STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Christ, another Target exclusive.  It'll be hard enough for US residents to score one, much less those of us in Asia... 😩

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

It's a good starting point, but unless they want to rename it the "K" wing, they need to do something to fix the wings.

Using more rigid plastic would be an excellent starting point... on the cannons themselves as well.

On 8/7/2021 at 5:34 PM, tekering said:

Christ, another Target exclusive.  It'll be hard enough for US residents to score one, much less those of us in Asia... 😩

Using more rigid plastic would be an excellent starting point... on the cannons themselves as well.

I actually never even had trouble with those, and I know why they use the gummy plastic for the long pointy bits.  I've usually been able to get them reasonably straight with some massaging and hot air/water.

The gummy wings wouldn't even be a problem if they locked solidly into the mounts, but there is just so much slop in how they "snap" in.  "Slop" is really the best word that describes everything about the wings and their mechanism.. the lever is too weak to hold the wings open, the wings are too heavy for the sloppy mounts to maintain an open position, and the whole mess degrades more and more with every re-release of this ancient mold.

It's still a huge step up from the old 70s toy, but it's sad watching every subsequent release get worse and worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the 3.75” front:  

Lots of carbonized versions of figures being released (including the Armorer and the Shoretrooper).

Re-releasing the 501st Troopers (for the army builders amongst us).

Stormtrooper 4 pack being released for about US$40+

And apparently, the Razor Crest will be delayed in shipping. 🙄

Pretty sure there’s other stuff I’m missing, but check out the usual Star Wars forums and websites for more info.

3 hours ago, Mog said:

Pretty sure there’s other stuff I’m missing, but check out the usual Star Wars forums and websites for more info.

If only there was a dedicated source for 3.75" news that ignored the deluge of other merchandise...

Thanks for the summary! ^_^

Still annoyed.  <_<

Could have at least packed a blurrg as an apology.

Or can I ask them for some interest for the extra time they’re holding my money and failing to meet their delivery date?

I swear it’s like Hasbro actively alienates people and makes it harder to purchase their products.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:07 PM, Chronocidal said:

Ugh.. they really need to revise that mold and un-fubar it.  It's a good starting point, but unless they want to rename it the "K" wing, they need to do something to fix the wings.

And go back to the original chiseled nose.  The stump is fugly. <_< 

Right on all counts; the size is pretty much perfect, but the lasers and wings just slump after a while.

I also think the landing gear is a bit short as well.

Pay a liver or a kidney.

Or hope and pray that Hasbro figures out their distribution and shipping issues and figures out how to expand their website to ship to countries other than the US or the UK IN A TIMELY MANNER.

<Mog’s not bitter AT ALL about the delays with his Ahsoka and Maul figures and the Razor Crest.  And just waiting to hear that the Bo Katan/Kuiil wave will be delayed. :angel: >

On 8/8/2021 at 3:07 AM, Chronocidal said:

It's a good starting point, but unless they want to rename it the "K" wing, they need to do something to fix the wings.

Spoiler alert! 

They didn't. <_<

spoiler.jpg.53e057ba5bd1200b7316da3b5f85434f.jpg

But let's accentuate the positives:

accentuate.jpg.afb2849954ed41e6ca47106f42966a0b.jpg

The packaging is great, the paint app's are terrific, and the Antoc Merrick figure is phenomenal.

246587864_Merricklikeness.jpg.a26aed4cc38430a1638db306a25bbe6f.jpg

Probably the finest likeness Hasbro has ever captured on an action figure, even!

150125414_prettygoodproportions.jpg.307d6b691557048d7d2c81516c5352e6.jpg

His X-Wing represents all the proportional and scale accuracy we've come to expect from this mold...

wedged.jpg.4de59cfb98f6a15b764016d3c6792c33.jpg

...and as usual, you can wedge something in between the S-foils to keep them in proper "attack position."

1808085396_thefixisin.jpg.6c9ea8f2469e203dd45e7ee33dcc80db.jpg

So this one gets a recommend from me. 👌

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Spoiler alert! 

They didn't. <_<

But let's accentuate the positives:

accentuate.jpg.afb2849954ed41e6ca47106f42966a0b.jpg

The packaging is great, the paint app's are terrific, and the Antoc Merrick figure is phenomenal.

Probably the finest likeness Hasbro has ever captured on an action figure, even!

His X-Wing represents all the proportional and scale accuracy we've come to expect from this mold...

...and as usual, you can wedge something in between the S-foils to keep them in proper "attack position."

1808085396_thefixisin.jpg.6c9ea8f2469e203dd45e7ee33dcc80db.jpg

You gonna repaint an R2 unit or get the color-changing droid to add to Blue Leader’s bird? 🙂

On 9/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, tekering said:

246587864_Merricklikeness.jpg.a26aed4cc38430a1638db306a25bbe6f.jpg

150125414_prettygoodproportions.jpg.307d6b691557048d7d2c81516c5352e6.jpg

No joke, that Merrick figure is beautiful.  Tempting to get this just for him (if I can even get one), but I think I have a box of at least four or five of these X-Wings I haven't opened in years, all begging for me to go to town with my 3D printer. :lol:

As much as I appreciate the modularity of the nose section in the updated fuselage mold, I do wish they had stuck with the original shape for it.  The first release of that had a dead-on nose cone sculpt, and I think the front gear was a little further back, with no barn door cover over it.  I can appreciate a functional door as a feature.. but personally I think that looks worse than none at all. :p  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new nose mold did-away with the rubber nose cone entirely, so it's not something you can just swap out anymore.

75716361_ss(2021-09-29at09_23.45).jpg.f2ec6959238989135e91cea28927fa1a.jpg

I've picked up two or three partial or completely wrecked copies of this one, just to salvage the nose cones, and stick them on the other versions like the Wedge and Red Leader releases, which got theirs replaced with a blunted stubby cone.

Boy I miss the days of toys with pointy corners. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 10/4/2021 at 10:38 AM, sh9000 said:

Youch.. The only one I ever saw close to that price was the first release electronic one for $75 (which I bought on clearance at $25).  All of the non-electronic ones past that were in the $30-$50 range, I thought.  That's a huge jump. :blink: 

Edited by Chronocidal

25 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That's a huge jump. :blink: 

The Slave I toy originally released in 2010 was repainted in Empire Strikes Back colors for The Vintage Collection in 2013.  It retailed for $69.99.

The exact same toy was re-released last year (in the same Vintage Collection) and is available directly from Hasbro Pulse...

...for $157.99.

"Youch," indeed. <_<