The F40 is a pretty ugly car guys. You all like it because it kicks ass.

Ferrari F40! That car would be ruined without the square bookshelf spoiler.

As for the STi, I am quite disappointed they kept the EJ25. I was looking to maybe replace my 08 LGT with it but seems a bit dumb to basically get a car 7 years newer but with the same engine!

The EJ is a trusty engine which is relatively cheap to wring more power from but it is really getting old. The fuel consumption is quite horrendous compared to the modern turbo direct injection engines and of course the low end lack of urgency is another penalty.

Also, the F40 was an update of this:

http://vehicle-pedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ferrari_288_gto_side.jpg

And the GTO looked beautiful without a spoiler.

Going to be seeing a dealer tomorrow and maybe drive away with an '09 VW GLI. Done my research on this car and haven't found many bad things about it. Checked the car out top to bottom and aside from a few dings to the hubcaps, it was clean. Still, is there anything I should know about GLI and GTI's from VW people here?

Going to be seeing a dealer tomorrow and maybe drive away with an '09 VW GLI. Done my research on this car and haven't found many bad things about it. Checked the car out top to bottom and aside from a few dings to the hubcaps, it was clean. Still, is there anything I should know about GLI and GTI's from VW people here?

Had a Golf V GTI for a few years. Nice little car with solid handling, had some minor trouble with electronics.

My family experience with VWs in general is that they are maintenance monsters. I've never had one be rock solid for longer than a year or two.

Usually not mechanically, but the electronics seem like they'd be more appropriate for an '80s Jaguar.

Fun cars though, so it may be worth it

I've had 2 Volkswagen Jetta's. Awesome cars both of them and the first one (which I sold to a friend of mine) has been running for 14 years without a single glitch. My only complaint with VW is that their prices (both vehicles and service/repairs) have risen considerably over the past decade compared to other car makers.

The F40 is a pretty ugly car guys. You all like it because it kicks ass.

I liked the F40 for its design. They way it combined pop up lights with flush lights on the nose. The way the spoiler rises flush from the rear quarter panels(ok in this case the rear quarter panel was the bootlide sides) instead of struts on the boot. (On that subject, I cant think of any other production car with this feature, is there any other where the spoiler is flush with the sides instead of using struts on the boot?)

I started reading about cars about the time the F1 was hitting the road. It had already eclipsed the F40 by a league in terms of performance but I still liked the design of the F40 better. It was the ultimate representation of the late 80s school of origami car design.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

I agree, an F40 without a wing would just look wrong.

I am currently shopping a new vehicle and I had hoped the new WRX would be it, but I think I will be going with a 2014 or older WRX hatch, I am still undecided on STI or not.

Any other suggestions in the sub $40k range. Prefer RWD or AWD and no coupes. Me and a friend are rebuilding a miata for that coupe-life.

If the new Audi TT is priced the same as the current one, I would get that. I like the new car a lot and I didn't like the first or second generation TT. Too bubble like. But the new one looks great. I like it far more than the new Mustang. I still want to see it in person. Interior is tech nice too.

The way the spoiler rises flush from the rear quarter panels(ok in this case the rear quarter panel was the bootlide sides) instead of struts on the boot. (On that subject, I cant think of any other production car with this feature, is there any other where the spoiler is flush with the sides instead of using struts on the boot?)

Eh, you mean like the NSX?

My daily driver is an ultra boring Ford F-150, but, my Sunday driver is my late grandfather's 1989 Dodge Shelby Dakota, I took these yesterday after my drive since it was a beautiful day in Vegas. Fairly limited edition, each one is numbered, I was given this instead of one of my 5 border-line retarded and pretty much worthless cousins. I searched the forums and didn't see a lot of Shelby action so I thought I'd post these, yes I would like a GT500 or Cobra, but this thing is damn nice and a lot of fun. It has a 5.2 liter V8, posi-traction rear-end, custom interior and lots of other goodies, with the fun upgrades like K&N and some other stuff I've added over the years, I'm currently spitting out 203hp, which aint bad for a little truck.

post-12821-0-42740100-1395102916_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-81003000-1395102999_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-56026600-1395103084_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-28228400-1395103215_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-22190500-1395103684_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-24520000-1395103824_thumb.jpg

Yup, the NSX too. Although it is separate from the rear quarter panel (and is technically still part of the boot) but the design philosophy is there. But then again, the F40's boot and rear quarter panel is kinda fused but you get the idea of what I mean.

The original NSX with the pop up lights is another of my all time fave designs.

Regarding Toyota's cars, I'm still confused as to how that's been this catastrophic to so many people. Doesn't anyone hit the brakes? I recall seeing a test using a 500hp Mustang where they stood on the accelerator and the brakes at the same time, and the brakes easily overpowered the engine, bringing the car to a complete halt not far beyond where it would have stopped without holding the accelerator. I'm not trying to excuse Toyota or anything, as they should not be hiding stuff like this, but just sheer curiosity makes me wonder why nobody used their brakes.

Come to think of it, my WRX has had an issue with the cruise control holding the throttle open, causing "unintended acceleration", which I promptly put a stop to by using my brakes. My car only has 227hp, yet it promptly came to a stop. My issue seems very isolated compared to Toyota, and the dealer was never able to replicate or fix the issue while in their shop.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i like honda better (toyota's are like a grandmom's car, at least the feel of it.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This is the Delahaye USA Pacific, a carbon fiber and fiberglass homage to the 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Atlantic owned by Ralph Lauren. It is powered by a BMW 5.0 liter SOHC V12 mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. It's open for bids at the Motostalgia Classic Car Auction on May 2 at the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook, TX.

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Static-2-1920x

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Static-3-1920x

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Details-1-1920

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Details-2-1920

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Engine-1-1920x

2014-Delahaye-USA-Pacific-Interior-2-192

2014 Delahaye USA Pacific

Delahaye USA

Mopar stuff!!!.....Cool Dodge Dakota there TKing22. Didn't know there was a Shelby version.

I remember wanting a late 90's Dodge Dakota R/T with the 5.9L (360) Magnum V8. Those were pretty quick for a mid-size pickup back then and it looked awesome in R/T trim. Wanted one in black or red. Oh well... :p

This is the David Brown Automotive Speedback GT, a modern tribute to the classic British grand tourer. The company was founded by a guy named David Brown, who is not related to Sir David Brown - whose initials are on nearly every Aston Martin produced over the past six decades. The Speedback GT is built in Coventry and uses a supercharged 5 liter Jaguar V8.

2014-David-Brown-Automotive-Speedback-GT

2014 David Brown Automotive Speedback GT