Oh, Lord, can't that guy moderate his mouth? I feel that, at least partly, people are already gunning for him, so whatever this is might well be blown out of proportion. That said, he should KNOW people are just waiting for him to slip up, and that should make him cautious.

But, then, he is the Orangutan.

If anyone is interested, here is a petition to bring back Clarkson:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

944,160 supporters so far.

and yes, i already signed it.

It's already a given that everybody wants Clarkson to stay in Top Gear, but it's a question of how much BBC will pay to keep him in the show.

If he decides to call it quits, where will he go? Fifth Gear? Hah! That'll be the day!

Clarkson may well take the show to wherever, and wherever will hire him, because Top Gear as a show format is pretty much a license to print money. If he does, Pinky and Perky will probably follow. Why wouldn't they? They're getting paid massively to do what they enjoy doing anyway.

So, Top Gear the show may well die. Top Gear as a format will likely go on, depending on whether Clarkson actually WANTS to continue on. That's one thing I HAVEN'T read about.

Clarkson may well take the show to wherever, and wherever will hire him, because Top Gear as a show format is pretty much a license to print money. If he does, Pinky and Perky will probably follow. Why wouldn't they? They're getting paid massively to do what they enjoy doing anyway.

So, Top Gear the show may well die. Top Gear as a format will likely go on, depending on whether Clarkson actually WANTS to continue on. That's one thing I HAVEN'T read about.

The question is - who owns the format to Top Gear? BBC or Clarkson?

if the format owner is the BBC, then potentially they could replace the whole cast or just Clarkson. It that were to happen, it would certainly be a test to see where the show's strength was - the format or the cast.

If the format owner is Clarkson, then potentially he could take the format to another station. The problem is, most other broadcasters rely on advertising money and Clarkson would likely not be free to mouth off as he'd like to.

I think the point everybody's missing is, Clarkson's contract is up this year anyway. So are Hammond and May's contracts. Technically speaking, they're all off the show, and the BBC in general. The question is, will the BBC re-up their contracts? And that's a big question, indeed. Top Gear is the network's biggest revenue generator, and both the BBC and the advertisers looking for time in Top Gear's slot, know that Top Gear is only this popular because of how well the hosts' chemistry works with the format. Top Gear Australia and Top Gear Korea use a very similar format, with very similar production, and they don't generate NEARLY the viewership. And I have no idea where Top Gear USA went wrong, but it was probably in its History Channel ownership.

All that being said, it's no secret that a number of BBC executives are not fans of Clarkson's actions or personality, and they're especially not fond of his political incorrectness, perceived or otherwise. So there's a battle between these two forces.

And so there's a lot of speculation that all of this is just a publicity stunt. Which I might believe, considering the timing.

if the format owner is the BBC, then potentially they could replace the whole cast or just Clarkson. It that were to happen, it would certainly be a test to see where the show's strength was - the format or the cast.

I think comparing the British version to any of the international spin offs already answers that question.

This was a long time coming, but I do feel BBC have shot themselves in the foot on this one. May and Hammond have really stood their ground so far, and with their contracts expiring anyway, I wonder if they'll bother re-upping if they can't do the same show with the same format and the same group of blokes. And Top Gear doesn't work without the chemistry between the three stooges. Old Top Gear is too MotorWeek, and well, MotorWeek hasn't been doing too hot itself. And current Top Gear only works because of how Clarkson, Hammond, and May can play off of each other.

I also feel like, after all the crazy stuff the Top Gear producers have put the presenters through, they've each earned the right to box somebody's ear. Sure, maybe hitting a coworker gets you fired and that's fair, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong to do so. I think we've all had that coworker we'd have knocked out, if doing so didn't mean we'd lose the ability to keep the lights on. (Which isn't as big an issue for J. Clarkson, who is, you know, rich)

I'm taking down my Stig poster. It's a tad bitter now.

Well it seems Clarkson's idiocy has finally caught up with him. BBC has certain standards or rules and this was probably something they just couldn't excuse Clarkson for. Let's face it, there's really no excuse for physically assaulting a co-worker.

Darn shame that it had come to this.

Furious 7
Original Film/Media Rights Capital/Universal Pictures, 2015
Directed by James Wan (Saw, Insidious)
Written by Chris Morgan (47 Ronin, Wanted)
Based upon characters created by Gary Scott Thompson (Hollow Man, 88 Minutes)
Running Time: 137 minutes
Rated PG-13 for violence and strong language.

Cast
Vin Diesel (The Iron Giant, Riddick) as Dominic Toretto
Paul Walker (1973-2013) (Chris in Timeline, Jerry in Eight Below) as Brian O'Conner
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (The Scorpion King, Roadblock in G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as DSS Agent Luke Hobbs
Michelle Rodriguez (Diana in Girlfight, Trudy in Avatar) as Letty Ortiz
Tyrese Gibson (Epps in the Transformers trilogy) as Roman Pearce
Chris "Ludacris" Bridges (Anthony in Crash, Jim Bravura in Max Payne) as Tej Parker
Jason Statham (Frank in The Transporter, Turkish in Snatch) as Deckard Shaw
Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandrei in Game of Thrones) as Megan Ramsey
Kurt Russell (Snake Plisken in Escape from New York, Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China) as Mr. Nobody
Djimon Hounsou (Juba in Gladiator, Korath in Guardians of the Galaxy) as Mose Jakande
Jordana Brewster (Jill in Chuck, Chrissie in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning) as Mia Toretto
Elsa Pataky (Chris Hemsworth's wife) as Elena Neves
Tony Jaa (Ting in Ong-Bak, Kham in Tom Yum Goong) as Kiet
John Brotherton (Nova Starblaster pilot in Guardians of the Galaxy) as Sheppard
Ali Fazal (famous Indian Muslim actor) as Safar
Ronda Rousey (female MMA champion) as Kara
Noel Gugliemi as Hector
Lucas Black (Frank in Sling Blade, Kruger in Jarhead) as Sean Boswell
Luke Evans (Dracula Untold, Bard the Bowman in The Hobbit) as Owen Shaw
Iggy Azalea (Australian pop singer) in a cameo
Sung Kang (Raj in Live Free or Die Hard) as Han Seoul-oh (get it?) (Archive footage)
Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) as Gisele Yashar (Archive footage)
Bow Wow (washed-up rapper) as Twinkie (Archive footage)
Nathalie Kelley as Neela (Archive footage)

"Dominic Toretto, you don't know me. You're about to..."

Synopsis
All is well with Dominic Toretto and his gang when suddenly, Han is killed in Tokyo, Toretto's home is destroyed, and Agent Hobbs is put out of commission. The man responsible for these incidents is Deckard Shaw, a former British Special Forces assassin who is out to avenge his brother Owen. After a brief encounter with Deckard, the gang is offered assistance from a Black Ops unit led by Mr. Nobody to find and take down Deckard if they first accept a mission to retrieve a top-secret surveillance program called "God's Eye" from a terrorist group.

"Looks like the sins of London have followed us home."

Lowdown
Hot on the heels of Furious 6, Universal Pictures proceeded to do a follow-up to keep The Fast and the Furious franchise running on all cylinders. Due to scheduling issues, Justin Lin stepped out of the director's chair and was replaced by James Wan. Things were going smoothly as planned. Then on November 30, 2013, Paul Walker was killed in a car accident in Los Angeles. With the loss of one of the franchise's top stars, Universal was divided over what to do with the sequel. After months of deliberation, it was decided that filming would continue with some major script rewrites and Walker's brothers Caleb and Cody as his stand-ins with major CGI work on their faces.

Well, folks, Furious 7 is upon us, but how is it?

"This time, it ain't just about being fast."

Furious 7 continues the "Die Hard on wheels" approach from the previous film with white-knuckle car chases, intense fist fights, and unbelievable stunts. The comic relief from both Tyrese Gibson and Lucacris is still there as well. Consequently, while one shouldn't care much about the script in this sort of film, it just suffers from too many subplots and characters. Jason Statham, Djimon Hounsou, and Tony Jaa (making his Hollywood debut) feel like throwaway villains compared to those in the previous films. Dwayne Johnson, who helped boost the momentum of the last two films, is hardly in this one. Also, the sudden character subplots make you think the writers were scrambling to end the whole series right now.

But that's not really an issue, is it? After all, The Fast and the Furious movies are meant to be popcorn action flicks, and Furious 7 delivers in spades. As for the patchwork footage of Paul Walker's scenes, the CGI work is hardly noticeable, though there are some scenes that obviously show that Jordana Brewster is interacting with a body double.

"The thing about street fights: the street always wins."

In short, Furious 7 is the same wild ride that you're used to with The Fast and the Furious franchise. At the same time, viewers will be in tears with the finale, which gives a proper sendoff to Paul Walker. Where this franchise will go, only time will tell.

"I used to say I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. And I think that's why we were brothers. Because you did too."

Rating: B

pw-small--5527b15abf209.gif
"No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter-mile away, or halfway across the world, you'll always be with me. And you'll always be my brother."

Links
Official Furious 7 Homepage

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 82%

Metacritic Score: 67 out of 100

References
The Internet Movie Database

Edited by areaseven

Went to see Furious 7 last night. I highly recommend it. Far better than 6. Probably my 3rd favorite behind 1 and 5. Seems like the odd numbers are my favs. Good popcorn flick. Good pacing. Nice tribute to Paul Walker in the end. My theater was packed and everyone applauded at the end. I hope they end it here...but I doubt it.