The "factory crossover" was a resistor on the tweeter housing. As for "why glue"----nowhere to screw in onto. As I mentioned----no flat surfaces really, all curves.

I don't want it "exposed to the elements" so it needs to be inside the vapor barrier sheet, not outside on the sheet metal.

Pontiac Grand Prix---but it has GM's "Monsoon" system, which means all sorts of weirdness when it comes to ohms, wiring, etc. Very hard to replace/upgrade without completely rewiring and replacing the entire setup, from head unit to amp to speakers to power supply----just getting basic components that'd "function, without being the OEM speakers" was enough research/rewiring for me.

I'd have just gone through and done the whole audio system if I cared enough about the car to put new speakers in.

With that said, the pictures I can see suggest to me you have a metric dick-ton of sheet metal in that door which isn't even covered by the useless plastic anti-moisture sheeting, to which you could drill a couple of pilot holes and run some self-tapping sheet metal screws into to mount your crossovers. Mounting it to the door itself, rather than the panel, also improves serviceability greatly, not only for the audio system, but also for the door panel and the other components of your door, which require removing the panel for access. If you absolutely have to have your crossovers in the door, that's the route I'd go.

If you don't absolutely have to, your options are limited only by how much wire you want to buy and snake. Remember that speaker-level output isn't susceptible to interference, and can be run for long periods alongside wires carrying current from the vehicle electrical system without inducing noise. My Jeep's setup has both front crossovers sitting next to the amp, under the rear driver-side passenger seat. I ran all 8 front speaker wires along the driver side of the chassis, up the A pillar and onto the dash for the tweeters, then back down the passenger A pillar to reach the passenger door speaker. (Obviously the driver door speaker left the group of wires at the grommet for its side) Was it kind of a pain? A little bit. I was installing a new amp and redoing all the speaker wiring at the time, which is why I opted to go that route. If I ever change components, I can just swap wires and the hard work will already be done. I eventually intend to find the 5.9 Limited sound bar and add another set of component speakers, which will be run the same way.

Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.

The first documented crash of the new Camaro happened last month - during an official GM press drive, of all places. This dubious honor goes to a Jalopnik journalist, who was immediately kicked out out of the event. Sources say this was in retaliation to Jalopnik publishing an internal GM memo a week prior.

Someone Crashed the New 2016 Camaro During Press Drive, GM Vengefully Kicks Him Out

On the topic of the GM crash, it's a double win for me, because I don't care for the Camaro, and because I hate Jalopnik's Gawker Media clickbait bullshit journalism.

But you could tell he was going to crash as soon as he crossed arms. That guy's an idiot. Who let him behind the wheel of a track day prototype car?

Yeah, and some cars have manual transmission as an option.

Personally, I could never get used to automatic. It makes drivers lazy and complacent, and majority of car accidents (not DUI-related) are caused by cars with automatic transmissions. Most of those accidents are from people not selecting the proper gear (hitting reverse instead of park, drive instead of neutral, etc.). And automatic transmission invites drivers to do other stupid things like using their cell phones or texting.

And people who complain about driving stick and getting stuck in rush hour traffic should grow some balls. I live in one of the worst congested cities in the world where the average rush hour traffic is 5 mph. Sometimes, it's 1 block per hour.

Agreed. Unless you have knee problems, It is the only way for me since i was 14. Every car i have owned has been a manual. With that said many of my friends drive auto, and they are excellent drivers.

20150607_172743.jpg

BTW i just got done cleaning my pipes...

20150607_165101.jpg20150607_171431.jpg

OH, and no food was consumed in the interior of this car. There a place and a time for everything.

Edited by vlenhoff

The first documented crash of the new Camaro happened last month - during an official GM press drive, of all places. This dubious honor goes to a Jalopnik journalist, who was immediately kicked out out of the event. Sources say this was in retaliation to Jalopnik publishing an internal GM memo a week prior.

Someone Crashed the New 2016 Camaro During Press Drive, GM Vengefully Kicks Him Out

Ahahahahaha!

*screeee--wham!*

--"Ooh! I just fu**ed this thing up pretty bad. That's a problem..."

--"...Watch the exit on this right turn. Wall comes up quick."

:D

Yeh. Sorry GM. Didn't mean to demonstrate yer car's an understeering pig that's gonna plow the sh*t outta whatever's in its way when drivers get in over their heads. Which they inevitably will. <_<

Agreed. Unless you have knee problems, It is the only way for me since i was 14. Every car i have owned has been a manual. With that said many of my friends drive auto, and they are excellent drivers.

My current cars are both 6-speed manuals. It just makes the driving experience so much more livelier and engaging. It also keeps me paying attention more to the road and its changing conditions, like down shifting right before going up a hill or around a sharp curve. But I have nothing against automatics since I have owned a pickup and a Land Rover with automatics. With more cars being hybrids or electric, manuals will be extremely rare reserved for high performance cars and some work trucks.

I do wish that car insurance companies would give a slight discount for manual transmission cars. In the US, there has been numerous stories of car thieves giving up on the vehicle after not knowing how to use the 3rd pedal. So now a manual = thief deterrent device. :D

Ha ha ha ha, thieves getting confused with manuals. A thing i would never imagine i would hear, but i did see it in AreaSeven's video.

I think the key word there is "engaging".

You nailed it Ron!

edit in: typo

Edited by vlenhoff

Probably means there's little or no sound deadening, but the power-to-weight ratio must be phenomenal for its class. If I recall, it's also the only production car right now with no power steering, which is unnecessary for such a lightweight car.

Loud as hell, no power steering.

One of the valets at my building in Chicago is not strong enough to steer it.

I love the thing. So fun.

post-204-0-61631700-1434128778_thumb.jpg

Loud as hell, no power steering.

One of the valets at my building in Chicago is not strong enough to steer it.

I love the thing. So fun.

Of course, lol.

I'm totally happy driving a sedan. I'll leave this silliness to you.

Edited by Duke Togo

Speaking of valeting, I quit my job as a valet at the local Honda dealership. After a string of disagreements in operating ethics, they shorted my pay this week by a whole 12 hours, and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Fortunately I have my finances put together well enough that I have a good 3 weeks before I have any bills due, so I have a little bit of time to get the revenue stream flowing again. Now would be a very good time to get that recruiting email from IBM Softlayer.

Top Gear died when the Three Stooges left. This guy's just here to bury it.

Chris Evans to Lead New Top Gear Line-Up!

Do You Want to Present Top Gear?

I thought the series with the Clarkson-Hammond-May trio was getting a bit stale with rehashed jokes and uninteresting challenges. I don't know, maybe a new tone and direction will be a good thing.

Edited by Vifam7

I thought the series with the Clarkson-Hammond-May trio was getting a bit stale with rehashed jokes and uninteresting challenges. I don't know, maybe a new tone and direction will be a good thing.

If you want to see Top Gear sans the three stooges, watch Fifth Gear. Or don't, it's not the least bit entertaining. (Despite consisting of Old Top Gear presenters)

The fact is, there was a chemistry about the presenters that just doesn't occur every time you pair some journalists up. That's what we watched Top Gear for. If you want consumer advice, MotorWeek has been running longer and does it better, but it's stale and boring. If you want a half-assed attempt at being Top Gear, watch Fifth Gear. I just don't see Top Gear ever meeting that standard those three set for it, ever again.

Rumors have been floating around that Netflix is seeking to pick up Clarkson, Hammond, and May for a Netflix series. That could be interesting. No BBC rules and plenty of funding. Yes. Could be interesting.

Andy Wilman, "the producer" is on board with them for the show. Wilman re-invented top gear along with Clarkson in its current format since 2002. He actually quit the BBC as a result of the fracas.

They are in talks with Netflix. The team is complete, and I'm sure they'll start filming as soon as the work out the details.

For a split second, I thought it WAS a BMW until I saw the AR triangle grille. Are we sure this isn't just badge-engineered?

So, in more exciting news, I test drove a Mustang GT today. Mmm torque.

But I was just kicking tires. I can't afford a new Mustang, nor do I really want one. Air conditioned seats were nice though, I'll give it that.

Truly air conditioned, or is it just a seat fan recycling the air in the cabin?

• 2 weeks later...