Not a single F-uck was given that day by everybody.

I have seen that kind of thing many times in China. Many people there are new to driving so they behave like angry children.

Got my first 100+mph speeding ticket (in my Z06) today out in the middle of nowhere on a 2 lane road with no side roads coming on to it for like 2 miles. Nobody around EXCEPT the one Sheriff who clocked me at 100....in a 45..LOL....that 's gonna sting a bit I'm afraid! Should have bought a good radar detector instead of that Yamato VF-4!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Got my first 100+mph speeding ticket (in my Z06) today out in the middle of nowhere on a 2 lane road with no side roads coming on to it for like 2 miles. Nobody around EXCEPT the one Sheriff who clocked me at 100....in a 45..LOL....that 's gonna sting a bit I'm afraid! Should have bought a good radar detector instead of that Yamato VF-4!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the club. Got mine 3 days after I bought my 370z.

This is a nice place for us all to put our best ticket stories.

Mine was was in my '70 SS454. I was heading to grab an afternoon burger with a friend and got caught in this terrible "school's out" traffic. Took me 20 minutes to go 2 miles, so when the road opened up, so did I. Down a nice grade and then we shot up the next hill like we had wings. The car was too loud to hear anything at full throttle, but in retrospect I think my buddy might have tried to yell something about cops or somesuch.

Aaaaanyway, at the top of the hill I'm sitting across from the burger joint at a light, and I look in the mirror and see a christmas tree worth of flashing lights.

So I pull into the parking lot and give the best mea culpa I can. "I haven't had the car long..." "It can sort of get away from ya, ya know...?" "My speed? Uh, the tach sort of obscures the speedo, was it bad?"

Turns out I was somewhere in the triple digits, twice the posted limit, and I wasn't alone on the road. Felt safe at the time, but that's youth for ya.

The cops were quite understanding and I didn't get towed and I didn't have to take a trip to the station. It was a hell of a ticket, but everything considered I got off light.

What's yours?

Edited by Phyrox

Since I was on the Turnpike here in FL, the Highway Patrol officer only gave me a "Violation of Traffic Control Device" of about $275. In reality I should have been given a much higher one or possibly arrested.

I think you got your priorities right, after all, nobody will buy your mint-condition popo detector for $500+ in 10 years. :lol:

So my first ticket was when I was heading back from SFO after dropping my mother in-law off. I was in a hurry to get back and in my BMW 328i I was pulled over, luckily I was in uniform so in a 70mph(freeway) I was doing 84mph, he asked me how fast I was going and I told him "78ish" and then he showed me the LIDAR unit then reduced it to 76mph. Ticket was forgiven with an online traffic school.

Second time was in a government vehicle heading towards Edwards AFB. Damn polar bear caught me in a POS Dodge Grand Caravan going 101mph, had to go to traffic court in Kern County so I had to spend the night in the area about 9 months later. Money spent on a lawyer was wasted(sort of) and the officer reduced my offense to cruising in neutral. That one hurt my insurance since it still went on my record.

When I lived in Japan I got two tickets each for 7000JPY all due to trying to take the shortcut home on a street that's closed between 7-10AM. That writeup took a long time since it was my first offense. The second time a traffic sign saying one-way was not even visible, the car behind me was pulled over and I thought I was good to go, and just before I get to my apartment the other cop got out to handle the first offender, then his buddy ran me down in the patrol car. That ticket took 15 minutes :lol:

I cannot put my story in print.. I would have gone to jail if the cop hadn't let me off. It was in my Lotus, and I was going very fast.

Awwww. Tease. ^_^ C'mon, spill! Spill!

Ah, memories. Mine was for a backing-off 93 in a 65. Some wanker in a Geo Tracker was chasing me to get a look at the 'Roo and getting too close for comfort, so I decided to put some space between us, and give him the goodbye. I come around a gentle bend on the bypass, and the inner voice says: you'd better ease out of it. Just as I'm about to lift, sure enough, tucked behind a little knoll in the median was a state trooper. I knew he had me by the short and curlys, so I immediately slow down and pull off to the side. Surprisingly, the trooper was cordial, even told me: "I was surprised you pulled over. If you had'a kept going, I would have never caught up with you." *DOH!* I think I was still in triple-digit territory; he said he was "going to put 93 on the citation to help me out."

ed: in hindsight, it was kind of funny when, as he walked up to the car, I had to stick my hand out the window and point him over to the right side of the car. He even got a little chuckle out of it. I think he appreciated being a little further away from the shoulder while he worked. ^_^

Edited by reddsun1

I feel like Im jinxing myself even typing this but Ive done multiple 130 mph romps in my old turbo eclipse and my current Camaro SS(2002). But the Camaro has been apart in my garage for 4 years so that has saved me from a ticket I think. My Honda fit may have seen 90 once. I drive that for MPG pretty much all of the time. But put me in something fast and I cant control myself. Thats why I bought a Harley instead of a sport bike. :ph34r:

Are you a girl?

I don't think hot girls even have that much luck. I drove a tuned black tinted Corvette when I was 17-21. I was pulled over constantly on suspicion of being a drug dealer (It was a C4 in the late 90s so it wasn't immediately evident to most cops that I was driving a mid 80s piece of crap Corvette since the C4 body was around so long). I even endured an illegal search of my car once. What makes me think it was illegal? I came back to my car (having left it unlocked and legally parked) and found cops sifting through it! Anyway, I was raised to be very polite and respectful to law enforcement and generally after a 2 minute conversation the cops would send me on my way... sometimes with a warning if they actually had some reason to pull me over. Most of the time it was stuff like no front license plate, blacked out tail lights, 'a little loud', 'heard your tires chirp', or something along those lines. The 13th time I was pulled over I was doing 85 in a 65.

Welcome to the club. Got mine 3 days after I bought my 370z.

I got mine years ago in a 2002 Honda Civic. They clocked me at 120 mph (75 zone?) and I was still pulling away. Luckily they didn't impound my car and arrest me but they could have. I think the ticket was like $426 or something like that.

Ever since I purchased my 370 , I hate visiting my parents. Every time I visit them I get pulled over. I have yet to get a ticket. They just live in a very good ol boy county in Central Florida and damn it pisses me off. I had cop pull up and as what I was doing at the ATM. With me, I tend to have authority issues so I am surprised it hasn't escalated yet. Sucks when you have nice car and cops just target you to try and make a point.

Ever since I purchased my 370 , I hate visiting my parents. Every time I visit them I get pulled over. I have yet to get a ticket. They just live in a very good ol boy county in Central Florida and damn it pisses me off. I had cop pull up and as what I was doing at the ATM. With me, I tend to have authority issues so I am surprised it hasn't escalated yet. Sucks when you have nice car and cops just target you to try and make a point.

Maybe if you had American muscle they wouldn't hate as much?

Maybe if you had American muscle they wouldn't hate as much?

That doesn't always help. With the SS I mentioned above I'd often have cops do U-turns on highways to follow me when I was out for an evening cruise. I've had cops grill me on the car's ownership history and ask for reg. when I was sitting near it reading at a park. Fast car's just set off alpha male alarm bells in a lot of cops I think.

I'm super boring and don't drive above 80 on the freeway. Of course cops hate me for no reason and tickets in california are stupid expensive so it's for the best. My only speeding ticket was $450 for 43 in a 25 (which was totally bullshit, I wasn't going that fast). on a residential street a block from my house as I was leaving it.

I always went 100-110 in my Mustang in California and Nevada without ever getting pulled over. The only time I ever got pulled over was in Tacoma, WA, when I did 60 in a 50 mph freeway overpass. The female officer who pulled me over asked me if I had anything to drink and if I was in the military (there's a naval base nearby). After finding out that I had a Red Bull and I wasn't in the military, she let me go.

With a total worldwide earning of US$682 million, Furious 6 is undoubtedly the box office champ among car movies. Universal execs were so impressed by the numbers that they've ordered for Fast & Furious 7 to begin production this August, with a release date of July 11, 2014. Due to pressure over the production schedule, Justin Lin has vacated the director's chair, ending a stint that lasted four movies and seven years. Taking over his spot is Malaysian director James Wan (Saw, Insidious). Vin Diesel and Paul Walker will return as Toretto and Brian, respectively. Dwayne Johnson may or may not reprise his role as Hobbs due to his commitment on an upcoming Hercules movie. Diesel announced that F&F7 will take place in L.A., Tokyo and the Middle East (most likely Dubai).

Fans were saddened by Gisele's death in Furious 6, but in perspective, it made a lot of sense with how Han's character was portrayed in Tokyo Drift. While he was a rather lively character in Fast & Furious 4-6, he was very emo in Tokyo Drift, having lost his loved one before moving to Tokyo. And while Furious 6 ended with Han's death in Tokyo Drift, it is unknown if the Tokyo Drift main cast will return for F&F7.

In the meantime, check out this fan-made trailer before Universal slaps a C&D on the YouTube channel.

That doesn't always help. With the SS I mentioned above I'd often have cops do U-turns on highways to follow me when I was out for an evening cruise. I've had cops grill me on the car's ownership history and ask for reg. when I was sitting near it reading at a park. Fast car's just set off alpha male alarm bells in a lot of cops I think.

It's probably that they hate that the fastest car they drive is for work. :lol:

Their wives control all the money and denied them the nice little sports car, so they hate seeing people in nice cars having fun while they're hating life in the minivan/soccer mom mobile.

I get this crap at work from my supervisors, "You paid that much for a BMW?!" Why yes I did, I'm sorry I didn't get married or have kids my first year in the military, or as a teenager in high school, sorry I don't see my car as a Point A to Point B experience, I'm sorry you're stuck with your Nissan/Toyota/Honda/anything you're not happy with because you did all of the above mentioned. Get nice cars when you're young before your kids get too damned grown. :rolleyes:

I may not have the fastest car, but it makes me happy and I get compliments and my 3 year old daughter loves it. :D

To be fair, that may not always be the case. The guy that owns both these cars is a cop...

8266_Ford-XB-GT-Falcon_6.jpg

0.jpg

Both of these are pretty hot rides, to me.

I didn't say ALL cops! :lol:

Some of those Nissan/Toyota/Hondas aren't exactly cheap, either. Not to mention there are some BMW models that are cheaper than the high-end Japanese cars.

Oh, you mean the re-badged ones for the US market? :lol: I know that, but what I see at work, yeah, definitely not the case.

In 2010, Jaguar first unveiled their C-X75 prototype to celebrate the company's 75th anniversary. It is a hybrid supercar powered by a 502 bhp turbo & supercharged 1.6 liter inline-4 engine paired with two electric motors that make 390 bhp, totaling to 892 bhp and over 738 lb-ft torque. Performance numbers suggest a 0-62 mph acceleration of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 220 mph. Yet despite its supercar looks and performance, it emits less than 80 grams of CO2 and has a pure electric vehicle range of 37 miles, making it as environmentally friendly as a Toyota Prius.

Unfortunately, despite extensive research and development with Williams F1, Jaguar canceled the proposed production of the C-X75 on December 2012 due to the ongoing economic crisis. Jaguar would have produced 250 units a year at over US$1 million each. It would've been a worthy successor to the XJ220.

2013-Jaguar-C-X75-Prototype-Static-2-256

2013-Jaguar-C-X75-Prototype-Static-4-256

2013-Jaguar-C-X75-Prototype-Studio-4-256

2013-Jaguar-C-X75-Prototype-Interior-1-2

2013-Jaguar-C-X75-Prototype-Mechanical-E

Jaguar C-X75 - Official Site

2013 Jaguar C-X75 Prototype

Hopefully they learned a lot from it before cancelling it and cancelled it because in just a few short years there have been big improvements in hybrid tech.... hopefully.

Pretty sure the money spent was not in vain.