1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

On 7/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, Lolicon said:

Haha thanks all. My case is minor and I never felt the need to go to the emergency room or anything. Just super fatigued for almost two weeks and didn't have the energy to do anything except rest, watch TV, and occasionally crawl to the kitchen to eat something. :lol: I'm still barred from returning to work pending a negative COVID test, but at least I'm still getting paid. :yahoo:

Anyway, it seems Yamato took a page from Bandai's playbook and started screwing and gluing everything together, making taking apart the VF-11 a bit of a chore.

1003522804_VF-11Cdisassembled.jpg.3f972c3b2bf2749abe298cf122e03a88.jpg

Made my own decal sheet in preparation. Decals are for both the B and C.

742705274_VF-11Cdecals.jpg.3161c494ce20057ce675b18711f52557.jpg

I am interest in making my own decal. Would love to know what printer you use to print white.

On 7/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, Lolicon said:

Haha thanks all. My case is minor and I never felt the need to go to the emergency room or anything. Just super fatigued for almost two weeks and didn't have the energy to do anything except rest, watch TV, and occasionally crawl to the kitchen to eat something. :lol: I'm still barred from returning to work pending a negative COVID test, but at least I'm still getting paid. :yahoo:

Anyway, it seems Yamato took a page from Bandai's playbook and started screwing and gluing everything together, making taking apart the VF-11 a bit of a chore.

1003522804_VF-11Cdisassembled.jpg.3f972c3b2bf2749abe298cf122e03a88.jpg

Made my own decal sheet in preparation. Decals are for both the B and C.

742705274_VF-11Cdecals.jpg.3161c494ce20057ce675b18711f52557.jpg

Welcome back and nice work. The VF11C is the best looking fighter in M7 to me :D 

Take care!

3 hours ago, kkx said:

I am interest in making my own decal. Would love to know what printer you use to print white.

Sadly, printing white is not possible unless you have a special decal printer. Fortunately, the 11C is almost completely white so it isn't really an issue.

3 hours ago, EastwindS2k said:

Welcome back and nice work. The VF11C is the best looking fighter in M7 to me :D 

Take care!

Thanks! I'm developing a new appreciation for the Thunderbolt now that I've spent a lot more time messing with it, as opposed to just sitting on a display stand as it has been all these years.

2 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^Kaneda's Bike!

B))

-b.

Indeed! That is the Bandai version, and I still think Kaneda is a bit oversized in relation to the bike. I displayed the bike by itself for a very long time, but i caved in lately.

1571014359_kanedaahzoka.jpg.00fb04e8da0449b9ba490ee6196f24f7.jpg

On the other end, she is a tad too small. Sadly I bought her from a member here many years ago, and she is extremely flimsy, falling apart right out of the box. Her limbs just fall apart. I need to learn that trick about coating the ball joint with nail polish, is it? 

51 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Indeed! That is the Bandai version, and I still think Kaneda is a bit oversized in relation to the bike. I displayed the bike by itself for a very long time, but i caved in lately.

1571014359_kanedaahzoka.jpg.00fb04e8da0449b9ba490ee6196f24f7.jpg

On the other end, she is a tad too small. Sadly I bought her from a member here many years ago, and she is extremely flimsy, falling apart right out of the box. Her limbs just fall apart. I need to learn that trick about coating the ball joint with nail polish, is it? 

You can use Future/Pledge Floor Finish/"Kragle" to tighten up the joints and use a very small drop on the joints and move it around as it drys. Don't keep it in one position for a long time otherwise it will stay in that pose forever. If it's still too loose after the first try, let the first coat dry completely and then add the second coat.

Put too much on and it will slop all over the place and defeat the purpose. 

Tutorials on Youtube as well - "Loose joints on action figures", etc. ;)

Edit: Added a Lego Movie reference as well.

Edited by borgified

5 hours ago, borgified said:

You can use Future/Pledge Floor Finish/"Kragle" to tighten up the joints and use a very small drop on the joints and move it around as it drys. Don't keep it in one position for a long time otherwise it will stay in that pose forever. If it's still too loose after the first try, let the first coat dry completely and then add the second coat.

Put too much on and it will slop all over the place and defeat the purpose. 

Tutorials on Youtube as well - "Loose joints on action figures", etc. ;)

Edit: Added a Lego Movie reference as well.

Youtube! You're right, i have learned o do so many things thanks to youtube!. Thanks for  the tip. I 've been meaning to do this for a while now. I bought some used blackseries stormtroopers years ago, and some of them are all loose, sadly. I just wanted to army build those and I got some pre-abused ones i guess. Thanks for the tips @borgified.

I was going to get that Bondic stuff, sculpt a bigger ball joint over the ball joint, and then pop them back in. Has anyone experimented with Bondic? Is it as good as they advertise it is?

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Youtube! You're right, i have learned o do so many things thanks to youtube!. Thanks for  the tip. I 've been meaning to do this for a while now. I bought some used blackseries stormtroopers years ago, and some of them are all loose, sadly. I just wanted to army build those and I got some pre-abused ones i guess. Thanks for the tips @borgified.

I was going to get that Bondic stuff, sculpt a bigger ball joint over the ball joint, and then pop them back in. Has anyone experimented with Bondic? Is it as good as they advertise it is?

Bondic sounded interesting to me when I had first learned of it, but when I looked at the reviews on Amazon for it, I shied away from trying it. 

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I don't know.........still looking pretty bland. You should probably put that back together and give it to me.:rolleyes:

You can have all my Macross stuff in the event I die in a blimp crash. ;)

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

If you really want to make it not bland, you should paint it with the Pink Peckers squadron colors. ;)

I still think that's the best and worst squadron name ever. :lol:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

You can have all my Macross stuff in the event I die in a blimp crash. ;)

I still think that's the best and worst squadron name ever. :lol:

Is that you in a blimp and it crashes. Or you get hit by a crashing blimp? Or both. I just want to make sure that I arrange this accurately we're on the same page.:rolleyes:

Best bet is to wait for Yetistand to re-open, God willing, and check with him.  He already has or can make just about any adapter you can think of.  And his stuff is great quality.

He's got a new job and it's keeping him quite busy at the moment though.

You could also post in the 'WANTED' section.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, claude grant said:

Best bet is to wait for Yetistand to re-open, God willing, and check with him.  He already has or can make just about any adapter you can think of.  And his stuff is great quality.

He's got a new job and it's keeping him quite busy at the moment though.

You could also post in the 'WANTED' section.

Thanks for the heads up. I will wait :)