STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm not going to get excited for 6" figures.  I just can't see a reason to collect them when I'm more interested in the vehicles, and they don't make those in the proper scale.

Hasbro can't be bothered to make vehicles to scale, regardless of the size of the figures.  <_<

too_small.jpg

The larger the vehicles, the more ridiculous it becomes...

tiny.jpg

...particularly the landing ramps.

stuck.jpg

^ ^ ^ Ha ha ha, no kidding! I got that Millennium falcon and it barely passes as believable "in scale" vehicle, but I must admit, it is my favorite. 4 poeple cockpit makes up for a lot of it flaws. 

Oh no! A black series Snowspeeder... i must resist the temptation of the black side of the force... I already have a 3.75" speeder i painted myself, with Dak,and Luke in it... 

I believe that's the big Amazon exclusive Slave 1, yeah. I might have to get that one, as It is the last 3.75" ship still not in my collection. Last of the ships i want, as I don't own all of them. 

Edited by vlenhoff

50 minutes ago, tekering said:

Hasbro can't be bothered to make vehicles to scale, regardless of the size of the figures.  <_<

The larger the vehicles, the more ridiculous it becomes...

...particularly the landing ramps.

See, that's true, but I only collect the fighters to begin with, and some of them are dead-on, scale-wise.  The A-Wing absolutely nails it, as did the old snowspeeder, and the rest are basically close enough that a 1/18 scale figure can reasonably fit in a 1/24-ish vehicle.

What I don't understand.. if that's a "Black Series" snowspeeder.. does that mean it's actually 1/12 scale?  That's gonna be huge.

On the other hand, can I maybe hope for a Black Series A-Wing? :D 

Edited by Chronocidal

Snow speeders were not really huge in the movie itself, so it might be very close. I do love my black series land speeder, but i had to modify Ben and 3PO to fit in it. 

I wonder if that Slave 1 comes with that vertical stand. I don't know what to do... I mostly collect fighters myself, and i felt my collection was complete, even without the slave 1...

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

See, that's true, but I only collect the fighters to begin with, and some of them are dead-on, scale-wise.  The A-Wing absolutely nails it, as did the old snowspeeder, and the rest are basically close enough that a 1/18 scale figure can reasonably fit in a 1/24-ish vehicle.

What I don't understand.. if that's a "Black Series" snowspeeder.. does that mean it's actually 1/12 scale?  That's gonna be huge.

On the other hand, can I maybe hope for a Black Series A-Wing? :D 

I wish I kept my Legacy Collection 2.5’ Millennium Falcon.  It was still MISBISSB.

The Black Series Snowspeeder is 1/12 scale or close.

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Snow speeders were not really huge in the movie itself, so it might be very close. I do love my black series land speeder, but i had to modify Ben and 3PO to fit in it. 

I wonder if that Slave 1 comes with that vertical stand. I don't know what to do... I mostly collect fighters myself, and i felt my collection was complete, even without the slave 1...

I never got the Black Series Landspeeder.

The Slave 1 comes with the stand.  I remember when it was an Amazon exclusive that it was marked down.  If this newer Slave 1 gets marked down anywhere, then I might get it.

I think I am good on the snowspeeder, as mine fills the spot very well, and i painted it myself. That stupid slave 1 is the problem now. I need to get that DX 1S, so i think you can see the problem here... but the Slave 1 does come with the stand, that might just be the final straw.

Edited by vlenhoff

29 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

What's the difference(s) between Snowspeeder pilot Luke, and X-Wing pilot Luke?  

The difference in environments required a difference in costumes.  The helmet and jumpsuit are basically the same...

detailed_image_5902.png

...but the winter jacket, gloves, boots, and belt were all new for The Empire Strikes Back.

luke-skywalker-rogue-group-snowspeeder-p

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:26 PM, sh9000 said:

C574FFD7-2277-4BB0-AB22-CEBE0F1B0BEB.thumb.jpeg.d03961832cb2e2e6eaa0c43e0eeaa8ae.jpeg

3E4D4818-EBDC-46DA-982E-80CC6B4A618A.thumb.jpeg.a66880091662137f29884b02ada66bba.jpeg

Not too bad?  We really didn't get to see much of him, but it's not a bad likeness of the actor John Morton.

444977308_ss(2020-02-23at10_37.10).jpg.d90fa599865d288dbb90cbe2ba5fbffb.jpg1277863213_ss(2020-02-23at10_39.55).jpg.ff83d1dfff1fb9408af3c2c995606a69.jpg

I might have to track down one of these, but the problem is probably going to be finding the Hoth Luke figure to match it at this point.

13 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Not too bad?  We really didn't get to see much of him, but it's not a bad likeness of the actor John Morton.

444977308_ss(2020-02-23at10_37.10).jpg.d90fa599865d288dbb90cbe2ba5fbffb.jpg1277863213_ss(2020-02-23at10_39.55).jpg.ff83d1dfff1fb9408af3c2c995606a69.jpg

I might have to track down one of these, but the problem is probably going to be finding the Hoth Luke figure to match it at this point.

They're re-releasing Hoth Luke.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't justify that Snowspeeder, either in price or size, but I'm happy to report that my $30 Tie Fighter just got delivered from Dorkside, so that makes a pair to display on either side of a Vader version, if we ever get it.  Having shelled out retail for my first, that brings my average to about $60 a piece, which I think is maybe a bit high, but definitely more reasonable than the original $80 price point at Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...

so carbonized fett and stormtroopers....look cool, but i think way overdone?  seemed a more subtle effect on the mandalorian (at least from photos i was never able to see one in person).  also its weird seeing fett so shiny and the trooper so silver.  want that beskar armor mando though even though i've not managed to track down the orignal one(s)

• 2 weeks later...