VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Something a little different...

galaxy-s2-sms-front.jpg

galaxy-s2-sms-back.jpg

That's a Samsung Galaxy S II with a yellow SGP Neo Hybrid EX bumper case for anyone who's wondering... attached is the Skull Squadron emblem charm and then the SMS lanyard obviously :p

Edited by Lynk

Found me a VF-X at BBTS online. Here are some before and after shots. Panel lines and stickers done. I took some liberty with the stickers and just had some fun as there is not a lot of reference line art. Enjoy..

Very nice panel line job! I wish I had the pair to do that kinda work myself.

My new Roy-TV with the option parts, hangin' out with my Isamu-OVA...

DSC_5364.JPG

:D

Treatment when did you get those option parts for your Roy?

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

I myself am not really that keen into the 30th anniv. but I haven't had a 1J Hikaru before and it's the only one brought in by a local hobby shop. I wasn't really after the option parts too since I plan to get the Armor parts for this which technically makes the side covers useless. It's just that it's already a good deal and now I've got the TV white option parts. Hoping to get Hikaru's 1S next and hopefully the option parts will be in the DYRL off-white.

I dissembled the big 6ft x 5ft 1/48 Dioarama hangar. Retired the 1/48's to the attic.

Downsized to the one shelf of chain bases....

A bit boring... but still a work in progress....

100_2189.jpg

100_2182.jpg

So where's the pullout shot?

My new Roy-TV with the option parts, hangin' out with my Isamu-OVA...

DSC_5364.JPG

:D

Isamu: Hey Roy, your shoe's untied.

(Roy looks down)

Isamu: Dumb a$$

Roy: How do you always get me with that? It's not like we leave this shelf.

Slight update to the Ozma hangar...testing my creativity in a smaller space... too many people fighting for chain bases on evilbay so i'm going to substitute for a while.... also some caution lines to break up all that grey monotany...still a work in progress

.100_2236.jpg

.100_2239.jpg

.100_2240.jpg

.100_2231.jpg

Have been checking in for awhile but I have been in a bit of a funk with both my jobs as my first job is gearing up for ugh back to school and still have to deal with the moronicness of the warehouse as they keep shipping us crap we don't need and a spineless pre-madonna AKA Mr. perfect GM who can't seem do something about it but chase after me to put up chairs which is not my job. I have been down about my life and that I have been neglecting to post some pics on my thread that I started. Though I have been keeping up with everyone elses pics thanks to the notification I get on my e-mail. So I'll just attach some pics from my hardrive since I never did get a chance to upload them onto my Photobucket account.

post-269-0-78154300-1341285374_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-30619200-1341285464_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-98027700-1341285562_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-03091100-1341285629_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Found me a VF-X at BBTS online. Here are some before and after shots. Panel lines and stickers done. I took some liberty with the stickers and just had some fun as there is not a lot of reference line art. Enjoy..

you know I passed on that, saying to myself I got enough VF-1's and yet I go pre-order a DYRL VF-1A CF on Ami Ami along with the DYRL Movie Blu Ray and Tekkaman Blade, though Blade was supposed to come at the end of June but got moved to July, it looks like they will all be released at the end of July----- I'm pretty much screwed. :blink:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Been too busy and lazy to put up new shots of stuff I've gotten in the past 6 months or so. too lazy to even work on them. Finally got off my butt and stickered up the valks, panel lined them, and did some varying degrees of weathering. I'm holding off on transforming Ozma's 25S again until I get some time to clear coat it.

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_Fighter_02.jpg

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_Fighter_03.jpg

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_Battroid_01.jpg

VF-1J_TV_Hikaru_Battroid_02.jpg

VF-17S_Gamlin_GERWALK_02.jpg

VF-17S_Gamlin_GERWALK_03.jpg

Edit: Removed dead links.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Those stickers are looking very good on your 17. I've been having problems with the sticker portion "showing" too much. I thought they were waterslides at first as well. Have you done any stickering on the underside (mostly for Fighter mode) as well?

Those stickers are looking very good on your 17. I've been having problems with the sticker portion "showing" too much. I thought they were waterslides at first as well. Have you done any stickering on the underside (mostly for Fighter mode) as well?

Only minimally. Just markings for the landing gear doors.

post-10222-0-64194300-1341461295_thumb.jpg

I try to trim the stickers as close to the edges as is practical with a pen knife.

I got done with clear coating the the fighter mode and the legs. Now I just need to do hidden parts of the arms and parts of the chest area.VF-17S_Gamlin_Fighter_04.jpg

VF-17S_Gamlin_Fighter_06.jpg

VF-17S_Gamlin_Fighter_07.jpg

VF-17S_Gamlin_Fighter_08.jpg

Edit: bonus pic with the craptastic Bandai 1/65 VF-17S

post-10222-0-32795600-1341463471_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Ditto on trimming the stickers. The valks look so much better when you trim the stickers down as close as possible. It usually takes me several hours to trim them, but the results are totally worth it.