STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Got my order in for the 501st ARC troopers set.

Those Bandai pre-order nights got me prepared for this, but it went relatively smoothly.

Considering all the crapping I throw Hasbro's way, they actually had their website ready for the extra traffic and did things to limit the scalpers.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:04 AM, Mog said:

I haven't been checking Hasbro Pulse every day this entire month to see when this gets released :angel::crazy::

Extremely disappointed these are not 6" Black Series figures.

My son and I gave up collecting 3.75" figures about 7 years ago. 

Now we only collect Black Series 6" Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers and Mandalorian figures.

I’m the opposite:  I’m practically pot-committed to the 3.75” line, and it’s kinda hard to troop build and display a massive crew in the 6” line.

Excluding ARC Jesse, ARC Echo and Fives should have been made a long time ago.

Just a massive backlog of figures that should be made for both Clone Wars and Rebels.

Same Rex they released some years back but now in the vintage cardback packaging.

Would be nice if they if they used the new ARC trooper mold.  Or at least updated so that it’s a removable helmet.

No pics of the Incinerator Trooper from The Mandalorian?

20 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

You all probably know this, but the Razor Crest is the next Haslab offering.  Correctly scaled to 3.75" figures: https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

This is the way...

4 minutes ago, Mog said:

Definitely won’t fit in a Detolf.

But still quite tempting.

Already confirmed Beskar Mando will be included.

If they add in Baby Yoda and his pram. . . :ph34r:

Just backed it, really hope that this comes to fruition. It'd be nice if a Child / Baby Yoda and IG-88 were included but I really just want the Razor Crest. 

-b.

I quit collecting all Star Wars, except LEGO, years ago, as I was already collecting Macross, Transformers, and LEGO, along with the odd toy here and there, and it was getting expensive and taking up room I don't have. That said, I've been checking out the odd SW fig when I see it at Wally from time to time, and I've been pretty impressed with the quality over the last few years, especially with the Black Series. Today's reveals were no less impressive, considering they're mass retail at a decent price point.  The facial likenesses have really become incredible.

I don't intend to get it, but I can't help but be impressed with the Razor Crest Haslab project- the sheer amount of detail and playability in the set is awesome, and as a display piece, I'm not sure what more a fan could ask for, beyond the inclusion of The Child and the IG droid, which I imagine will be included. I also imagine there'll be some various figs frozen in carbonite to go in there as well. The weapons locker is just incredible; I figured there'd be maybe one or two removable guns and everything else would be molded detail, but every weapon and piece of gear is a separate object. That's badass. Compared to what we had in the 80's and 90's, SW fans are spoiled for the levels of detail and articulation that are gracing the figs and the vehicles now. I hope the Razor Crest gets its support, even if I don't have one of my own.

The one fig I wish Hasbro would release is the 3.75 Hoth Snowtrooper. I have the 174 large AT-AT, a phenomenal toy, which I've owned for close to a decade now, and I have no troops for it. I have Gen Veers, and I have Hoth Luke, but I still need a second driver and at least 6 or more Snowtroopers to put in the back. I'm not sure if they've released these guys over the years; admittedly, I don't pay much attention to Hasbro's SW releases since I quit collecting, but I was hoping one or both of those would be revealed today. Sadly, no. guess I'll keep waiting. I'd love to have these with the current levels of detail and articulation.

This is the way.

I have spoken. . . erm, backed.

Mando in Beskar armor (hopefully rocking the signet), Baby Yoda, and the Razor Crest all in one shot. :good:

It'd be nice if they add a few more accessories, but I'm cool if this is what we get.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:10 PM, Darth Mingus said:

You all probably know this, but the Razor Crest is the next Haslab offering.  Correctly scaled to 3.75" figures: https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

This is the way...

I believe this is incorrect. It will fit the 3.75 figures but like their Falcon, it is not accurately scaled to them. 

Yeah, there was a guy who was building an accurate 3.75” scale Falcon, and it was pretty massive (makes the BMF look tiny in comparison).

If the Razor Crest was accurately scaled, it would have two floors.  But even at this reduced scale, it still makes a nice display and would probably look passable if you display it being chased by two X-Wings.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Yeah, there was a guy who was building an accurate 3.75” scale Falcon, and it was pretty massive (makes the BMF look tiny in comparison).

If the Razor Crest was accurately scaled, it would have two floors.  But even at this reduced scale, it still makes a nice display and would probably look passable if you display it being chased by two X-Wings.

IIRC, 3.75 figures are like 1/18 scale and the Falcon worked out to be about 1/48 scale. 

Chris