Is that supposed to be a Limo or a hearse made to look like the Bat mobile?

Not sure if it matters.

Acutally--we should definitely check hearse off the list; I wouldn't want to be caught dead in that thing. :p

*pause for groans*

I got a million of 'em, a cha cha cha!

Edited by reddsun1

There lies the answer ;)

I don't think he meant that in a bad way. My Lotus impressed me every day. This was far more important than impressing anyone else. I loved driving that car.

AM's are pretty impressive, true enough. But there's something about them, a certain quality that seems to upstage even Porsches, or Audis or Ferraris in close company. There's a certain, dare I say, haughtiness? to them.

To the inevitable stares of envy, admiration--and perhaps accusation--from onlookers that seem to ask as they pass by: "so, you think you're better than us, or something?" AM's quietly and assuredly seem to reply:

Yes. Yes I am.

I don't think he meant that in a bad way. My Lotus impressed me every day. This was far more important than impressing anyone else. I loved driving that car.

perfect example, i'm still thinking of buying a Lotus, the wife even gave me the green light, but i think i'm going to wait a few more years when the kids are older and i can manage to own less practical cars. People aren't going to drool over the Elise, it's relatively inexpensive, and the styling is divided but it makes you feel like a race car driver, no different than the AM making you feel like James Bond.

perfect example, i'm still thinking of buying a Lotus, the wife even gave me the green light, but i think i'm going to wait a few more years when the kids are older and i can manage to own less practical cars. People aren't going to drool over the Elise, it's relatively inexpensive, and the styling is divided but it makes you feel like a race car driver, no different than the AM making you feel like James Bond.

Basically yes... People would try to make fun of me and say; "nice go-kart." I would respond with, "dude, you have no idea.. its a go-kart that isn't confined to a kart track!" They would think about it, change the expression on their faces, then say: "oh... Actually that is really cool."

Finally saw the Lexus LF-A in a local market parking lot. Even though it was bright red, it looked somewhat bland and underwhelming. There is a lack of lines that gives it character to make it stand out. But the engine underneath is monster. So this is a wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Just got back from Seattle and saw a few nice rides, including a newer "A S T O N" in silver by the airport. Don't know which one, but it had the little chrome piece by the front guard/door line and smooth quarters. Refined is the first word I think of. Also saw a newer, white Lambo vert (Gallardo, I think) rocket around a corner and get on I-405 in Bellevue, winding it up pretty good. Saw some stuuuupid homebrew ricer crap too. I forgot about the Cali influence on cars in the North-West. Here in Detroit, it's more classic iron with other stuff mixed in...whatever doesn't rust away.

How cool would that be, if a sanctioning body like HSR were to run supporting races that weekend, let the rich playboys bring out their IMSA prototypes and old skool big bore sedans to pound the streets the same w'end as the F1 big boys?

3022307565_a278b28f96.jpg

24m-1888.jpg

that would totally complete the awesomeness...

Edited by reddsun1

Aston Martin resurrects the Vanquish name after a five-year hiatus. Based on the One-77, the new Vanquish is powered by a 6 liter V12 that generates 565 bhp and 457 lb-ft torque. Acceleration from 0-60 takes 4.1 seconds and its top speed is 183 mph. Not the quickest in the lineup, but still an Aston Martin.

2013 Aston Martin Vanquish

I like that--well, not that color.

aaaaaand...SHOCKER!!! It looks the same as every other Aston!!! :rolleyes:

Hehe, I kinda knew that was coming. I know some have levied complaints that AM just keeps giving different variations of the same old thing....you know--the same could be said for the VF designs from Mac Frontier <_< *prepares to duck pitchforks and flaming torches*

If I had a garage to park it in and a way of beating the year long wait i'd probably buy one... Maybe that year long wait is all I need for getting that garage though.

Anybody seen the movie Drive? Just watched it last night. Overall I'd say it was so-so. The styling was interesting, a mix of late 80s and modern with not much in between. The cars were not particularly impressive and I hate to see a Chrysler 300 used for anything other than cruising. I don't think Ryan Gosling was right for the part... he struck me more as autistic rather than the strong silent type. I'm not saying he acted poorly... just seemed like they needed someone a bit more gruff like a young Clint Eastwood.

If I had a garage to park it in and a way of beating the year long wait i'd probably buy one... Maybe that year long wait is all I need for getting that garage though.

Anybody seen the movie Drive? Just watched it last night. Overall I'd say it was so-so. The styling was interesting, a mix of late 80s and modern with not much in between. The cars were not particularly impressive and I hate to see a Chrysler 300 used for anything other than cruising. I don't think Ryan Gosling was right for the part... he struck me more as autistic rather than the strong silent type. I'm not saying he acted poorly... just seemed like they needed someone a bit more gruff like a young Clint Eastwood.

Hah! Young Clint Eastwood hell--should have let Clint himself do this one! LOL, could've had him leave his turn signal on the whole time... :p

Edited by reddsun1