...and to think the "peanut eye" or "blob eye" [04-05] was compared to a Corolla... The new WRX will have an FB20 2.0L directly injected turbo flat4 pushing 268 bhp. The new Sti will have the older 2.5L EJ... maybe no replacement for displacement? Subarus always look better in person, and they have never been absolute lookers. Yes all cars have front lamps and wheels, so they will inevitably look similar. The only reason why I bought my ugly Subaru was/is because I love how it drives. I love the way it grips, and the way the flat four sounds [with a perrin downpipe/SPT exhaust] is just amazing to me. Subaru engineers cars and then as an afterthought they work on the looks xD Maybe in the future Subaru will improve its styling. I, for one, think this STi looks ok, but that's just me...

Edited by vlenhoff

I really like the way that new Impreza looks, actually.

On another note and going back to a previous post the other day, I saw an R33 GT-R today during my travels. For some reason, it was missing its spoiler and had some funky-looking aftermarket ground effects on it. That now makes 1 R32, 1 R33, and 2R34s in my area.

post-1431-0-04289300-1390083163_thumb.jpg

Never saw a spoiler I liked. Almost always ruins the lines of the car.

For me, it's totally dependent on the car. The worst offenders are those awful after-market aluminum wings that people put on cars that were never meant to have a spoiler in the first place. Generally, I'm okay with them if they're specifically made for the car by the cars original manufacturer.

Ferchrissakes! How the hell'd I not hear about this before?!?

Schumacher's fate still uncertain: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/michael-schumacher-fate-uncertain-a-month-after-ski-fall-20140129-31lhr.html

Instead, all we've been getting in this corner of the world is endless updates on talentless pop-star nobodies egging houses and their escapades in traffic court. F'ing. Ridiculous.

Looks like the only cars that are salvageable are the 1962 Black Corvette and 2009 "Blue Devil" ZR1. The others are buried under rocks, dirt, foundation, and other Corvettes. Those might not be safe to recover. :(

I think the Gallardo he based it on is a pretty boring looking car, so the project makes sense to me...but the rear fascia is horrible.

The rest of the project looks really well done, but that rear end is looks like it was done in a day.

An interesting idea though. I'm all for people making their cars their own...even if their taste doesn't match mine. That's a well-done build, more power to 'em.

Never saw a spoiler I liked. Almost always ruins the lines of the car.

Ferrari F40! That car would be ruined without the square bookshelf spoiler.

As for the STi, I am quite disappointed they kept the EJ25. I was looking to maybe replace my 08 LGT with it but seems a bit dumb to basically get a car 7 years newer but with the same engine!

The EJ is a trusty engine which is relatively cheap to wring more power from but it is really getting old. The fuel consumption is quite horrendous compared to the modern turbo direct injection engines and of course the low end lack of urgency is another penalty.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Ferrari F40! That car would be ruined without the square bookshelf spoiler.

As for the STi, I am quite disappointed they kept the EJ25. I was looking to maybe replace my 08 LGT with it but seems a bit dumb to basically get a car 7 years newer but with the same engine!

The EJ is a trusty engine which is relatively cheap to wring more power from but it is really getting old. The fuel consumption is quite horrendous compared to the modern turbo direct injection engines and of course the low end lack of urgency is another penalty.

I agree, an F40 without a wing would just look wrong.

I am currently shopping a new vehicle and I had hoped the new WRX would be it, but I think I will be going with a 2014 or older WRX hatch, I am still undecided on STI or not.

Any other suggestions in the sub $40k range. Prefer RWD or AWD and no coupes. Me and a friend are rebuilding a miata for that coupe-life.