what kind of power is it making over standard? you have to post up more pics! :DB))

Mine came with 268 BHP, and i use a Cobb programer and a 93 Oct stage 2 map. Yes, it is an OTS map, but it has been good to me, and i've had no problems. I replaced my turbo back exhaust and loaded the map into the ecu. Here is a graph in WHP of the power gains.

Tuning.jpg

I've loved my Rex ever since. I love it when my seat hit me in the back of my head xD

And again, congrats on the ride. I've driven the 2009 G8 GXP manual, and it was F****ing amazing. I really would like to try this newer Chevy SS here in 'Murica. You said they improved it, and I thought it was already perfect :wub: The Power was immediate and brutal, great turn in, with minimal roll. It was a memorable car. Sadly this G8 died in the houston floodings. R.I.P. G8 GXP, you were awesome -_-

BTW, i went to the gym the other day, and i found this

20160803_092225_2.jpg

Edit in: BTW i decided to illustrate my own scoop.

2010%20wrx%20hoodscoop%20macross.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Mine came with 268 BHP, and i use a Cobb programer and a 93 Oct stage 2 map. Yes, it is an OTS map, but it has been good to me, and i've had no problems. I replaced my turbo back exhaust and loaded the map into the ecu. Here is a graph in WHP of the power gains.

I've loved my Rex ever since. I love it when my seat hit me in the back of my head xD

And again, congrats on the ride. I've driven the 2009 G8 GXP manual, and it was F****ing amazing. I really would like to try this newer Chevy SS here in 'Murica. You said they improved it, and I thought it was already perfect :wub: The Power was immediate and brutal, great turn in, with minimal roll. It was a memorable car. Sadly this G8 died in the houston floodings. R.I.P. G8 GXP, you were awesome -_-

BTW, i went to the gym the other day, and i found this

Edit in: BTW i decided to illustrate my own scoop.

Yeah the Pontiac G8's were a nicer looking car than the VE Commodore's they were directly built from. I like the nose job they did on them. Much more interesting than the conservatively styled Commodores. Many guys down here would have the Pontiac nose fitted on their Commodores as a result! And some with full Pontiac badges applied! It would always make me to a double take when one would roll past dressed up as a Pontiac! Considered buying one such example but at the time they demanded too high prices.

And the Pontiac also got better engine and suspension tunes than the Commodore. Many who drove both versions said there was a noticeable difference in how each drove and it was the Pontiac which was the better. Lucky yanks! :p;):lol:

VE to VF was a huge improvement so that would directly translate to the Pontiac to Chevy SS! You should go give one a drive!

So how does your Subey feel with the tune compared to stock? They fly as it is so I I'd imagine yours is a quick bit of kit! Any plans to go to an even higher tune?

I'd love to get my SS dyno tested as I have heard a few rumors about the specified versus actual engine output from these LS3's.. Holden claim 407hp (at the flywheel) but some say its "actually" closer to 435hp! The word is Holden do this to greater differentiate the model from the 455hp HSV Clubsport as apparently the LS3 motors are dropped in basically unaltered from the HSV counterparts with the only difference being the HSV using slightly larger diameter header pipes to achieve the higher output and noise.

I'll wait till mine had a few thousand km's on it then take it to a dyno place and find out for myself.

My father and I drove one of those Alfa 4C in the UK and it felt quite good! Wasn't much of a fan of them initially but slowly they have grown on me! Though would I ever buy one? Probably not..

Oh and nice edit! B)) looks scoopalicous! :lol:

It is quick, it is sufficiently quick. i just want it to last for a while, so i am doing preventive maintenance at this moment. No plans on increasing power any further for now. i Just have a lot in my plate, so all my toys will have to play second fiddle for now.

Thanks for Scoopalicious comment!

Nice GTI. B))

As for the RX-9. Will be interesting to see what direction they take the engine, whether naturally aspirated or they go the forced-induction route as with the FC and FD RX-7. I'd love to see Mazda solve the apex seal issue and as well as improve fuel economy.

Also waiting to see what Honda has going for the S2000 successor.

Nice GTI. B))

As for the RX-9. Will be interesting to see what direction they take the engine, whether naturally aspirated or they go the forced-induction route as with the FC and FD RX-7. I'd love to see Mazda solve the apex seal issue and as well as improve fuel economy.

Also waiting to see what Honda has going for the S2000 successor.

The apex seals aren't really the issue unless the engine is using forced induction. Frankly, heat is the issue with the engine. Rotaries do not take well to heat, adding a turbo just compounds the issue. On top of that, the water seal is a thin flimsy piece of rubber that is just mm away from the combustion chamber. When that seal gives, it's rebuild time! On top of that, the FD was barely emissions compliant back in the day needing a precat and main cat. With today's emissions standards? Good luck. They could go NA 3 rotor, but I doubt that's the direction they will take.

The savior of the rotary will probably be an electric hybrid system. You get a power adder without the added heat and pressure while adding reliability and being eco friendlier.

LOL, I was totally on the voodoo with my RX-8 I was pre-mixing my fuel every fill up and had near perfect compression testing after 5 years and 60,000 miles, mine was a 2007 before they added the third oil injector in what was it 2011? to help protect the seals. I lived by the red-line a day rule, which meant I had to have fun driving the car at least once a day. The maintenance routines actually made me a lot closer to that car than any other I've ever owned.

I was always terrified of someone stealing my Cat, for a while there was a huge surge in people having their catalytic converters stolen off their 8's because of the obscene fuel /exhaust problem, the cat in those cars was designed with a platinum plate that helped burn off excess exhaust material to pass emissions testing, depending on your location they cost $2,000 to $3,000 to replace if yours got stolen. I have no idea what the platinum in them was actually worth, but they were apparently worth enough that people learned how to cut them off cars and steal them from cars with only a few inches clearance off the street.

Spanner, manual is the way to go IMO.

*snipped*

oh absolutely! manuals are like pizza.. even when they're bad they're still pretty good! :p:lol:

my cousin just went and bought a brand new HSV GTS but in auto.. still a thundering bit of kit no doubt but being auto definitely mutes them somewhat. They do have paddle shifters which isn't a novelty anymore and the only good thing about the automatics is that it auto-blips the throttle on downshifts which is cool but it only does it under certain driving conditions.. I have re-taught myself how to do that being back in a manual! Heel and toe is great fun (even the learning process!) and when you get it right its sooo satisfying! I test drove the GTS in a manual and its sh!ts all over the automatic version! But my cousin is a very lazy person and to be perfectly honest isn't much of a good driver anyways, so I guess the boring automatic probably best suits him.

Oh man guys. I'm debating selling 3/4 of my toy collection for a down payment on a 17 f250 super duty. I'm in love. And they have just about every option you can find in a car

attachicon.gifimage.png

I have a buddy that's an exec in Ford's truck division, he is VERY proud of the 17 super duty.

Yeah ford really stepped it up a few notches. Aaarrgggg I want it noooowwwww! Haha

yes! the new Ford Super Duty is a very nice thing indeed! ^_^ shame they don't and won't ever bring them down under to Australia.. -_-