STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Yeah, that Poe X-wing is the Level 1 kit. As I said $19.99

The Poe X-wing I bought today is the Level 2 kit. More accurate dimensions and larger. The retail for $29.99

Chris

Yeah that's what I was hoping to find since it's near impossible and too expensive for my tastes to get the Bandai kit now. And I'm not going to pay the scalpers price for the die cast Disney exclusive's, so my best bet right now is the level 2 kit. I'll keep an eye out for it. Haven't seen it at the local Targets or WalMarts yet. I'm really hoping down the line they release a toy thats more in scale with the figures like the old FX molds that they milked. Hated the rubbery plastic they used on those but they were at least the closest to scale and a proper representation in toy form. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

Man, these Revell kits look kinda crappy and the new toys that are being released aren't particularly impressive. The Bandai kits look pretty promising, though a bit on the small side.

Yeah that's what I was hoping to find since it's near impossible and too expensive for my tastes to get the Bandai kit now. And I'm not going to pay the scalpers price for the die cast Disney exclusive's, so my best bet right now is the level 2 kit. I'll keep an eye out for it. Haven't seen it at the local Targets or WalMarts yet. I'm really hoping down the line they release a toy thats more in scale with the figures like the old FX molds that they milked. Hated the rubbery plastic they used on those but they were at least the closest to scale and a proper representation in toy form. Can't wait to see what the future holds for us!

The diecast Disney T-70 x-wings are back in stock. They are only $9.95 and are pretty nice, I have both.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?Searchstr=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&pageCmdName=dsi:homeLandingPage&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0Ν=pProductID&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntt=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&D=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&Dr=pPublished%3A1&typeAhead=1

Online retailers like Towerhobbies have the level 2 kits in stock at retail price too if you can't find one locally.

Chris

The diecast Disney T-70 x-wings are back in stock. They are only $9.95 and are pretty nice, I have both.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSISearch?Searchstr=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&pageCmdName=dsi:homeLandingPage&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&N=0Ν=pProductID&Nr=pPublished%3A1&Ntk=All_Shopping&Ntt=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&D=Star%20Wars%20die%20cast&Dr=pPublished%3A1&typeAhead=1

Online retailers like Towerhobbies have the level 2 kits in stock at retail price too if you can't find one locally.

Chris

Thanks Chris!!

When I originally got the bug about needing to get some sort of X-wing, I had wanted to go for the diecast ones, but I could never find them at the Disney stores and the online shop weren't even listing them anymore. This is good news!! I'll have to go hunting today.

Edited by Fatalist

I think discontinuing all SL merchandise is dumb, but as a guy with a daughter, it was getting too prevalent. My girl wants a Princess Leia action figure. At this point, besides the Galactic Heroes version, I'd have to go all the way back to the 90's POTF2 Leia to get anything but the slave costume.

I think discontinuing all SL merchandise is dumb, but as a guy with a daughter, it was getting too prevalent. My girl wants a Princess Leia action figure. At this point, besides the Galactic Heroes version, I'd have to go all the way back to the 90's POTF2 Leia to get anything but the slave costume.

Quoted for truth. My daughter's upset at the lack of Black Widow role-play stuff too.

What I meant is that they should ban the concept of Bespin Luke from their marketing schemes since it is severely damaging the young children out there.

I see what you're saying, but I was sincerely asking if there was a Luke figure with only one hand. I find that funny for some reason...

I see what you're saying, but I was sincerely asking if there was a Luke figure with only one hand. I find that funny for some reason...

I think HotToys made a Bespin Luke here is the video review for it:

There was a 3.75" action figure way back that had a magnet built into the wrist. There was also one for Vader & a magnetic bisected Maul as well. My daughter loves that one!

Sorry, those aren't my photos, just stole then off the interwebs....looks pretty awesome though, was at that comic shop on Granville today and was tempted to buy it, lol!

Nice shots, peter! I've seen that shogun vader before but I never realized that the helmet had the deathstar on it! Durrrr

There are two different types of Vader. The original had a smaller Imperial symbol on his head, and his armor was different and he only came with his lightsaber katana. This new one has different styled armor on the chest, the Deathstar crest on the head and knees, and extra sword.

Good point! I never noticed the differences!

71ArMx0ThfL._SL1500_.jpg

710v%2Bw4xBxL._SL1500_.jpg

71W-NVSSPYL._SL1500_.jpg

71b1z1SxxrL._SL1500_.jpg

The first one was listed as Meisho MOVIE REALIZATION Star Wars ikkou Darth Vader-death star tenkabito

The second one was listed as Bandai Tamashii Nations Movie Realization Samurai General Darth Vader "Star Wars" Action Figure

Edited by peter

Sorry, those aren't my photos, just stole then off the interwebs....looks pretty awesome though, was at that comic shop on Granville today and was tempted to buy it, lol!

No worries! XD I stopped going to golden age and hmv to save up for the delta valks! I don't handle temptation very well lol

There are two different types of Vader. The original had a smaller Imperial symbol on his head, and his armor was different and he only came with his lightsaber katana. This new one has different styled armor on the chest, the Deathstar crest on the head and knees, and extra sword.

Thanks, Mommar! I hope that means that my attention to detail and/or memory aren't as bad as I thought they were! XD

No worries! XD I stopped going to golden age and hmv to save up for the delta valks! I don't handle temptation very well lol

Thanks, Mommar! I hope that means that my attention to detail and/or memory aren't as bad as I thought they were! XD

And thanks for providing the pics, peter!

Where are people stateside buying their Bandai Models from now? I cannot find the Bandai T-70 X-Wing, and the Revell ones look horrid in comparison. I want to display it next to my Bandai T-65. I checked Amazon, hlj, all the local hobby shops, no one is carrying it.

Amazon themselves stopped carrying them, but the ones I ordered came through smaller Japanese shops advertising on Amazon's main site. I don't know if those have dried up too now, though.

This one seems to still have them, but I don't know if they'll actually fill orders. The item title seems a little dubious, so they might be doing that to skirt the Disney embargo.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Wing-fighter-resistance-specifications-model/dp/B014VTPPS2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447037699&sr=8-2&keywords=x-wing+bandai

Edited by Chronocidal

Amazon themselves stopped carrying them, but the ones I ordered came through smaller Japanese shops advertising on Amazon's main site. I don't know if those have dried up too now, though.

This one seems to still have them, but I don't know if they'll actually fill orders. The item title seems a little dubious, so they might be doing that to skirt the Disney embargo.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Wing-fighter-resistance-specifications-model/dp/B014VTPPS2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447037699&sr=8-2&keywords=x-wing+bandai

I ordered my Tie fighter through a guy that was selling it as the Thailand fighter. It was the real thing, and a fairly reasonable price too.

Awesome! I managed to snag one that way as well. I'm shocked and amazed. Not only was it listed there but they shipped it to Australia.

This is why these types of restrictions are silly. People will either find ways around them, or just won't care to abide by them. The simple solution would be to not have these restrictions in place so that you could rake in more money in the end.