STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

I hope Bandai goes back to finishing up the kits from OT, at the very least we still need

1/72 A-wing

1/72 B-wing

1/72 TIE bomber

1/72 TIE interceptor

I could also wish for

1/144 Lambda-class shuttle

1/144 OT Falcon (this should be in the pipeline! wouldn't take much to rework the TFA Falcon)

1/48 AT-AT to go with the 1/48 AT-ST,Snowspeeder would be nice, but highly unlikely due to size (PG-sized? hmmm)

That should round up the main starships in the current two scales of Bandai's vehicle kits...

For the character lines, there should still be Snowtroopers, to round up the 'troopers we have so far, an individual Scout would be nice too.

Not sure if Bandai's license extends to the PT, for all the flak it gets, I think the vehicle designs are still pretty decent!

Good grief, what is it with Bandai and their obsession with microscopic kits? Wasn't 1/72 small enough already? If I wanted micro machines, I'd just buy the stupid tabletop game miniatures, since they'd probably wind up cheaper once you add shipping.

I've been waiting to see the main fighters in 1/48th for literally 25 years now, the least they could do is finish what they started, and make the non-electronic version of the X-wing. And I'm not going to be happy until they complete the full line of OT fighters in 1/48th. Honestly, the A-Wing is so tiny to begin with, I don't even know if I'd want to bother with one in 1/72.

Also.. please. No one wants the prequel craft, least of all the random trade federation junk they have shown there. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Japanese people have no space, yet they still buy every single one of the 20cm+ tall toysout on the market.

Titaniums and these 10cm kits are a good way to get a non-scale detailed craft without having to care about scale. Scale requires a lot of space, especially 1/48. So far, we only have 1/48 X-wing, Snowspeeder and AT-ST from Bandai, while Finemolds/Revell offers the only TIE Fighter.

I have decided to go with relative scaling in the form of Star Wars Armada, which only covers space vehicles. So I'll have access to most of the capital ships plus mini fighter squadrons.

By the way, the upcoming Bandai Vehicle Model 002 X Wing is 1/144 scale at 8.5cm. I am not sure whether they would do the same for the TIE Fighter while keeping it 600 yen. If they were to do a Snowspeeder, they'll need to make it a twin pack to keep it 1/144.

Edited by calubin_175

Guest davidwhangchoi
hey guys, i saw this and thought to post it here:

amiami

VARIABLE ACTION D-SPEC [sTAR WARS] X-WING STARFIGHTER (9720 yen)

5QabWeU.jpg

hRctXIS.jpg

7S8HOla.jpg

QBqo9cc.jpg

2D3gA6m.jpg

o9j6fAT.jpg

2fghRvY.jpg

5vPAe8x.jpg

NUJrBTO.jpg

m3CA05F.jpg

VARIABLE ACTION D-SPEC [sTAR WARS] AT-AT (9720 yen)

kOrTek8.jpg

HvOAQKf.jpg

Brml6AG.jpg

DOPKdQd.jpg

89Nx85Y.jpg

TvJVSzc.jpg

hh50Mxb.jpg

ym0Hzg8.jpg

cDS3uES.jpg

l7xpXoo.jpg

EGLiR1p.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I've been able to find all of the black series figures at retail at some point. They are out there, but you have to keep looking. I ran into the harder to find characters (Rey, Kylo Rin) in just the last 2 months. Wal Mart and the local grocery store chains is where I've seen most of them.

I've lost interest in the line as a whole, and have only picked up Kylo Ren and a First order Storm Trooper for myself.

Edited by Golden Arms

Yep, but I can't help shake the feeling that the Revell release of that massive kit is actually a lot more expensive than the Fine Molds one...

Edit: Looked back at discontinued items, looks like HLJ had its list price as 19,000 yen, so about $160 at current exchange (HLJ was selling it for 15200, about $133). Anyone know what the list price of the new one is? I don't trust any prices I'm seeing, because I don't think the kit is well circulated yet.

Amazon has listings for around $215 for the Revell version, but they also say the list price is $300, and some other hobby site has the MSRP at $350... So, really, wtf? :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal