Over a year ago, Ford released a special edition Mustang GT to pay tribute to the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels. Now they have one to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Air Force's Thunderbirds. This Mustang GT with a glass roof and custom body kit is the first unit to be produced for the 2014 model year and will be auctioned for charity at AirVenture Oshkosh 2013. The proceeds will go to Experimental Aircraft Association's Young Eagles organization, which provides free flights to aspiring young pilots.

2014-US-Air-Force-Thunderbirds-Edition-F

2014 U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Edition Ford Mustang GT

Got my first 100+mph speeding ticket (in my Z06) today out in the middle of nowhere on a 2 lane road with no side roads coming on to it for like 2 miles. Nobody around EXCEPT the one Sheriff who clocked me at 100....in a 45..LOL....that 's gonna sting a bit I'm afraid! Should have bought a good radar detector instead of that Yamato VF-4!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Got mine a week apart in the same place. Didn't know they did the speed trap outside their usual hours from 10 am to 2.30 pm. The place has a 30mph speed limit which is just outside the palace. First I did was 40mph and the second was 60mph. It was in the NSX. The second one when I got caught another car a BMW M5 was also stopped.

Novitec takes a Lamborghini Aventador and takes it to 11. The Novitec Torado Lamborghini Aventador sports a new body kit and interior trim in carbon fiber. Under the hood, the V12 is tuned and re-mapped to generate 700 bhp. Novitec is currently developing a Bi-compressor engine that does up to 1,000 bhp.

2013-Novitec-Torado-Lamborghini-Aventado

2013 Novitec Torado Lamborghini Aventador

I agree! The Aventador is perfect as is. I think that I'm in the minority that prefers cars looking the way the manufacturer designed it.

1 in 100 bodykits actually enhance the looks of a car.

Maybe it is just me but when I see some of these companies customizing super cars I always find myself asking why. At a certain point are you really going to feel an extra 100 hp when your car is already pushing 600 hp+ and the car already goes well over 200 mph? Does 212 mph really feel that much different from 202 in a car? As dumb as this sounds I tend to like the factory designs on cars far more often then customized versions of these super cars.

They ruined a Lambo. Ricing out ANY car is bad. It's just so much worse when it's ACTUALLY a good-looking high-performance car to start with. Now it actually looks like a cheaper car a teenager may own. Just needs a few more stickers to be truly highschool-ish.

• 2 weeks later...

The Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept is like other recent homages to the legendary Lancia Stratos - except that it can actually go off-road. Its body is made of carbon fiber and aluminum panels, and it is powered by a 550 bhp Lamborghini Gallardo V10 engine mated to the Audi R8 V10's 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

2013-Italdesign-Giugiaro-Parcour-Concept

2013-Italdesign-Giugiaro-Parcour-Roadste

2013 Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Concept

2013 Italdesign Giugiaro Parcour Roadster Concept

Edited by areaseven

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby may be a work of fiction, but a couple of real-life incidents at Talladega Superspeedway mirrored the film. At the 2009 Aaron's 499 race, Carl Edwards crashed violently on the final lap. Edwards got out of his wrecked car and jogged to the finish line, just as Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard did in the film's final race.

In 2012, Kurt Busch struggled with little or no sponsorship in his team after having left Penske Racing. So at the 2012 Aaron's 499 race, Busch's car sported the familiar colors of Ricky Bobby's "ME" car, complete with the cougar on the hood.

51%20busch%20me_7z0.jpg

busch05.jpg

original.jpg