1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Been taking all my white valks out of their boxes with the reports of yellowing lately.

The only decent Yeti solution I could come up with using what I had at hand for the RVF-171, what with the huge ventral fin and wonky stand adapter. Hopefully the addition of armor packs won't mess this up. :ph34r:

5a88a252cc379_yetiRVF-17101.thumb.jpg.72fd58e674a2d946d8d1be8d8d57796d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Saburo said:

It’s been a while, took the Armored VF-25F from the display case to check the joints. 

826AFB39-A9EE-4A86-A102-64D48C3DE1B8.thumb.jpeg.7470d62e59e63ff93fc1698ac14027f3.jpeg

Damn that looks good, great pic as always Saburo! 

How are those joint holding out, still tight? 

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

It’s been a while, took the Armored VF-25F from the display case to check the joints. 

826AFB39-A9EE-4A86-A102-64D48C3DE1B8.thumb.jpeg.7470d62e59e63ff93fc1698ac14027f3.jpeg

How are the joints? Mine had loose shoulders and thighs already, and it was the first time ever transforming my Armored 25F.

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Damn that looks good, great pic as always Saburo! 

How are those joint holding out, still tight? 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

How are the joints? Mine had loose shoulders and thighs already, and it was the first time ever transforming my Armored 25F.

@505thAirborne & @Lolicon

The shoulder hinge and ball joint are bit looser but still holds pretty well. Thighs are alright and the foot extension on the left doesn't lock as well it did.  I'l do some maintenance and try to tighten things up.  Having the mini Yetistand helps reduce the stress on the leg and hip joints.

On 3/4/2018 at 3:03 PM, mickyg said:

LOL at the "mini" Yetistand - had to double check what it was you were referring to.  I've got the lego adapter and that's a brilliant use for it!

Pics are looking great, everyone!

Thanks, I had a couple of brick adapters and didn't have any Lego but I found a use for them. :D Really helps stabilize the Armored VF-25.

Edited by Saburo

15 hours ago, Saburo said:

Finally getting back into taking photos. Here''s Milia and Max.

38888711890_997e0dcdcb_h.jpg

That is a really cool pic. I need a 1/60  Max 1J so I can have a similar setup in my display. The Max and Millia Q-Rau are still two of my favorite Macross toys. I know they are a floppy leg mess and the fact that we never got poseable pilot figures for them is inexcusable. But at least we have the CMs for great shots like this. 

18 hours ago, Saburo said:

Finally getting back into taking photos. Here''s Milia and Max.

38888711890_997e0dcdcb_h.jpg

Well it's about time!! :lol:

Awesome group shot!! One of these days I'll have to find those Max & Miria pilot figures. 

5 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

That is a really cool pic. I need a 1/60  Max 1J so I can have a similar setup in my display. The Max and Millia Q-Rau are still two of my favorite Macross toys. I know they are a floppy leg mess and the fact that we never got poseable pilot figures for them is inexcusable. But at least we have the CMs for great shots like this. 

Thanks @SuperDimensionalDave.  Yes, the Q-Raus are a bit floppy, but I did some joint maintenance (clear nail polish) helped tighten up the joints and ankles to they were less floppy.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Well it's about time!! :lol:

Awesome group shot!! One of these days I'll have to find those Max & Miria pilot figures. 

@505thAirborne hehe, Thanks!  I am gonna try to catch up on my backlog before the 31A arrives. :D

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey where are the VF-22s? :unknw:

I am still looking for a set of them for a decent price. :D

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Man, the 1:48's had a couple of killer paint schemes the 1:60V2's never got!  IF only! 

The 1/48's will always be my favorite. Still hate the PT spider hands though. Maybe one day Arcadia will try their hands at 1/48 VF's with the newer 1/60 V2's sensibilities.  That'd be keen!

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Man, the 1:48's had a couple of killer paint schemes the 1:60V2's never got!  IF only! 

Yeah, 1/48s had some incredible paint schemes. Weathered ones are really cool.

1 minute ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

The 1/48's will always be my favorite. Still hate the PT spider hands though. Maybe one day Arcadia will try their hands at 1/48 VF's with the newer 1/60 V2's sensibilities.  That'd be keen!

Yeah, they are my favorite too with the same complaint about the hands. They don't bother me too much though. It would probably be easy for someone to model some huh?