1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Long time since I posted anything here. Just got my VF171. :wub:

DSCN7847.jpg

Looks good. I like that pose there. Don't forget about the panels that you can flip down on the front of the chest area.

Here is my humble collection. Get to stare lovingly at them at work, perhaps it affects my productivity? Meh!

404060_4481868770684_107609963_n.jpg

I couldn't help but look at the books you have there. Are you a game designer/programmer?

Also, who stole the moon? That sounds rather ominous. :p

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Wow I am so envious of you and how much space you got to display all those, great collection Lynk. And your Armor Klan is still standing with the booster still attached unlike mine and Anime53k8 both of us had problems with the boosters and their attachements what a coincedence.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Really nice set up Lynk! I like how you posed Hikaru's VF-1A in the "must save Minmay" dive through SDF pose. Very creative use of the launch arm.

It's actually the first Valkyrie I ever bought, it was the set with the Strike/Super parts... though now I have the strike parts attached to Roy's VF-1S :p It took me less than a microsecond to decide to put Hikaru's VF-1A into the "save Minmay" dive lol, it's one of the iconic scenes of DYRL?

Pretty classy man cave Lynk.

Thanks, it was back breaking work x.x

Wow I am so envious of you and how much space you got to display all those, great collection Lynk. And your Armor Klan is still standing with the booster still attached unlike mine and Anime53k8 both of us had problems with the boosters and their attachements what a coincedence.

The house went through some renovations and some tiles in the kitchen were being removed with a jackhammer... the vibrations resulted in Klan immediately being dropped from its perch and me having a heartattack thinking it was all over... luckily everything is okay with her and after an agonising hour trying to balance her into position (just like the first time), there she is... I have no idea how she manages to keep her balance but only if there aren't any jackhammers active in the area :p

I couldn't help but look at the books you have there. Are you a game designer/programmer?

Also, who stole the moon? That sounds rather ominous. :p

Ha good eye! No I don't design games I actually work with space vehicles for the airforce. We do hi fidelity physics simulations and other things I can't talk about. ;)

Here is my humble collection. Get to stare lovingly at them at work, perhaps it affects my productivity? Meh!

I thought I was the only person on the planet who kept their 11's (to say nothing of the C variety) Fast Pack free.

Hmm, and another interesting point.... we both live in the same city.

Edited by Mommar

I thought I was the only person on the planet who kept their 11's (to say nothing of the C variety) Fast Pack free.

I keep mine pseudo FAST pack free. I leave the boosters off, but have the leg pieces attached, just like the VF-0's.

Ha good eye! No I don't design games I actually work with space vehicles for the airforce. We do hi fidelity physics simulations and other things I can't talk about. ;)

Physics simulations for secret real life valkyries I hope! ;)

I had this GBP-1S sitting around for a while pretty much untouched because I was disappointed that it lacked most of the markings that the 1/48 version had and lacked some moulded on detail as well.

Finally decided to try to make it look better. I put what stickers I could from what was provided, lacking though it may be. Added some weathering and a matte coat to it afterwards.

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_01.jpg

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_02.jpg

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_03.jpg

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_07.jpg

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_06.jpg

1/48 vs 1/60:

GBP-1S_VF-1J_Hikaru_05.jpg

My old 1/48:

VF-1J_GBP-1S.JPG

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Wow. That looks amazing macrossjunkie. Good work .. I like the paint wear effect you have going on

+1 looks great! I like how you even weathered the interior parts, I've seen some wherepeople forget to weather the insides, only the outside. Envious. 8-)

Oh what area of Abq do you reside in? And yeah, I like the fast packs but they kind of chunk up a really graceful looking fighter mode on the 11c.

May I share my little collection of Macross.

Nice and clean man.

Oh what area of Abq do you reside in? And yeah, I like the fast packs but they kind of chunk up a really graceful looking fighter mode on the 11c.

The West Side. Taylor Ranch. How about you?

I know all about the graceful looking. Especially from head on in Fighter and Gerwalk it's so sleek.

Was around $50 when first released back in 2008 - hard to find one now, even on eBay. Probably runs around $100+ now, might find better deals on Mandarake though. Definitely the best Minmay figure released IMO, just don't like the fact she's kinda small (rated at 1/8 scale, but I think that's being a bit generous).

sorry to go off topic. but is it safe to get ver 2 vf-1 1/60 from mandarake? do they check the shoulders and presumably, the original buyer who lives in Japan can get the parts easily replaced?

I got the sequel of it released by Manga Video, but I do remember seeing the original in a video store in Pittsburgh some time in my youth. The company that distributed it were the same guys that brough Macross 2 over here US. Rendentions or something like that.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Wow, two people who lived in Pittsburgh back to back. I'm gonna make that a threesome because I grew up in Pittsburgh (preschool all the way through college) and I'm a Yinzer through and through. Even got the accent.

Looking at the pictures in this thread, it makes me realize it's gonna take me ages to ever get a house to display all my crap in. Curse you, California! In your eye, housing market!

DSCN7940.jpg

Sorry for not a full Valk pic....but Who Will Win??

DSCN7937.jpg

I hope Alto puts on Starscream's goofy gold crown after he owns him. First Galvatron, now this. When is Starscream ever gonna learn?

Wow, two people who lived in Pittsburgh back to back. I'm gonna make that a threesome because I grew up in Pittsburgh (preschool all the way through college) and I'm a Yinzer through and through. Even got the accent.

Looking at the pictures in this thread, it makes me realize it's gonna take me ages to ever get a house to display all my crap in. Curse you, California! In your eye, housing market!

who is the second?

who is the second?

Hahah I guess not you?

I'm not liking the new Starscream though. No chance of finding the original Japanese release for a reasonable price, eh?

Edited by xrentonx

Oh I misunderstood I though you meant that there were three of us on this forum that are from Pittsburgh, but yeah I am from there, upper Hill District for the past eighteen years until I left for good in 2000.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

I had found this pic on my flash drive, it was on my old Photobucket account before some A-hole got it banned, thought I lost it forever. Some girl power

post-269-0-59328600-1346707072_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-92877400-1346707075_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my Gerwalk pics. Finally figured out how to post pics from Flickr and it was a lot tougher to get this pose kept falling down on me. seems the leg and foot joints are tighter than the 19S during the transformation.

8001881792_a0f57541e0_b.jpg

8001882338_c2e7cf1dbc_b.jpg

8001880881_c26221c2b2_b.jpg

8001881255_4e908715d9_b.jpg

8001882664_bdc416a141_b.jpg