Ok, so what the heck is an Evo MR?

I was rolling in traffic, getting ready to jump on the freeway when this silver 'Evo pulled up beside me, floored it and proceeded to start darting in and out of traffic, heading to the freeway on-ramp. I noticed the MR badge on the back and realized that I've never heard of that before. I'm assuming the car was stock because I've heard riced out Huyndai Elantra's with louder exhausts.

Anyway the 'Evo finally gets on the freeway. Traffic thinned out as we got on the freeway so I decided I'd catch up and try to run the 'Evo. Well, as I started to get close the 'Evo starts to pull away; I figured I should be able to close the gap but I never got the chance-we were running at about 135 for what seemed like forever when I decided this guy wasn't going to let me pull up beside him to have an even start, so I shut it down.

What is an MR? What are it's specs? Should I have been able to overtake or at least catch up to this thing? Was the 'Evo driver a twat for not letting me pull up beside him for an even start?

I tried looking this thing up on 'Wiki but there are like 15 pages per year of 'Evo and then 3 sub-pages for each trim level. Jesus Christ man, people LOVE these cars. I was in the '99 T/A, btw...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81952351/

LOL! the fu*k were YOU guys watching, let that bus sneak up on you like that?! <_<

:blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRfWcf3dCbM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRfWcf3dCbM

Oi! Fiberglass fenders?! "Aluminum and composite body panels"?! 'ow much you been charging people for them cars, an' using fiberglass?! You tossers! Edited by reddsun1

Here's another preview of Jaguar's upcoming sports coupe.

Several things I've been wondering about the C-X16. First, the price. I 've watched every video and read every article I can find and nobody agrees on the price. Some say the C-X16 is in the price range of the Porsche Cayman and others say it's to compete with the Porsche 911. There's a BIG difference in the price between those two; Also I read and heard that the C-X16 is supposed to be an "entry level Jaguar" does that mean it's priced below the XF? Also what about the 2013 XE? MOTORTREND reports that the C-X16 IS DEFENATELY COMING OUT AT THE END OF 2012. Well, is Jaguar going to lauch both the XE and C-X16 at the end of 2012 or is the C-X16 really just a concept car? :unsure:

I'm very interested to see Cadillac's ATS car and how it develops and what that will mean for the CTS. If the ATS takes on the 3 series and the CTS takes on the 5 series I'll have to consider them. I was toying with the idea of buying a CTS for a while but I probably have another 2 years before I can consider buying a new car.

You know, I have NEVER seen a police car or an officer at a donut shop....

I've seen them. But that doesn't mean I think they go hand in had.

Just found out there's a shop that sells a licensed Scorpion jacket (it adds +10 to your driving skill), but their 1st and 2nd run are already sold out. No word on a 3rd run.

http://steadyclothin...AGES/drive.html

6WfXK.jpg

This might be considered NSFW, but have you guys seen this staged Supra video? The slightly longer version makes my day everytime lol...

Edited by myk

This might be considered NSFW, but have you guys seen this staged Supra video? The slightly longer version makes my day everytime lol...

I watched this video at work. Probably I shouldn't have since it involves something(s) coming loose.

Wow...Mazdaspeed2 with the 2.3L Turbo I-4 engine. I have the Speed3 and the steering wheel pulls to the right in a significant amount when at 1/2 throttle. The torque steer in the Speed2 would not be fun. It needs AWD.

I'm curious to see how balanced it is with a V8 up front. I don't know why they haven't put the new Direct Injected Head on the 2.0L like they did with the Sonata and get it's power numbers up to 276hp. Even with the V8 model, i'd still go with the 2.0L turbo, lighter, better gas mileage, and easy to obtain the same or more power for less money.

I'm curious to see how balanced it is with a V8 up front. I don't know why they haven't put the new Direct Injected Head on the 2.0L like they did with the Sonata and get it's power numbers up to 276hp. Even with the V8 model, i'd still go with the 2.0L turbo, lighter, better gas mileage, and easy to obtain the same or more power for less money.

My guess is: they want to chip away at Mustang/Camaro sales; and they're calculating that traditional buyers looking for a top-line performance model wouldn't even look at it unless it's got a similar powerplant. They're wagering that for [American] buyers the assumption is: performance image = V8

That's awesome! I love the new tesla. When my G37 retires I'd love to replace it with a tesla

Pretty cool cars, I hope they hit their price point, they have a lot of content for the money. Personally I think a big company (maybe an investor) is going to swoop them up, they have the best battery technology out and its proven with the roadster.

The thing I always tell people about electric cars is only to get them if they are supplied with clean power (ie not coal), it burns 6.5lbs of coal per day to put the needed 15-17 KWH charge for a 50 mile trip