1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Beauty! And yes, it is a wonderful figure. Objectively, the DX VF-1 might be slightly better but I think this is still my favorite too.

I agree. This is already bigger than the VF-1 in 1/60 scale. Imagine if Bandai decides to make a 1/48 scale for it. :wub:

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Great job! One of the finest Valk toys ever made. 

Thanks. I am definitely glad I have this in my collection. Need a bit of panel lining to make it pop.

Lolicon's version is just insane, will never match that, but will live to try to make my copy looks less plain.

Is yours as yellow as mine? Wonder if it is just the white balance of the camera. Will need to compare this to my other valk in daylight tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, kkx said:

Thanks. I am definitely glad I have this in my collection. Need a bit of panel lining to make it pop.

Lolicon's version is just insane, will never match that, but will live to try to make my copy looks less plain.

Is yours as yellow as mine? Wonder if it is just the white balance of the camera. Will need to compare this to my other valk in daylight tomorrow.

Macross_DSCN3642.jpg.c7bf9d3bb6474417c228e63c4613db9b.jpg333993117_Macross_VF-1J_VF-0S_DSCN36651.jpg.bad2cba550337c70d2c1661c7cfba489.jpg

Not sure, doesn't seem too yellow to me.

1 hour ago, kkx said:

Yours is the Yamato version, which used a more beige color; Arcadia used white for the VF-0S. Yours looks to be in great condition too!

The Yamato 0S was one of my earliest valks and is still a pretty good toy even with the improvements to valk toys over the years; I still have mine!

The only major problem with Yamato's is the plastic in the upper arms had a tendency to, er, disintegrate randomly. :mellow:

Yours is definitely whiter than mine. But your DX is also slightly whiter than my DX (but less than the VF-0S).

Can't be sure with my indoor lighting. Will double check tomorrow in day light.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yours is the Yamato version, which used a more beige color; Arcadia used white for the VF-0S. Yours looks to be in great condition too!

The Yamato 0S was one of my earliest valks and is still a pretty good toy even with the improvements to valk toys over the years; I still have mine!

The only major problem with Yamato's is the plastic in the upper arms had a tendency to, er, disintegrate randomly. :mellow:

Yes, mine is the Yamato. The Arcadia version is a bit out of my reach for now. That explained it. It is a beige color.

The condition is decent. Hopefully, some panel lining will improve the looks a bit.

48 minutes ago, kkx said:

Yes, mine is the Yamato. The Arcadia version is a bit out of my reach for now. That explained it. It is a beige color.

The condition is decent. Hopefully, some panel lining will improve the looks a bit.

Oh, it absolutely will. Really makes the details visible.

In the process of dusting off the shelves, so taking a few pics while I have some of my valks off their Yetis. 

1073446965_VF-25F01.jpg.feeca920bf5310278def4e1b84f78b69.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Oh, it absolutely will. Really makes the details visible.

In the process of dusting off the shelves, so taking a few pics while I have some of my valks off their Yetis. 

1073446965_VF-25F01.jpg.feeca920bf5310278def4e1b84f78b69.jpg

I really love what you did on those landing gears, @Lolicon. Superb as always. :wub:  :good:

20 hours ago, kkx said:

I am not buying a VF-25!

I am not buying a VF-25!

I am not buying a VF-25!

(i have to keep repeating this to myself)

They look really nice.

The renewals were a significant improvement over, well, all the Macross toys Bandai had ever produced up to that point, though this might be more an indictment of Bandai's near Toynami-levels of piss poor past products. (The still great Yamato 1/60 VF-1 came out the same year as Bandai's first VF-25 toys and wow that just made Bandai's efforts look even worse.)

The renewal VF-25 is now kinda dated and isn't as good as the VF-31, but it's still a good toy and the best version of it... for now.

14 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I hope they redo the VF-25 in the future...I only have a YF-25.  I'm watching Frontier for the first time right now and wishing I had those VF-25's.  Great stuff @Lolicon!

Thanks! Frontier is probably the best Macross show to come out since the original series and I remain ever hopeful that Bandai will revisit the VF-25 and give us a new, improved version with all the progress made over the years.

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Seeing my old VE-1 pics I thought I'd compare them with current pics. I didn't even have the Fiskars mat back in the distant past of several weeks ago. :ph34r:

Great work as usual on the weathering and the photos!