.

ed: I take that back; they're not all dog sh*t, I guess. Sister's got a '14 Camaro RS/SS, and I must admit: I like it. She's tossed me the key a few times, "you want to drive it while I'm out of town?" (the fool. the fool! mwa ha ha ha ha!) Plus, it gives me a benchmark for how well I can make my 'Roo stack up to new-gen muscle cars, when I get it back on the road.

Edited by reddsun1