Jump to content

1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144


VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

161 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

  2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five



Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Great shots @peter, the location is cool. Is it a bike path?

That's a miniature runway of some kind.  08 L indicates that the landing heading is 080 and that is the runway on the Left.  I would assume that it's a model airplane strip, but then those reflectors could pose a serious landing hazard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Great shots @peter, the location is cool. Is it a bike path?

It's actually a playground for kids near YVR, with three runways and working lights.

 

I was with my family and my oldest had a blast playing with the Valks and posing them for some of the shots.IMG_20210123_144949.thumb.jpg.002de2556835747bc61968007da75147.jpg

Obviously no drones or RC allowed as it is right under the flight path. 

IMG_20210123_134039.thumb.jpg.2e498213b8e4708c81e8ec9d5ca9c3ee.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

That's a miniature runway of some kind.  08 L indicates that the landing heading is 080 and that is the runway on the Left.  I would assume that it's a model airplane strip, but then those reflectors could pose a serious landing hazard.

That is cool, thank you for the information. I learned something new today! :good:

 

13 minutes ago, peter said:

It's actually a playground for kids near YVR, with three runways and working lights.

 

I was with my family and my oldest had a blast playing with the Valks and posing them for some of the shots.IMG_20210123_144949.thumb.jpg.002de2556835747bc61968007da75147.jpg

Obviously no drones or RC allowed as it is right under the flight path. 

IMG_20210123_134039.thumb.jpg.2e498213b8e4708c81e8ec9d5ca9c3ee.jpg

 

That awesome to have something like that in your area. I commend you, I am not brave enough to bring my toys outside. :unsure:

Your family shots are great too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Saburo I am "immune" to this attack. ;) as I already have both the TV roy and TV super parts. Phew, every time I saw your post, I am worry about my wallet.

Mine are still in the box, so thanks for the gorgeous photos. I really enjoy it.

Edited by kkx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kkx said:

@Saburo I am "immune" to this attack. ;) as I already have both the TV roy and TV super parts. Phew, every time I saw your post, I am worry about my wallet.

Mine are still in the box, so thanks for the gorgeous photos. I really enjoy it.

:lol: @kkx that's good. There will be more opportunities to worry about your wallet. :p  Glad you enjoy the photos, they will help keep you toys in Box Mode. :good:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am so glad to have purchased this. I just can’t get over of how clean the VF-4 is.

There’s little bits that make this really nice:

1. Small are behind he canopy is now painted to match the VF-4.

2. The leg screws on the thighs are painted to match the body color.

3. No “1997 Big West” or “Made in China” stamps or under the wings.

4. Smoother, tighter joints. No flop out of the box.

5. Properly sized kite symbol on wing.

6. Enlarged skull insignias on wings versus the stickers previously supplied.

7. Gunpod with slimmer handle that attaches secure to the belly of the fighter.

Nice little improvements that made a huge difference.

34074149-96E1-47F6-A3EE-885145DBC1B8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I am so glad to have purchased this. I just can’t get over of how clean the VF-4 is.

There’s little bits that make this really nice:

1. Small are behind he canopy is now painted to match the VF-4.

2. The leg screws on the thighs are painted to match the body color.

3. No “1997 Big West” or “Made in China” stamps or under the wings.

4. Smoother, tighter joints. No flop out of the box.

5. Properly sized kite symbol on wing.

6. Enlarged skull insignias on wings versus the stickers previously supplied.

7. Gunpod with slimmer handle that attaches secure to the belly of the fighter.

Nice little improvements that made a huge difference.

34074149-96E1-47F6-A3EE-885145DBC1B8.jpeg

Nice vf-4 fam shot! A Max/Milla HMR VF-4 would round it out nicely too. The VF-4 is such a nice bird for customs...

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome pic!!!!

 

On 2/1/2021 at 5:58 PM, 505thAirborne said:

Nice!!!!

 

21 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very nice.

Thanks guys. Still trying to improve the quality of my pics, as always. :good:

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

Awesome, everyone is hanging out int he hangar. :good:

I see what you did there! :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...