*Liked how they tastefully handled the "two girls, one Vin Diesel" dilemma at the end.

Tej: "This is gonna be awkward...

Tej and Roman: "... but sexy as hell!"

Yeah, it's a good thing the amnesia blocked out Letty's "bouncer mode", or else Elena would've kissed the floor right about now.

*Despised the ridiculous stunt/action scenes that were too much for even THIS series. The original movie was great in that there was little to no CGI car-action; most of the races, crashes, etc were done with real cars and real drivers.

Yes, the tank and cargo plane scenes were over the top, but you have to appreciate that majority of those stunts were real and not computer-generated. The CGI spamming killed 2 Fast 2 Furious and Fast & Furious for me.

Seeing my Fast & Furious shirt on the night of the premiere I was asked many times which movies were my favorite ones. If I had to rank them I'd have to say this: #1, #4, #3, #5, #2, #6, or The Fast and the Furious, Fast and Furious, Tokyo Drift, Fast 5, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast 6...

Personally, this is how I rank them:

1. Fast Five (2011)

2. Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

3. The Fast and the Furious (2001)

4. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

5. Fast & Furious (2009)

6. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

I'd recommend any first-timers to watch all of them except 2 Fast 2 Furious, as it's complete rubbish and does not fit into the continuity, no matter how you see it.

Edited by areaseven

Tej: "This is gonna be awkward, but damn hot!"

Yeah, it's a good thing the amnesia blocked out Letty's "bouncer mode", or else Elena would've kissed the floor right about now.

Yes, the tank and cargo plane scenes were over the top, but you have to appreciate that majority of those stunts were real and not computer-generated. The CGI spamming killed 2 Fast 2 Furious and Fast & Furious for me.

Personally, this is how I rank them:

1. Fast Five (2011)

2. Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

3. The Fast and the Furious (2001)

4. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

5. Fast & Furious (2009)

6. 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

I'd recommend any first-timers to watch all of them except 2 Fast 2 Furious, as it's complete rubbish and does not fit into the continuity, no matter how you see it.

I agree with you on the CGI bit; as soon as they started that crap in '2 Fast the series left a bad taste in my mouth. For me, the "special effect" of blocking out the machine that allowed Dominick's Charger to do a wheel stand in the first movie was already too much for me.

It's funny, but when Fast and Furious, movie #4 came out, they said to "forget" about 2 Fast 2 Furious because it was lowly regarded but then they came out with Fast 5, which brought up more questions about continuity by bringing back Tyrese Gibson and Eva Mendez.

Also, are you sure about the amount of CGI in Fast 6? I'm pretty sure that opening race with Vin and Paul, the race between the Day-clona and Michelle, obviously the plane sequence and even the first chase sequence were mostly done by CGI. If I'm wrong I pre-emptively stand corrected...

Edited by myk

It's funny, but when Fast and Furious, movie #4 came out, they said to "forget" about 2 Fast 2 Furious because it was lowly regarded but then they came out with Fast 5, which brought up more questions about continuity by bringing back Tyrese Gibson and Eva Mendez.

2F2F is still an alternate timeline because of the following:

1. Brian was a fugitive that got his pardon after completing the job, plus he took some of the drug dealer's stash. Also, he made a lot more money in street racing. If this is the case, why would Brian return to L.A. and become an FBI agent?

2. In Fast Five, Tej mentioned that he dreamed of opening his own garage. He already had his own garage in 2F2F. He even gave Brian a day job and a place to sleep in Miami.

Because of these inconsistencies, I've just accepted Roman, Tej and Monica as "new characters" in 5-6.

Also, are you sure about the amount of CGI in Fast 6? I'm pretty sure that opening race with Vin and Paul, the race between the Day-clona and Michelle, obviously the plane sequence and even the first chase sequence were mostly done by CGI. If I'm wrong I preemptively stand corrected...

There's plenty of evidence on YouTube, but I think this is sufficient:

Edited by areaseven

2F2F is still an alternate timeline because of the following:

1. Brian was a fugitive that got his pardon after completing the job, plus he took some of the drug dealer's stash. Also, he made a lot more money in street racing. If this is the case, why would Brian return to L.A. and become an FBI agent?

2. In Fast Five, Tej mentioned that he dreamed of opening his own garage. He already had his own garage in 2F2F. He even gave Brian a day job and a place to sleep in Miami.

Because of these inconsistencies, I've just accepted Roman, Tej and Monica as "new characters" in 5-6.There's plenty of evidence on YouTube, but I think this is sufficient:

I can't say I agree about Monica being a "new" character. Her appearance in Fast 5 was just long enough to introduce the Lety angle; why go through the trouble of bringing back Eva Mendez if they were merely going to introduce a "new" character? Bringing back the same actress says to me they're bringing back Monica Fuentes from '2 Fast.

I wrote off Brian's return as a law-man as either bad story telling, or a defining feature of his character, in that he's a man of honor and continues to be a law-man because law enforcement allows him to deal out honor and justice as he sees fit. One of the many themes that this series heavy-handedlty feeds its audience is honor, duty, obligation, etc.

In all reality, it's probably just bad story telling, and I regard the Tej's garage continuity error the same way.

Edit: Actually, I'll attribute the continuity issue to something else: they didn't know they were going to do any movies after '2 Fast so that's why that movie ended the way it did. When they decided to pick up the franchise again, they just said to hell with it, continuity issues be damned, so in that regard '2 Fast would be just an anomaly; these movies are largely disposable anyway.

Thanks for the youtube links btw. My complaints aside I still love this franchise. Hell maybe I'll do up my Charger like the Day-clona they used in Fast 6...

Edited by myk

I can't say I agree about Monica being a "new" character. Her appearance in Fast 5 was just long enough to introduce the Lety angle; why go through the trouble of bringing back Eva Mendez if they were merely going to introduce a "new" character? Bringing back the same actress says to me they're bringing back Monica Fuentes from '2 Fast.

What I meant was that Fast Five brought back those characters, but not the story behind them. Sure, Brian and Roman mentioned they did "a job in Miami", but it doesn't directly refer to 2F2F due to the plot inconsistencies mentioned above.

Or maybe Universal could simply rewrite 2F2F to imply that Brian was an FBI agent all along, pretending to be a fugitive. But that still doesn't solve the problem of Tej already having a garage.

I rewatched Fast 5 when I got home last night after seeing 6. 5 was by FAR a better movie....that being said the only thing I can really complain about in 5 was the LACK of cars! At least 6 has some very cool rides, something for everyone!

well, finally got something better than my Yaris a couple months ago. Traded it for a SRT-4. Fun little car.

It is a fun little car, and like the Cobalt SS and other cars like it, it will take on established performance cars like Mustangs and Camaros and give them a surprising run...

230/255, it got a boost in '04 ;)

it's been dependable so far, having the two extra doors is nice. been averaging 25-27mpg out of it, more than the magazines that tested it did. Eventually I'll start messing with it: wheels, coilovers, a single-exit exhaust (don't like the duals honestly)

• 2 weeks later...

If Tesla really wants the electric car to take off they should take their battery replacement the next step. Tesla should own all the batteries and allow people to just buy the cars. Then Tesla needs to install their charger stations everywhere and let people do these battery swaps for a $60 battery lease fee. You can keep the battery as long as you want, charge it at home, or come back and swap it out for another $60 battery lease fee. As soon as your old battery is removed it starts getting charged and is given to the next person that rolls in. It would make their cars cheaper and people wouldn't have that fear of their batteries losing capacity over time.

If Tesla really wants the electric car to take off they should take their battery replacement the next step. Tesla should own all the batteries and allow people to just buy the cars. Then Tesla needs to install their charger stations everywhere and let people do these battery swaps for a $60 battery lease fee. You can keep the battery as long as you want, charge it at home, or come back and swap it out for another $60 battery lease fee. As soon as your old battery is removed it starts getting charged and is given to the next person that rolls in. It would make their cars cheaper and people wouldn't have that fear of their batteries losing capacity over time.

I was thinking of the same thing. Just charge the customer that wants to swap the battery a small fee and let them keep it as long as they want. Just return it for a new one and a new rental charge will be applied. It will be like Redbox rental for car batteries. That way, customers are not required to pickup their old battery.

Well, here's a pic of my E90 with a body kit. I'm doing a weight reduction of-sorts. My estimates so far sit at -70lbs after doing CF hood and trunklid and Forgestar F14 wheels alone. Plan on doing a CF rooftop from IND or getting a set of KW coilovers and M3 suspension parts next year, thinking of suspension. Depends on how my deployment goes next year over in the ME.

IMG_5285_zpse7d5970b.jpg

Current state of my car. Good that I'm collecting Macross nowadays. Stopped me from modding my car again.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.116187227860.97838.749462860&type=1&l=f6aa121df5

293511_10150319323962861_1785186341_n.jp

Nice! I did the opposite for my body kit lol! :lol:

I do miss my Valks though, all that's left are 2 Mighty Block stands, my LowViz Ghost and my 25th 1/48 VF-1. :(

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

Yup, I still like the NSX. Really, about the only Japanese car I like. But looks-wise, I think it's equal to nearly any Ferrari. Wish more of its styling found its way into their "mainline" cars, beyond just the taillights on the Accord.

Yup, I still like the NSX. Really, about the only Japanese car I like. But looks-wise, I think it's equal to nearly any Ferrari. Wish more of its styling found its way into their "mainline" cars, beyond just the taillights on the Accord.

Well I think the LFA is a nice one-off, the LF-LC is looking pretty good too and looks like it came straight from anime without looking like some of Nissan and Toyoyo's current stuff.

A lot of people have offered to buy or trade with their sportscar (mostly Nissan Fairlady). I still love the car since the first day I bought it nearly 13 years ago. Everyting check my list

- Comparatively affordable maintenance and running cost

- Low, wide and fast

- Six cylinder engine at the back

- No mods required to make it looks good. (I only convert to the fixed headlamp because the pop-up headlamp motor was going bad)

- Tested the car to top speed at 165 mph. Did not die yet doing so. (Two times is my max).

- To date the milage is 165 000 miles.

I reviewed this movie in the original MW Automotive Thread when it hit theaters in 2007. Since then, it's been mostly forgotten by everyone other than the fact that it was a disaster both commercially (US$8 million at the box office) and critically (0% on Rotten Tomatoes). But the real story goes beyond the movie, as it directly contributed to the U.S. recession. "How?" you ask. Here's the short version:

Daniel Sadek was a third-grade dropout from Lebanon who migrated to the U.S. in the 1980s. After years of working at gas stations and car dealerships, he broke into the subprime lending business and set up Quick Loan Funding in 2002. Within a span of five years, Quick Loan Funding approved US$4 billion in subprime mortgages while Sadek took home US$5 million every month. And with that money, he bought houses and every supercar available in the market at the time. He even flew a private jet to Las Vegas every weekend to play poker.

While he was enjoying his lavish lifestyle, he was engaged to soap opera actress Nadia Bjorlin. Looking to show off his supercar collection and help boost Bjorlin's acting career, he produced this US$26 million film, using money directly from Quick Loan Funding. Among the expenses was the intentional destruction of a Porsche Carrera GT in the film's final race scene. In addition, actor

during a fundraising event to promote the film (Sadek simply posed in front of the wrecked supercar for photos). Needless to say, this movie went belly-up, and so did Quick Loan Funding, as majority of the homeowners who borrowed from the company defaulted on their mortgages. In the aftermath of the company's closure, Sadek broke up with Bjorlin and was forced to declare bankruptcy following a string of lawsuits. For more info on his lifestyle, watch the CNBC documentary House of Cards.

And so, I present to you... Redline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnEqSPm1_g

Edited by areaseven

And now for an automotive WTF: Somewhere in China, the owners of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class and a BMW Z4 decided to have a demolition derby on a busy intersection.

As stupid as that was, I'm even more amazed by the number of people who's natural reaction to that is to cut over into oncoming traffic like they don't give a crap in order to get around them.

As stupid as that was, I'm even more amazed by the number of people who's natural reaction to that is to cut over into oncoming traffic like they don't give a crap in order to get around them.

Not a single F-uck was given that day by everybody.