1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

They look absolutely amazing Saburo!

I saw them on Facebook a few minutes ago and was waiting with baited breath for them to appear here.

Thanks Garfinkel. I usually upload to my flickr account first so I can look them over and make fixes if I missed something. Then upload to FB and finally here on MW. :D

Lovely pics, Saburo! Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Thank you,when will your VF-4 be arriving :)

Early gen love there Saburo!

I almost didn't take that shot, I was moving some valks around and placed the 2 (VF-1S and VF-0S) of them next to the VF-4 then thought I should take a shot of the old crew. Also gave me a chance to use my new lens. :D

wow!!! those photos are simply awesome!! making me wonder if I should maybe get one of these after all!

Thanks spanner, if you do get one you can always blame me for the purchase. Its my forum title after all. :p:lol:

Awesome pictures Saburo. I hope this release does well for Arcadia so that they have an incentive to reissue other toys that have a high after-market price (VF-11C *cough cough*).

Thanks Scyla, I really hope Arcadia releases more of the rare/high after-market priced Valk along with Super/Strike packs.

As always, Saburo, awesome and lovely pics. :wub:

By the way, can you confirm if all the missile tabs are loose and if the elbow joints are loose too like Yamato's? Thanks in advance. ^_^

Thank you no3ljm much appreciated.

The missile tabs on mine are pretty tight and as for the elbow I can't say for sure because my Yamato ver is forever in fighter mode. The elbow joint is tight, but the rotation/swivel point just above the elbow is a little loose on the left arm.

:D :D

Enjoy-ed!

Fabulous shots as always Saburo

Thank you glad you liked them.

Really nice shots Saburo, as always! But I can't help notice the wrong rear fins angle in battroid mode...

attachicon.gifimage.png

Additionnally, in gerwalk, it seems to me that they are supposed to have the same angle as in battroid mode.

Thanks Xigfrid. I did angle the tail fins like the lineart first but changed it because in some shots it looked like the fins were attached to the head because of the long back extension of the VF-4 or it looked like it has big ears. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Gorgeous shots, Saburo! Glad to see some wider angle with the "team" shot there too.

I just noticed there are some "classic" Macross verniers on the VF-4 that I hadn't noticed before. The outside of the tops of the thighs in Battroid, and it looks like there's one in the shoulders, above the "speaker" looking thing, too. But in both cases, they're not painted. Was this the case on the Yamato as well? Might need to do some detailing on my copy when it arrives...

Man Saburo, when did you get your VF-4? Mine just came in the mail today, or is that a Yamato? Any way I also got my VF-0S in last Monday as well, was hoping to have both the VF-4 and VF-0S come in today, but HLJ had other plans as it sat in my private warehouse for more than 50 days and was about to automaticaly shipped.

Thank you no3ljm much appreciate.

The missile tabs on mine are pretty tight and as for the elbow I can't say for sure because my Yamato ver is forever in fighter mode. The elbow joint is tight, but the rotation/swivel point just above the elbow is a little loose on the left arm.

You're welcome sir! Just appreciating your gorgeous pics. ;)

So the Arcadia version still has that loose elbow joints. Good thing the missile tabs is tighter this time. :)

Gorgeous shots, Saburo! Glad to see some wider angle with the "team" shot there too.

I just noticed there are some "classic" Macross verniers on the VF-4 that I hadn't noticed before. The outside of the tops of the thighs in Battroid, and it looks like there's one in the shoulders, above the "speaker" looking thing, too. But in both cases, they're not painted. Was this the case on the Yamato as well? Might need to do some detailing on my copy when it arrives...

Thanks Mickyg! I wanted to put my new lens (birthday present to myself) to use. :) It was great to have a wide field of view, going to try for big group shot later.

Man Saburo, when did you get your VF-4? Mine just came in the mail today, or is that a Yamato? Any way I also got my VF-0S in last Monday as well, was hoping to have both the VF-4 and VF-0S come in today, but HLJ had other plans as it sat in my private warehouse for more than 50 days and was about to automaticaly shipped.

My VF-4 arrived on Saturday. Congrats on getting your VF-4 and VF-0S, sorry your plan didn't work out.

You're welcome sir! Just appreciating your gorgeous pics. ;)

So the Arcadia version still has that loose elbow joints. Good thing the missile tabs is tighter this time. :)

Lucky the elbow isn't a big issue and can be fixed (maybe). I have yet to try.

I tell yah, man.

Honestly, Skull Leader VF-1S still just totally embarrasses every valkyrie (especially in battroid-mode) Kawamori ever designed afterwards.

He simply just can't top his old design.

As much as I want to disagree, I can't. The VF-1S (or pick your VF-1 variant) is still THE most iconic Battroid of all Valkyries.

I will argue about Fighter mode since I think it looks a little dated, especially compared to most of what's come out afterwards, but that Battroid is King, errr, Queen of them all. It's clean, it's elegant and simple, and it still manages to look like a machine of war.

-b.

Awesome, but what is this thread meant to be for?

And what are the shoulder cannons meant to be in the cartoon?

I'm quoting here the thread's owner post from Page 1:

Hello again, as part 4 bit the dust due to more and more pics coming in, it's time for change. As stated in the title memebers can now place pictures of both 1/2000 and 1/3000 SDF-1 and other collections, whether they be made by Yamato, Bandai, Wave, Yellow SUb, and Hasegawa. They are all welcome.

So basically, you can post any Macross toys now without restrictions on what scaled and which company made it. Unless noted other wise as the pages go.

As for the shoulder cannon question, there's no info that those 'speaker' looking shoulder cannon is really a cannon. The only armaments this Valk have are the missiles and large beam cannons mounted on the arms. And cartoon-wise, the VF-4 didn't transform in the Flashback2012 OVA, and we didn't see it fires any projectiles during the 5-10 sec. that was shown. On the PSX/PSP games, I believe it just uses the missiles and the arm cannon. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks, yeah always think they should be missiles or something. So this place is just for posting anything Macross, I tend to just do that anywhere it suits anyway. Just the topic heading was quite... specific. :D

No worries, man. :) So if you have old and new, any scale Macross toys, just post away. Not sure about the kits though since they have a separate thread for that. ;)

Thanks Xigfrid. I did angle the tail fins like the lineart first but changed it because in some shots it looked like the fins were attached to the head because of the long back extension of the VF-4 or it looked like it has big ears. :lol:

I was uncertain if that was on purpose or not, now I am a Sabulieber! ;)

Dayummm!!!

Skull Leader VF-1S is STILL just totally BOSS than the 4G and 0S combined!!!

Without even wearing his FPs, too!

I tell yah, man.

Honestly, Skull Leader VF-1S still just totally embarrasses every valkyrie (especially in battroid-mode) Kawamori ever designed afterwards.

He simply just can't top his old design.

As much as I like the newer Valks, I agree with you. Anytime I am taking photos or even just looking at the Valks the VF-1 in battroid mode always gets my attention.

I had to wait for the HMR to drop in my PW before I could ship it. Probably in a week or so. Still too busy with work. -_-

Well hang in there, soon you'll be swooshing. :D

As much as I want to disagree, I can't. The VF-1S (or pick your VF-1 variant) is still THE most iconic Battroid of all Valkyries.

I will argue about Fighter mode since I think it looks a little dated, especially compared to most of what's come out afterwards, but that Battroid is King, errr, Queen of them all. It's clean, it's elegant and simple, and it still manages to look like a machine of war.

-b.

I agree with you fighter mode looks a bit a little dated, but once you add Super/Strike packs... :D:wub:

I must say the VF-1 has a glowing complexion compared to the others. :p

Haha, the VF-1 (TV ver) didn't get a tan, like her darker complexioned sister DYRL ver. :p

I was uncertain if that was on purpose or not, now I am a Sabulieber! ;)

Hehe, some of the pics just looked strange because the VF-4 head is really basic looking and with the tail fin angled higher up it was harder to see the shape of the head. I also like how angled down fin gives the shoulders more heroic Silhouette.

I'll just come right out and say it, I like the VF-0 in every mode more than the VF-1.

Well nobody is perfect. :p

*snip*

I agree with you fighter mode looks a bit a little dated, but once you add Super/Strike packs... :D:wub:

*snip*

You found the loophole! Agreed, but more of a machine of war than anything else.

-b.

I'll just come right out and say it, I like the VF-0 in every mode more than the VF-1.

I like the Zero and all, but the current Arcadia version in battroid-mode just looks like a hobo wearing some hiked-up farmer bib overalls next to a Skull Leader VF-1S battroid.

Prolly just need some straw hat to complete the hobo look...

:bump:

Cant wait till the hobo changes into his gonna take care of business suit... B))B))

the 4G looks like a 70's disco dancer with bell bottom jeans.... :lol::lol:

but its all good! ;)

Ya know?

You've given me the best idea when I get mine next month in how to display it battroid-mode more tolerably:

I'll try do the classic SNF Travolta pose with it, alongside with my Raideen, who does have bell bottoms...

:bump:

edit:

Wait a sec.

Can the 4G even rotate its arms and shoulders to reach or point up? :huh:

Edited by treatment