STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Anyone got 40000k yen to spare for the 'PERFECT' grade falcon??

Looks like the link is posted abv, but here are some pics...real looker no doubt....the lights i hope are included...and if yes extremely awesome!!

millenniumfalcon_72_1_special_01.jpg

HYYYPPE TRAIN 

millenniumfalcon_72_1_special_04.jpg

millenniumfalcon_72_1_special_05.jpg

millenniumfalcon_72_1_03.jpg

millenniumfalcon_72_1_18.jpg

Edited by seti88

Oh wow. This is Bandai, right? (Nvm, clicked the video.) That's super sick, seeing the next Perfect Grade NOT being Gundam. The first Perfect Grade was Eva 01, and now the Millennium Falcon...

Shame about the scale, though. I mean, I know the Falcon is a beast even at this scale, but a 1/48 would truly have been Perfect Grade.

Edited by kajnrig

Well shoot... I guess if I can pay that much for the LEGO one years back, I can probably convince myself to get one of these.  My stomach is doing somersaults at the thought of how much it'll actually cost to import though.

I'd honestly be perfectly happy with one without the lights, but given their one-shot treatment of the 1/48th X-Wing, I'm not betting it'll happen.

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Would you have to do the weathering yourself or are the promo pics the actual paint job and all you have to do is snap fit like a pg gundam?

I doubt very much that it would come pre-painted/weathered. I'm curious as to whether some battle-damage will be integral, though.

I'm curious as to why they're releasing the OT version as opposed to the TFA/rectangular rectenna version. Unless that itself is a major clue to something...

Edited by captain america

13 minutes ago, captain america said:

I doubt very much that it would come pre-painted/weathered. I'm curious as to whether some battle-damage will be integral, though.

I'm curious as to why they're releasing the OT version as opposed to the TFA/rectangular rectenna version. Unless that itself is a major clue to something...

It's a major clue that the OT is better.

I'm assuming the TFA version uses the same model as the later ESB version, with the extra landing pads?  If and when that version gets made, they could just release it with both antenna options, and extra figures to do either an ESB or TFA version (or a broken version for ROTJ :lol: ).  But remember.. this IS Bandai we're talking about.  They love to only include enough pieces to make one specific version of anything.

Given the leap in quality between the 1/48th Fine Molds X-Wing and the Bandai, and the fact that the Revell re-boxing of the Fine Molds is nearly that much anyway, I think I might just spring for the Bandai one when it comes out.

Looks pretty incredible.  The 1/144 is simply amazing, but doesn't look that much better given that is twice as big, I expect twice the detail.  Weird, but I find the housings for the side docking rings seems a bit fat/tall, shouldn't they taper down a bit more so there's less vertical height where it connects to the circular conical docking rings?  Does anyone see this too?

I'd still perfer to get a perfect grade Imperial Star Destroyer instead.

If they can replicate all the detailing and proportions of the original 5-foot film model, I'd be extremely happy with this (though the pricing is killer...). Judging from Bandai's 1/144 TFA Falcon model, there seems to be a lot of extra piping added to the side walls that I don't think are present in the models used in the original trilogy. Plus the 1/144 TFA Falcon has the left sidewall mirrored from the right which I think is incorrect.

The 1/144 Falcon is based on the CGI TFA Falcon which does have the extra piping added to the sidewalls - aside from the newer rectangular dish replacement and the way the landing gear doors fold up which have changed from the OT Falcon.  So it is accurate to TFA - just not the original trilogy.  I personally find the original trilogy falcon sidewalls look a little stuck on and sparse after looking at the newer falcon sidewalls for so long. 

From what I remember, there are a lot of subtle proportional differences between the ANH filming model and the ESB version (which was the base for the TFA CGI model), like the angle of the cockpit cone and the height of the sidewalls. I'm sure we'll hear from the intergalactic rivet counters on these issues soon.

5 hours ago, electric indigo said:

From what I remember, there are a lot of subtle proportional differences between the ANH filming model and the ESB version (which was the base for the TFA CGI model), like the angle of the cockpit cone and the height of the sidewalls. I'm sure we'll hear from the intergalactic rivet counters on these issues soon.

That I know of, there was:

-a 1/1 wooden mock-up made for ANH

-the 5-foot ANH filming miniature

-a 1/44 (approximate) scale miniature used for dynamic shots in ESB

-a new wooden mock-up for ESB

-at least one very small miniature used for the astroid monster scene in ESB

-a CGI Falcon was made for the the scenes added to the OT in the 90's.

Fact: none of these representations of the Falcon are consistent in shape, proportion or details between themselves, yet are supposed to all represent the same ship. Also fact: the effects team added landing gear boxes to the Falcon for ESB: a significant visual change, yet no on-screen explanation is provided.

Whereas all the above are well-documented facts, I can only thus conclude that "accurate" is a selective term employed by certain people when referring to their own preferred film prop/model, and not an objective standard. Consequently, I don't get hung-up on this detail not being quite right, the angle of the mandibles is wrong, or that panel does't look the same as on XYZ filming miniature. If it looks good to me, that's good enough and life is too short to get caught-up with meaningless, pedantic details.

And this is coming from someone who works on watches that have screws the size of a piece of dust. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was thinking about heading to Disneyland, CA this year....maybe I'll wait....in two years I'll have Star Wars, the Cars land, and the Marvel stuff to get more bang for the buck with the kids....been a while...think I'll head to Orlando for the Avatar stuff instead....always seem to get more out of Orlando's Disney parks....

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/14/15970164/star-wars-land-pictures-video