STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

30 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Oooh, thanks for that. I may get it, I love Slave 1. Anyone know what scale the ship works out to be? It’s obviously not actually in scale with the figures.

Chris

The Slave 1 looks MASSIVE in the show, especially the interior, lol!

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Oooh, thanks for that. I may get it, I love Slave 1. Anyone know what scale the ship works out to be? It’s obviously not actually in scale with the figures.

Chris

http://www.rebelscum.com/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars.asp

Not at all up to scale, even for 3.75" figures.  But bigger than the old Kenner one and looks like you can squeeze three figures into the cockpit area.

EDIT:  Seven years later, and they more than doubled the original price.

Edited by Mog

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars-006.jpg

E9647_PROD_SW_VIN_E5_SLAVE177577_d1c69ea

40 minutes ago, Mog said:

http://www.rebelscum.com/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars.asp

Not at all up to scale, even for 3.75" figures.  But bigger than the old Kenner one and looks like you can squeeze three figures into the cockpit area.

EDIT:  Seven years later, and they more than doubled the original price.

Looks like they're adding weathering effects to justify doubling the price?

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars-006.jpg

E9647_PROD_SW_VIN_E5_SLAVE177577_d1c69ea

Don't care so much about Slave I, but I wish they'd get around to re-releasing some of the other fighters.  I'd love to see an updated/upgraded version of Vader's Tie, or better yet a good revision of the large scale X-Wing.. one without the stumpy nose, and sagging wings.  The whole mold needs a do-over to fix that lousy mechanism.

15 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I ordered the slave 1 even though I’m not the biggest boba fan. I’d like an updated b-wing. 

There have been a few releases with some updates compared with the original ROTJ release, but they were years back at this point.  I made a point to pick up one some time ago, and it wasn't cheap, but I was glad to get one of the releases in the original markings.  I'd had one of the Dagger squad Toys R Us exclusives for years.  It's not the most accurate mold, but it's really good for its size, especially compared with the ultra-distorted Y-Wing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, was trying to track down a couple of Republic Commandos and the new Arc Trooper 3pk.  IF there is a particular new figure you are wanting, I'll try and get it.  Figured I'd try here as I wasn't fast enough on the draw to snatch one up online. 

• 2 weeks later...

Already pre-ordered Ahsoka and Maul on Hasbro Pulse.

Too bad they didn’t announce the Clone Troopers with the Ahsoka custom paint helmets (in the Vintage scale).

EDIT:  I see Aurra Sing and Koska Reeves in the Pipeline pic.  Who the heck is that middle person?

Edited by Mog

8 hours ago, Mog said:

Already pre-ordered Ahsoka and Maul on Hasbro Pulse.

Too bad they didn’t announce the Clone Troopers with the Ahsoka custom paint helmets (in the Vintage scale).

EDIT:  I see Aurra Sing and Koska Reeves in the Pipeline pic.  Who the heck is that middle person?

Q9-0.

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

Looks like they’re trying to mimic the color of the original Kenner releases.

Not my thing.

That's... a weird sort of nostalgia.

Like, the kind of nostalgia that would open a "Roaring 20s" themed bar, and then not serve any alcohol because prohibition was "in style" at the time.  :blink: 

• 2 weeks later...